Author Topic: Sanada Wonder Child Challenge: Do These Genes Make My Butt Look Big? [Completed]  (Read 28597 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Sanada Wonder World Challenge: Do These Genes Make My Butt Look Big?

Chapter List

Announcement Trailer (Apr 03)

Week 1, Day 1: Sowing Genetic Excellenge (Apr 04)

Week 1, Day 2: Let the Skilling Begin! (Apr 07)

Week 2, Day 9: And Then There Were Five (Apr 09)

Week 3, Day 16: Boys, Be Ambitious! (Apr 10)

Week 4, Day 22: Twins for the Win (Apr 12)

Week 5, Day 29: Nearing the End of Teendom (Apr 15)

Week 5, Day 34: Mission Accomplie (Apr 17)

Hello there!  :D
After reading this challenge, if you are interested in seeing how the resulting Wonder Child fares as the founder of his own Apocalypse Challenge, click here

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sanada Wonder Child Challenge: "Trailer"
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 12:28:19 AM »
Announcing "The Sanada Wonder Child Challenge: Do These Genes Make My Butt Look Big?"

Hello folks!

I will soon be writing up my gameplay while playing Pinstar’s Wonder Child Challenge.
Last spring, I already completed this challenge once while playing for points.  Sadly, this Wonder Child is ill-equipped to handle the rigors of Pinstar’s Apocalypse Challenge for Sims 4.
This time around, therefore, I’ll be cultivating a Wonder Child for the main purpose of using him as the founder of an Apocalypse Challenge.

The challenge rules can be found here.
Pinstar also recorded his gameplay of the challenge, from start to finish. If you like watching gameplay videos, you can watch his videos with commentary on Youtube from that same webpage.

This is a very short challenge, starting with two unacquainted “Day 1” adults and ending when the Wonder Child ages up into a Young Adult.
Exactly because it’s so short, I thought I’d use this challenge to play around with custom content, which I’d never used before.
@Nettlejuice has been kind enough to share her abundant knowledge about using and organizing cc;
the tacky fashion choices appearing within my story are entirely my own.

To conclude my “trailer” post, here’s a preview shot of the future Wonder Child's parents-to-be. As the story begins, they are strangers so this is obviously a later shot. (Pose by kiruluvnst)

In case you're wondering, the male sim is a spare in my recent Immortal Dynasty and is my all-time favorite sim. The female sim was born into one of my failed dynasty attempts and she sometimes joins my for-fun games. I made "twins" of both sims in my library, so these two "bin clones" begin without any skills or reward traits.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 01:44:56 AM »
WOW!  What a beautiful couple, and an awesome backdrop.  Simply cannot wait to read this!    :D

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 01:56:56 AM »
WOW!  What a beautiful couple, and an awesome backdrop.  Simply cannot wait to read this!    :D

Totally agree with this! My sims always tend to end up looking the same... *tuts*

I'll be reading 😊

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 06:53:49 AM »
These two are a gorgeous couple and I love the CC you have used for them. Kiru is one of my favourite pose creators ^^
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Week 1, Day : Sowing Genetic Excellence
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 11:32:18 AM »
Week 1, Day 1: Sowing Genetic Excellence

I’d recently moved into the only place I could afford—the cheapest house in all of the simverse.
You know which one I mean…that little nothing of a house that is diagonally across from Johnny Zest’s in Oasis Springs.
Even my neighbor JZ is doing better than me. He may live in a cramped trailer but his lot is quite large.
I, on the other hand, live in a tiny house on a tiny lot. Life couldn’t be more mundane.

Today starts out like any other. I wake up early and make myself breakfast, then have a cup of coffee while watching the news on the internet.
I hear the mail being delivered earlier than usual, so I walk outside to the mailbox.
Inside the mailbox lies an unstamped envelope with no return address, addressed to Jin Sanada. Uh, that’s me.

Date: April 1, 2016
Program: The Wonder Child Project
Project: RRR (Phase 1)

Briefing

Greetings Citizen Sanada. After screening the genetic backgrounds of hundreds of sims, you have been especially selected—in view of your superior genetic profile—to participate in the Wonder Child Project. Moreover, the government has noted your unmarried status and desire for children. We are here to remedy both.
We have paired you with a fellow citizen of similar age that we have determined to have complementary personality and genetic qualities optimal for child rearing.
You will be given a $22,000 stipend and the choice of lot to purchase. There the two of you will take up residence as ordinary people. You will take jobs in the area of your choosing, and otherwise blend in with the neighborhood.
As part of this program you must reproduce at least once with your selected mate. The first child born of the coupling will be the ultimate focus of this project: the “Wonder Child”.
Once this child is born, you are to devote your entire lives to raising them as successfully as possible. Leave no advantage ungranted, no assistance unrendered. Your undivided attention must be given to this child. Any efforts to improve yourselves or any subsequent children are to be for the indirect betterment of your Wonder Child.
This is a competition. There are hundreds of other couples doing the same as you. Show us your child rearing skills, make the best child that one can make, and you will be rewarded handsomely.
We look forward to a positive reply.
Sincerely yours,

*Classified name*
Director, The Simverse Center for Genetic Excellence

To be honest, I’ve been in a bit of a rut lately, if you haven’t noticed.
Though I’m a freelance painter, I’ve been feeling quite uninspired these days for reasons unknown. Maybe it’s because I feel like my life’s going nowhere.
I’m a cheerful, creative Sim with the Family-Oriented trait, so all I’ve ever really wanted to do is meet my soulmate and raise a family together.
Fate’s not been kind to me, though, and I’ve never managed to meet “the one,” so I’m intrigued that this Center believes it could find my perfect match
just by comparing genetic profiles.

