Author Topic: Miscellaneous Patterns by Gheez  (Read 9494 times)

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Miscellaneous Patterns by Gheez
« on: March 22, 2011, 10:14:28 PM »
These patterns will all be found under Miscellaneous.  All clipart used is royalty and copyright free.

Love Me Do
A Load of Bull Terrier
Misty Wood
Nautitoille
* Lawn Wreckers

* New pattern added - 12 April 2011

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Re: Miscellaneous Patterns by Gheez
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 10:16:25 PM »
Love Me Do

These little faces made me smile. Hope that they make you smile too and brighten up your teen sims' bedroom or their sleepwear.

The background may be recoloured.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 10:32:55 AM »
I love your patterns, Gheez, they are so whimsical!  Love Me Do just puts a big smile on my face.  My favorites have to be your kitty designs since, as my name suggests, I adore all things feline.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 02:02:32 PM »
Thank you! I absolutely love this pattern! It's awesome. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 03:19:09 PM »
A Load of Bull Terrier

I'm getting a very fifties vibe from this wallpaper.  The background and the squares may be recoloured but the not the bull terriers.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 04:34:21 PM »
Misty Wood

This pattern was inspired by the memory of another pattern.  It is not as exquisite as the original but does use original royalty-free clipart.  The background and each of the three trees is/are fully recolourable.

I played for ages, changing the colours (so easily amused) but include, here, only a sample.   I quite like the almost 3-D effect of choosing a very dark background.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 04:46:19 PM »
Nautitoille

I like the look of Toile fabric, especially bedding and curtains, I like how crisp and fresh it looks and how the blues or reds look against the white or cream backgrounds.  Toile, traditionally shows pastoral scenes but I haven't yet found any copyright images, however I think that the ships, boat and lighthouse work quite well to give the effect of a Toile pattern.  

The background and images have been applied as stencils and are fully recolourable.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: Miscellaneous Patterns by Gheez - New added 24 March
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 12:27:47 AM »
These are wonderful, Gheez! I downloaded them earlier in passing, forgot about them, and got a really pleasant surprise when I opened CAS this morning  ;D. They're amazing on T-Shirts, especially 'Love Me Do'. Keep doing what you're doing, I don't have many custom patterns because I'm picky and I only use the best  ;).

By the way, I've noticed you seem to be positioning the stickers free-hand. Have you tried using the X and Y coordinates to get them perfectly aligned? I could teach you if you want  :). It's a pretty fiddly but you get used to it eventually. Basically you enter a number from 0 to 256 into the Y box for how high up you want a sticker, and a number from 0 to 256 into the X box (heh) how far across you want it. I usually divide it up into halves, quarters, eighths and so on. Like this:

0 - 16 - 32 - 48 - 64  - 80 - 96 - 112 - 128 - 144 - 160 - 176 - 192 - 208 - 224 - 240 - 256

So if I wanted a sticker right in the middle, I'd type "X:128, Y:128". If I wanted it a quarter of the way up and three quarters of the way across, I'd type "X:192, Y:64". The only problem with using coordinates is that not every number goes into 256 pixels, so you can only really place 2, 4 or 8 stickers in a row. Don't feel obliged to use this method though, I know it's a lot of work for a little pattern and I love your stuff anyway. I just wanted to share this trick I'd learned.  :)

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 01:56:40 AM »
Thank you for the compliment, I'm so pleased that you like some of them. 

You're right, I've been positioning free hand - and did notice that I'd misaligned on a couple of patterns - just went a bit clueless about how to work it all out to do it with the co-ordinates (I could suss one axis but not the other, for some reason  ??? & of course, I'd already had help with centring one large square slap bang in the middle) but now you've done it for me, thank you very much.  I'll write your figures and method down and give it a go.  I've found some lovely yellow trucks and diggers that are just crying out to be in a boy's bedroom and driving over their pjs, so this is going to help tremendously.  Thanks again.

Offline CarlaluvsSims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 11:15:17 AM »
More wonderful patterns! I really appreciate the added diversity! Thanks!  ;D

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 08:34:08 AM »
Hey Gheez, I thought you might appreciate this.  :)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 09:21:13 AM »
Hey Gheez, I thought you might appreciate this.  :)

That's cool, Ausette. How'd you get her to do that?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 10:57:44 AM »
You'll need World Adventures. Get someone with a camera in their inventory to "Ask to Pose" to another Sim, then a couple of seconds later make them "Ask to Do This Pose" --> "Cheesy Peace Signs". The guy is doing the pose "Hands on Hips". When you like their poses, you can "moveobjects on" them into position. But this is Gheez's thread, so focus on the cool recoloured patterns, OK?  ;)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 12:09:50 PM »
Thank you! Yeah it was slightly off topic. ;)

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »
Oh wow, Ausette.  Especially liking the gal in the black t-shirt.  Took me a while to realise that it was the Misty Wood pattern. They both look cool, that yellow is great.  Thanks for sharing with me  ;D.