Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 225415 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #450 on: August 14, 2011, 07:50:23 AM »
Hehe, you're welcome Metro, always here. :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #451 on: August 14, 2011, 11:34:57 AM »
Awesome! So now we can add those buildings in both this challenge and the immortal one? I enjoy the Town Life Buildings so much. :)

Members with at least 5 posts do not see ads on this Forum.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Down the Rabbit Hole Sims
« Reply #452 on: August 14, 2011, 12:05:17 PM »
Well said. Done.

--------

EDIT: WOW! I don't get excited very often but Chronic you made my day.

• Barnacle Bay players can use Edit Town features to place a Salon, Firehouse, Consignment Store, and Junkyard.

I just was able to completely eliminate that rule with your suggestion. Simpler is always better. Now to hop over to the Immortal Dynasty ruleset.

This just made my day.  I am waiting to start my next attempt at this challenge until Hidden Springs is released (in less than 2 weeks).  Being able to place any of the EA provided lots is a wonderful idea. 

To build on this, is it possible to place EA provided bin families in the world?  This would only be for the few families from EA, not for any other custom downloaded families.  If not that's okay, but since they are provided by EA it would be the same as playing EA households that are already in the world. They would only be able to be placed in empty houses that they could afford, no freerealestate to put them in expensive houses, etc.  ;D  ::)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #453 on: August 14, 2011, 03:12:23 PM »
This just made my day.  I am waiting to start my next attempt at this challenge until Hidden Springs is released (in less than 2 weeks).  Being able to place any of the EA provided lots is a wonderful idea.  

To build on this, is it possible to place EA provided bin families in the world?

Well, that would make sense, but for now let's not. There should be plenty of options for players to choose from without opening that up. I'm honestly not disagreeing with the concept, Teresa. I'm just keeping things simpler for now.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Down the Rabbit Hole Sims
« Reply #454 on: August 14, 2011, 03:16:42 PM »
Well, that would make sense, but for not let's not. There should be plenty of options for players to choose from without opening that up. I'm honestly not disagreeing with the concept, Teresa. I'm just keeping things simpler for now.
Simple is good, just had to ask though.  ;D

jcalandra

« Reply #455 on: August 15, 2011, 01:20:11 PM »
Left unanswered:

2.  I noticed that Tourists are listed as NPCs, but not Explorers.  Unless this is implied, Explorers should probably be listed as well to save future Simmers from confusion in this regard, because they seem to be two different types of NPCs though I'm not quite sure what the difference between the two is exactly.

3.  Can heirs marry townies from travelling destinations, given that they are not NPCs?

Offline ratchie

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #456 on: August 15, 2011, 01:59:16 PM »
I would think that heirs would be unable to marry Sims from other countries as the heir has to move into a townie house.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #457 on: August 15, 2011, 03:32:50 PM »
Left unanswered:

2.  I noticed that Tourists are listed as NPCs, but not Explorers.  Unless this is implied, Explorers should probably be listed as well to save future Simmers from confusion in this regard, because they seem to be two different types of NPCs though I'm not quite sure what the difference between the two is exactly.

That makes sense.

3.  Can heirs marry townies from travelling destinations, given that they are not NPCs?

Rachel is right. That's not going to work because you typically move into a potential spouse's house.

Offline IflanaNifi

• Townie
« Reply #458 on: August 16, 2011, 08:37:04 AM »
Quick question! Looked for an answer, but couldn't find one and since I'm a newer Late Night player I may have missed it in the Immortal Dynasty thread.

As far as the Ops go do the celebrity Ops count? They're so frequent that I assume not, but I want to be sure.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #459 on: August 16, 2011, 08:45:07 AM »
Quick question! Looked for an answer, but couldn't find one and since I'm a newer Late Night player I may have missed it in the Immortal Dynasty thread.

As far as the Ops go do the celebrity Ops count? They're so frequent that I assume not, but I want to be sure.

I believe so, as they do in Immortal Dynasties. Just be sure to not have two heirs complete the same one or you're doomed, lol.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #460 on: August 16, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »
Celeb opportunity do count but like Chronic said make sure you write them down and don't let any of your other heirs do them. If it were me I would only use celeb opportunities for an heir that works in the film industry or has the LTW of lifestyle of the rich and famous.