I can't say I like the idea of raising a child as part of a government-sponsored competition.
And the letter never actually explains why the simverse has need of so many Wonder Children.
What should I do about this letter?
I take a look around my colorless home and decide to give her a call, that woman whom the Center believes to be my perfect match.

Her name is Misa Nishijima and she answers the phone soon after the second ring, sounding somewhat disoriented.
We introduce ourselves briefly then discuss the feasibility of collaborating on the project.
I decide the least I can do is go to meet this woman in person.
It’s not like I’m leaving much behind here. It’s just a day trip but I pack up all my belongings anyway, then phone for a cab.
As you can see, I don’t own much.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the simverse in a nicer part of town lives Misa Nishijima, a somewhat distant relative of the wealthy Nishijima Dynasty.
She just recently graduated from high school yet lives alone in a ritzy Tudor house in downtown Windenburg, a city girl through and through.

A few hours earlier, Misa also receives a similar letter from the Simverse Center of Genetic Excellence.
But let’s allow her to tell the story.

Soon after reading the letter, I am shaken out of my shock by the phone ringing.
In a daze, I dash for the phone and realize the caller is that man, Jin Sanada.
I don’t know what he’s like as a person, but he certainly has a pleasant voice—gentle, warm.
Just how compatible might we be, I wonder.

We hypothetically talk about which lot we’d prefer, if we were to collaborate.
Much to our surprise, we both choose the same lot—that beachfront lot on the island off the coast of Windenburg City.
Though I live in the city, I have the Loves the Outdoors trait.
What could be more ideal than living near the ocean, constantly hearing the sound of waves?

Jin (look at me, calling him by his first name already!) persuades me to meet him at the lot.
Even though it's just a day trip, I rush upstairs to throw some things into an overnight bag.
I try on a few outfits, trying to decide what clothes to bring. (Why am I trying to impress him?)

After letting my family and friends know that I’ll be away for a few days (what? A girl can hope, can’t she?), I phone for a taxi and wait on the curb.
What do you mean this is too much luggage? What’s wrong with a little optimism?
Somehow, I just know that letter is going to completely transform my life.

Jin: I arrive on the island first and stand around awkwardly.
When I spot Misa through the trees in the distance, I realize I should have hidden my bags.
Suddenly, I feel foolish and embarrassed at being seen with all my luggage.

Jin: Well, this is interesting…she seems to have brought a suitcase!  Well, well. And wow, she is unbelievably gorgeous!

Misa: There he is! I wonder what kind of desperate person would come all the way out here to talk with some stranger. (No, I’m not referring to myself…)
And why did I change my clothes at the last minute? My “Get in, loser” tee-shirt was just fine!
But now that I’ve dragged this stupid suitcase halfway around the island, I’m all sweaty and want to change again!

We introduce ourselves, in person this time, then I explain that I’d like to change my clothes.
Jin: If you’d like, how about if I throw together a temporary shelter for us? Looks like you also came with plans for an overnighter.
Misa: Sure, go ahead. Whatever you like (but please stop eyeing my suitcase).

(An hour goes by…)
Misa: Wow, considering we’re just going to spend one night here, this sure looks like the foundation for something more permanent.
Jin: (grins shyly) Oh, you noticed that? On the south side facing the ocean would be the Focused room.
To its north would be an Inspired Room. There’s one restroom to the east for now. You can change there.
I hope you don’t mind that I used some of our funds to buy a bed for you to sleep in tonight and a sofa for me.
Misa: Uh, sure. (He  is really handsome and very nice, but I’m still too embarrassed to admit that the ferry captain is arranging for all my luggage to be driven over by jeep tomorrow morning.

Jin: For now, I’ve placed the sofa so we can sit and look out over the ocean. Come sit with me, please.
Are you feeling okay, Misa?  You look a little upset.
Misa: Bah, that stupid ferry captain asked me if I’d planned to open a department store on this island.
Jin: Really? Why would he ask you that? You only have one suitcase.
Misa: What? Oh, it’s nothing really.  Hey, this is such a fantastic view!
Jin: This would be a wonderful place to live and raise a….and go fishing and stuff.

And so the two get acquainted and in the process they learn that they both share the Family Oriented and Loves the Outdoors traits. In fact, they are getting along exceedingly well until an interruption from the Welcome Wagon.
Jin: (texting to Misa: How do we get rid of the Welcome Wagon? Do you think they’ll leave if we start fishing?)
Misa: (texting back: It’s worth a try!)

