Author Topic: Creative Stories Board and Rule Set Links  (Read 11851 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Creative Stories Board and Rule Set Links
« on: May 17, 2011, 12:50:24 AM »
This board is to host stories that we call Creative Stories and player made challenges that aren't affiliated with the tournament.  The themes for these stories come from members who submit specially detailed rulesets to be used in The Sims 3. In order to have your ruleset added to the list, please submit a PM to Carl, MrsFlynn or Metropolis Man. The purpose of the list is to make it easy for players to find challenges on this board.

When submitting a Project, be sure to write out all the rules as as clearly as possible for other players who may wish to attempt to play under those rules.

Index Member's Challenges:

The All You Can Play Simself Legacy Project By: saltpastillen

Big Brother By: AnnBeiFong

The Household Skills Project By:Hazelnut

The "Where in the World?" Project - Rules By: MissPlumbBob

Self Employment Project Rules By: ratchie

"Short" Dynasty Project By: cndneh

The Random Town Jump Project By: Judewright

Who's Your Daddy? By: CSquared2

Family Empire By: Alexandria

The Old, New, Borrowed, and Blue Project By: Snufflesxx

The Lonely Nerd Project By: folcon

The Orphanage Project By: Schipperke

The Reincarnation Project - Taking Over the World By: samoht04

Restoring Similization By: MarianT

Starving Students Project By: Tilia

College Daze By: MarianT

Regaining Your Wings - A Supernatural EP Project By: Rhapsody2312

I Am an Artiste! By: Krrank

To the Max Project By: VampirePlasma

Survival of the Fittest Rules By: Sportsfan

Strangers in a Sim Land By: MarianT

Five Generations of Bankruptcy By: SimStoryCreator

Sims 3 Prosperity Challenge By: Stargirl22

Updated: By: Staff - Apr.2016

Unstickied all projects that were stickied to give more view-ability to the stories.
Editing Rule Set posts to say Rules: (Said project) So we can tell the difference between the rule set posts, and the stories shared by the members. -- Rulesets were moved to main Stories and Project Board to bring more visibility to the project stories. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: Project Stories Board
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 01:10:03 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post here (please delete if I'm not) but thank you Pam and Metro!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 02:14:18 AM »
You're welcome.  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 03:08:44 AM »
@ Pam - I've been thinking of doing a 'Project' Story, if we make a Project can we post a Story on this Board and iron out some things in it and then submit the rules?

Great Idea as well!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 03:11:55 AM »
So if we submit a project to either you or Metro, will you create a topic that contains exactly our set of rules? Or will we need to do that?
And should we post in this thread when our project thread is up so you can add it to the list above?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 03:40:08 AM »
@ Pam - I've been thinking of doing a 'Project' Story, if we make a Project can we post a Story on this Board and iron out some things in it and then submit the rules?

You'll need to submit your idea and rules before writing a story on the Project Stories board, so they need to be already ironed out privately by the author.

So if we submit a project to either you or Metro, will you create a topic that contains exactly our set of rules? Or will we need to do that?
And should we post in this thread when our project thread is up so you can add it to the list above?

I think the authors should be the ones to start the topic once the Project has been approved.  Let us know via private message when you have them posted and one of us will add the link to the first post of this thread.  Then the actual stories will be individual topics on the Projects Stories board.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 09:20:45 AM »
If I was going to write a story showcasing my brand new idea, I would probably start a story in the Misc Story Thread. Then, when I've ironed out all the rules through playing the game, I would submit them to Pam or Metro via PM including a link to where the rules are located in my story. If my rules got approved, it's easy enough (it seems) for Pam or Metro to move my story from the Misc Stories thread to the Project Stories Board.

Does that sound about right, Pam?
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 01:53:07 AM »
If I was going to write a story showcasing my brand new idea, I would probably start a story in the Misc Story Thread. Then, when I've ironed out all the rules through playing the game, I would submit them to Pam or Metro via PM including a link to where the rules are located in my story. If my rules got approved, it's easy enough (it seems) for Pam or Metro to move my story from the Misc Stories thread to the Project Stories Board.

Does that sound about right, Pam?

Close, but not exactly.  I think the rules of a Project should be in a separate sticky thread.  Also, I'm unsure about moving a story from the Miscellaneous board to the Project board because when the story started out, it wasn't a Project story because the rules had not been finalized and approved.  Would it cause possible confusion for readers to read a story that was used to iron out the details of a Project?  Is it necessary to write the story before the rules are ready?  Can't the author put together the rules privately before writing any story?

Metro, do you have any thoughts about this?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 01:58:08 AM »
So, if you gave me permission to create the "Artist's Project: Skills can't help you here" project, for example, I would make a topic titled "Artist's Project: Skills can't help you here RULES", and a moderator would sticky it (since I don't believe non-moderators can sticky topics)?
Also, wouldn't it be better to create a master thread with the rules of different projects in it? Since a lot of stickied topics would mean there would be a few pages on the board that are nothing but stickies?
Just throwing some ideas out there.

EDIT: If you do create a master thread, would you need to say how to find a particular ruleset (Ctrl+F, type the name of the project into the search box that appears)?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 02:19:49 AM »
@ Pam, I thought it might make it easier for people to understand how the challenge works/should run and an example of how you did it?

thesweetestpea

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 03:15:05 AM »
Also, I'm unsure about moving a story from the Miscellaneous board to the Project board because when the story started out, it wasn't a Project story because the rules had not been finalized and approved.  Would it cause possible confusion for readers to read a story that was used to iron out the details of a Project?  Is it necessary to write the story before the rules are ready?  Can't the author put together the rules privately before writing any story?

I would say that being able to play-test while writing a story and being able to see an example as someone planning to take up a project would probably help. It would also get people in if there's a thread that they can follow as the rules are being ironed out. I have a project idea in mind and will definitely be play-testing it before I submit it.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 03:23:17 AM »
Also, would Legacy/Dynasty type challenges/projects fit under the Project board, or would we need to post them on a private site?

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 06:24:45 AM »
What I think Pam is suggesting is to iron out the rules prior to coming here with it. You could have a "test" game, but not a story for it. Then, once you figured it out, you could then make another game using your ironed-out rules, usbmit the rules to Pam or Metro, and go on from there.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 08:00:41 AM »
Close, but not exactly.  I think the rules of a Project should be in a separate sticky thread.  Also, I'm unsure about moving a story from the Miscellaneous board to the Project board because when the story started out, it wasn't a Project story because the rules had not been finalized and approved.  Would it cause possible confusion for readers to read a story that was used to iron out the details of a Project?  Is it necessary to write the story before the rules are ready?  Can't the author put together the rules privately before writing any story?

Yes, what I envisioned was a single Sticky with an alphabetical listing of hyperlinks right to each Project thread within the board — not a bunch of individual Stickies if that makes sense. Rule sets for everyone's projects would then need to be clearly posted in the first post of the thread.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »
So I have an idea for a Challenge/Project to help myself explore the WA side of the game, I submit my rules/goals to Pam/Metro to check over first and then post the rules set and inform Pam/Metro of the posting, then in a new thread I start my Story?

Is that right?