Rachel

Offline IflanaNifi

• Townie
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
Yeah I think I'm just going to avoid them unless I'm desperate for an opportunity. Thank you!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #462 on: August 19, 2011, 04:00:17 PM »
Just wanted to check on something before I did anything that ruined my attempt. Are there any restrictions on Mid-Life Crisis? I Control+F'ed each page of this thread and I didn't see anything specific.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #463 on: August 19, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »
I just checked the rules, cause I know that's banned for the Immortals in the Immortal Dynasty, but:
"5. You’re free to choose any traits and use Lifetime Happiness Rewards to change traits and Lifetime Wishes"
So it's not banned here.  ;D

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #464 on: August 19, 2011, 04:18:22 PM »
Thanks, Esther. I feel silly for having overlooked it, but that was because I was skimming the rules for Mid-Life Crisis. Oops!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #465 on: August 19, 2011, 04:47:57 PM »
You're welcome! Don't feel silly, everyone overlooks something!  :D

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #466 on: August 19, 2011, 05:59:15 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem with aging in their decadynasty. My family are aging properly but I have an awful lot of townies still alive that shouldn't be. For instance Sims still alive and kicking include Emma Hatch,Thornton Wolff,Cyclon,Stiles Magraw,Leighton Sekemoto,Pauline Wan,Blair Wainwright etc etc. They all look like they are still in the young adult stage.

The problem of course if nobody gets older my heir won't be able to meet any new friends or new NPCS any suggestions people.

Rachel

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #467 on: August 19, 2011, 06:14:14 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem with aging in their decadynasty. My family are aging properly but I have an awful lot of townies still alive that shouldn't be. For instance Sims still alive and kicking include Emma Hatch,Thornton Wolff,Cyclon,Stiles Magraw,Leighton Sekemoto,Pauline Wan,Blair Wainwright etc etc. They all look like they are still in the young adult stage.

The problem of course if nobody gets older my heir won't be able to meet any new friends or new NPCS any suggestions people.

Rachel

I believe Rica had something alike Rachel. I call it the DecaDynasty bug now.

Offline Seabody

• CAS Contest Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Run you clever boy and remember
« Reply #468 on: August 19, 2011, 07:55:34 PM »

I've seen that in my Immortal Dynasty (I think). I just recently got the notification MaryKay Shallow was about to die.
The forum rules are like a towel; don't forget them.

Mods 'n' Things

The integral sec y dy from 0 to 1/6 of pi is log to base e of the square root of three times the sixty fourth power of i.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #469 on: August 19, 2011, 08:09:14 PM »
I think I may have to restart my dynasty. I have been playing for awhile this evening and noticed that people were aging,it seemed to be taking longer then usual but they were aging. So I decided that I might be able to work round the problem then right in front of my eyes my current heir,Briar's,age reset. She was two days from elder one minute the next she is right back to the beginning of adulthood. She hadn't done anything to reset her age.
So if my own family is messed up I just don't think I can work around this problem.

Rachel

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #470 on: August 19, 2011, 08:16:15 PM »
Sorry to hear that Rachel. :'(

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #471 on: August 19, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »
Thank you Esther,luckily I am only on generation two so it is best to stop now rather then later. I will complete a decadynasty.

Rachel

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #472 on: August 19, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »
Thank you Esther,luckily I am only on generation two so it is best to stop now rather then later. I will complete a decadynasty.

Rachel
That's the spirit!
Then again, we sure wouldn't be true simmers if we gave up after try #1. What would we do with our lives?!?

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #473 on: August 19, 2011, 10:49:58 PM »
That's the spirit!
Then again, we sure wouldn't be true simmers if we gave up after try #1. What would we do with our lives?!?
Very very true. I'm on #5 of my Dynasty.  ::)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #474 on: August 20, 2011, 02:51:07 AM »
Very very true. I'm on #5 of my Dynasty.  ::)

She means Immortal Dynasty, not Townie DecaDynasty.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."