Author Topic: Homeless Shelter  (Read 38496 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Homeless Shelter
« on: April 22, 2016, 06:31:44 AM »
Homeless Shelter

Goal
Your Sim has noticed that many of the Sims in Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and even Windenburg have no home. Being kind-hearted your Sim has decided to help these Sims along. He or she will take in 3 Sims at a time with the idea of giving them a skill, a job, and a boost towards their lifetime aspiration.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create one Young Adult.
  • Must choose Friend of the World Aspiration, with Good, Cheerful, and Outgoing traits. Cannot change Aspirations until Friend of the World is finished.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • No moving and no marrying.
  • Your shelter must be a house with at least 4 beds, a bathroom and a kitchen, and skilling equipment as needed.
  • Your shelter must be finished before asking anyone to move in.
  • Your starter Sim can only ask Young Adult, Adult, and Elder Sims currently not living in a home (press M to easily find out) to move into the shelter. Elder Sims that die before your starter Sim turns Elder may be eligible to receive partial scoring credit if they complete certain components (see scoring section).NOTE: Each Sim must be asked to move in separately and only your starter Sim can ask someone to move in. You can't move in an entire household.
  • Your starter Sim will not get a job and will not move out.
  • All Sims in your household can marry, but spouses cannot be moved in.
  • No changing Aspirations for anyone until an Aspiration has been completed.
  • The Connections reward is banned.
  • Homeless Sims must complete 3 things in order to be moved out:
1. Reach level 3 of a unique job**;
2. Max a unique skill**;
3. Finish one Milestone of their Aspiration (you cannot change their starting Aspiration). NOTE: If your homeless Sim has the Leader of the Pack Aspiration, then you can change it to something else since club content is banned.
**A little clarification - Preexisting skill/job levels of a homeless Sim can count towards the above requirements, but both still need to be unique. So, if you move in Sim A with Fitness level 7, then lucky you - you only have 3 more levels to cap the skill. Sim B comes along with Fitness level 8. Now you'll have to have Sim B start from scratch since Fitness was used to get Sim A moved out. Once you have gone though all available skills/jobs with the expansion packs you have chosen to play with, then you begin a second cycle of skills/jobs and keep the second cycle unique.
  • Score is based on how many homeless Sims move out before your starter Sim turns Elder as well as if the remaining homeless Sims in the shelter complete some of their requirements.

Scoring

Moved Out — 5 points for every homeless Sim moved out (fulfills their 3 requirements) before your starting Sim turns Elder.

Remaining — 1 point for each component completed by Sims still in the shelter (skill, job, or Aspiration milestone) when your starting Sim turns Elder.

Make sure to use LenaLJ's Spreadsheet to assist you in calculating your total.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, LenaLJ, Trip, and MarianT) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                                 Moved Out       Remaining       Total
Nutella                            1704174
LenaLJ                            1701171
oshizu                            1155120
reggikko                            1056111
GlazeyLady                            1005105
tjtemple                            85691
Metropolis Man                            85691
Ginj                            70979
Minnie Mouse                            75378
sdhoey                            65368
MissZoef                           65368
mcbalisen                           65368
MarianT                           60767
rokrchik                           60363
Ricalynn                           501161
Eighty8Keys                           55661
Caterina                           55560
sone                           50656
jewels129                           40747
Teresa                           45146
TanGuob                          40343
Highlander                           35641
SIMantics101                           10919

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Homeless Shelter
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 01:49:14 PM »
Do photography and dancing skills count?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 01:59:54 PM »
Do photography and dancing skills count?

Yes, just remember you'd have to go through all your available skills depending on what content you have installed - then you could repeat skills.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 06:04:37 PM »
Are skills unique just among homeless sims, or do you have to prevent your starter sim from maxing skills?

This really looks like fun!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 06:45:49 PM »
Only homeless sims have to be concerned about unique skills.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 07:41:50 AM »
There have been 2 additions to the rules:

Each Sim has to be asked to move in separately. You can't move in an entire household.
If you move in a Sim with the Leader of the Pack aspiration, you are allowed to change the aspiration since club content is not allowed.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 07:54:50 AM »

• Your shelter must be a house with at least 4 beds, a bathroom and a kitchen, and skilling equipment as needed.

Are additional purchases/upgrades permissible once Sims begin moving in?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 08:03:04 AM »

Are additional purchases/upgrades permissible once Sims begin moving in?

Absolutely. We mainly mean 4 walls and a roof, plus beds, bathrooms, etc and some initial skilling gear. It does not mean no changes once you begin. :)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 10:25:13 AM »
He or she will take in 3 Sims at a time

I presume this means <i>up to</i> three Sims at a time. There's no problem with having one or two, if you've not befriended a third, for a while?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 11:31:55 AM »
I presume this means <i>up to</i> three Sims at a time. There's no problem with having one or two, if you've not befriended a third, for a while?

Correct. 

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 01:16:04 AM »
Your starter Sim can only ask Young Adult, Adult, and Elder Sims currently not living in a home (press M to easily find out) to move into the shelter.

How does pressing M allow you to easily find out if the sim is homeless?  I tried it and it took me to Traveling mode, but I didn't see any way to find out if a sim is homeless - other than rolling over all the occupied homes in all neighborhoods and looking for him.  That didn't seem very easy, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something. 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 08:21:05 AM »
Your starter Sim can only ask Young Adult, Adult, and Elder Sims currently not living in a home (press M to easily find out) to move into the shelter.

How does pressing M allow you to easily find out if the sim is homeless?  I tried it and it took me to Traveling mode, but I didn't see any way to find out if a sim is homeless - other than rolling over all the occupied homes in all neighborhoods and looking for him.  That didn't seem very easy, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something. 

That's easier than inviting the sim to move in and finding out at that point. If you already know the households that come with the game (the Goths, Landgraabs, etc.) then all you need to do is look at the ones that have moved in since you started your game.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 02:24:55 PM »

That's easier than inviting the sim to move in and finding out at that point. If you already know the households that come with the game (the Goths, Landgraabs, etc.) then all you need to do is look at the ones that have moved in since you started your game.

Thank you!  Yes, you are right, definitely easier.  Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something else right in front of me that I wasn't seeing - because, well, sometimes that happens.   ;)

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 10:45:58 AM »
And now updated with a spreadsheet to help you all calculate the score, enjoy

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 11:02:23 AM »
Lena, you are awesome - thank you so much :).

anything