After losing the Welcome Wagon, Jin and Misa do a little more fishing, a little gathering, and a little more getting to know each other.
In fact, they become best friends!

By nightfall, they’ve gotten to know each other very well indeed.
If you look very closely at the dark brown bed placed in the middle of nowhere in pitch darkness, you can see the little hearts. (Sorry about that!)

Hey, you two! A thousand apologies for spoiling the lovely mood and all, but I’ve been sent here to hear your decision about the project.
You can call me Watcher.

Jin: Are you here representing the Simverse Center of Genetic Excellence regarding the Wonder Child Project?
W: That I am. And, erm, don’t rush to get dressed just because I’m here. *blushes beet red
Jin: Well I do have two questions. My first question is for Misa: What could I do to convince you to stay with me here?
Misa: You need to ask?
Jin: Oh Misa, you were made for me.  I was hoping that you’d feel the same way as I do.
Now I’m ready to ask my second question, Watcher.
W: And that is?
Jin: Watcher, where do we sign? 

Watcher hands them each two copies of the agreement, which they swiftly sign then resume making eyes at each other.
W: Oh no, please don’t worry about me! I insist on seeing myself out. (Hmmph! How rude!)

Tonight, we leave the blissful couple delighting in their newfound happiness.
The real work shall begin on the morrow.

And that, boys and girls, is how Jin Sanada and Misa Nishijima became a participating couple in the Wonder Child Project administered by the Simverse Center for Genetic Excellence.
The sacrifices some sims are willing to make for the advancement of sim science never cease to amaze!

(All poses in this chapter by kiruluvnst)

Watcher’s remark:
This is very much not my usual way of doing things--I love quirky, extremes, absurd, or unpredictable happenings.  But this chapter is, well, pretty sappy.
However, these two sims are so striking (yes, I’m immodestly saying it about my own sims, sorry!), the coastal scenery is breathtaking, and the poses are so romantic that I’m unable to carry on with my usual snarky humor.

The friendship and romance bars for both sims maxed out by late afternoon and Jin was chomping at the bit to propose, but we are waiting a day to be safe.
Perhaps the real challenge of narrating this challenge is to work around the fact that it entails intensive skill-grinding. Hopefully, we can all be distracted from that reality by the pretty sims and lovely scenery.  ;D

Thank you for reading!

Next chapter

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
This is a lovely start... even if it's just a "skill grind", it will be a pleasure to watch the eye-candy you've created! Do you get extra points for the sheer beauty of your wonder child? 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Lovely, lovely start.  I've never been brave enough to use any CC and have no idea how to use the poses folks make.  Almost five years of play and I'm still a newbie and at a loss about most stuff.  This is going to be wonderful.  Your Sims are gorgeous!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Aw, they are cute. And they both brought suitcases , lol! Yes, that beach front property, hmm I wonder if you will build the Balinese paradise after all.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@tjtemple  Thank you so much for your kind comments! I loved your comment about extra points for "beauty." Sadly, having two attractive parents doesn't always guarantee an equally attractive sim in the case  of my sims. I think the key is how features combine in the new sim but I don't really understand that. However, I did make Misa's lips thinner.

@Tigerskin Thanks for reading. I'd love to see what your favorite sims look like!

@Nettlejuice  I am only able to experiment and play around like this because of your advice and tips! I've always loved your stylish use of cc in your storytelling. Your latest Kessy dynasty made me want to try some new approaches to content. And yes, I've been thinking of the Balinese style house for here, but this challenge is too short and too skill-focused to build it this time around (though I could continue the file once the challenge is complete)
@Joria          I'm using cc mainly for my sims' hair and clothing. The suitcases were also cc (and already deleted from my Mods folder). I only used one Poses pack for the last chapter.  Apparently, there's a pose player for selecting poses but the recent patch broke it. For now, whenever any sim initiates a friendly hug on an opposite-gender sm, the two will go through the seven poses. I wish it would only work when I initiated that social using a male sim.  I won't be making such extensive use of the poses throughout the story, but I thought the romantic poses would suit the plot of the parents falling in love.

I'm both a little sad and a little happy that no one has recognized the male sim yet... when you last saw him, he didn't have the soul patch.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Very cool! Both the sims are beautiful but "he" looks so very different with CC hair and CC clothes, I had to zoom in to really have a good look! You know that once you start using CC that it becomes addictive right?  :P
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@Playalot  Granted he's now wearing glasses and a soul patch, but the hair makes the biggest difference I think. Male hair for Sims 4 is mostly awful.
                 I'll put him in Maxis clothes in one shot so we can confirm that he can still stop breaths in pre-made apparel.   ;)

To refresh the memories of those of you who read some of my IDC story, Jin Sanada is the "twin bin brother" of Denzel Goth.
Denzel had been the spare husband of my IDC's Gen4 heiress. The cc hair and soul patch make Jin look really different.
This is one of my favorite nerdy shots of Denzel.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Excellent start! I'll be watching your sims...and the Watcher

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Even though it may be a skill grind for you, for us it will be fun to watch. Sim genetics are a fascinating puzzle to me.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
@oshizu

I can't believe I didn't notice it was Denzel! I love him ❤️

anything