Author Topic: Let's Build a House! 1  (Read 88661 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Let's Build a House! 1
« on: July 29, 2011, 11:00:08 PM »
Let's build a house!
I received permission from Carl to do this, so let's get started!
What we are going to do is build a community house one room at a time. The house will be a three bedroom, two and a half bathroom house. Other than that, the only limit is the room that you sign up for!
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to put a restriction on the content you are allowed to use.

The Let's Build a House! House - view photos and download here!! [Final Build]
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,8118.0.html

RULES:
1. You may only use Vanilla Sims 3 content (No Store Content, no Expansion Pack Content, no Stuff Pack Content) to ensure that no objects are changed during the upload/download stage.
2. Under no circumstances are you allowed to use Custom Content. Any member who is found to be putting Custom Content in this house will be immediately reported to a Moderator or Administrator.
3. Please be respectful in commenting on people's rooms. You may not, under any circumstances, insult their part of the house. Simple things like "I think blue and green would've been better" are okay, but things like "I HATE it. It looks like someone spewed in the room" are NOT allowed.
4. Please only build the room you signed up for.
5. Please do not change people's rooms without their permission. If you would like to alter a room slightly, ask the builder first. Outline any and all changes you wish to do - the builder can then tell you what they are comfortable with.
6. We will be working down the list of rooms - for instance, I will build the kitchen first, then whoever signs up to do the Foyer will download my house and build the Foyer.
7. We will be building in Sunset Valley, on 15 Summerhill Court (The Legacy Lot).
8. All Forum Rules apply.
9. When your build is done, upload it into this thread. PM me, and I will update this post with the URL of your upload.
10. The following is a list of allowed cheats:
        MoveObjects on|off
        Constrainfloorelevation False|True
11. You may use custom patterns and recolors from the Swap Shop. Be aware that patterns do not always transfer well.       
12. You are permitted two weeks to build your room. This time is in the NEW ZEALAND time zone, and will begin once I send you a PM stating that you may begin. If you take longer than this, the room will be passed on to another person
13. It is highly recommended that you uninstall all of your modifications (mods) that you have in game before downloading the house.
14. If you are not participating in this project, you may download the house at any stage - but please do not alter it and upload it either here or the Swap Shop. The Final Product will be placed, by myself, into the Swap Shop, ready to be downloaded.

FIRST FLOOR
Member          Room          Uploaded         
SeabodyKitchenHere
Gogowars329FoyerHere
TallStarDining RoomHere
jessiethedogGuest Bedroom/BathroomHere
imaGleekLiving RoomHere
ChoccolateeLibraryHere
SimlishlolBasementHere

SECOND FLOOR (CONTINUING FROM LAST BUILDER)

Member          Room          Uploaded         
fortheloveofcakeMaster Bedroom/BathroomHere
SportsfanChildren's BedroomHere
AnnBeiFongStudyHere
ZapKidSunroomHere
AbrahamCOutside Patio/Half BathroomHere
SeabodyLandscapingHere (Separate Thread)

Backup People
MissPlumbBob (by her wishes, I'm leaving her at the bottom)

It might be a long road, but we can get there!

Last Rule Edit: 1/8/2011

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Let's build a house!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 11:07:41 PM »
Yaay! It's started~!
I know this house will be EPIC! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Choccolatee

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 11:20:03 PM »
Sportsfan PM'ed me about this a while ago and I said that I'd like to if participate in it.

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 11:21:34 PM »
Aw.....
I wanted to participate  :(
Needless to say, the home with definitely turn out perfect  ;)
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Sportsfan

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 11:24:16 PM »
Yaay! It's started~!
I know this house will be EPIC! ;D
I hope so.
Sportsfan PM'ed me about this a while ago and I said that I'd like to if participate in it.
Oops, I got mixed up with what you sent me. I deleted the first one and forgot your response and then I got another thing from you and i thought it sounded like you didn't want to. My bad. Wait an hour, I'll figure something out with Seabody. You'll be in though.

Choccolatee

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 11:27:14 PM »
Oh yays!  :)
Yeah, I definitely wanna be in it.
Thanks!

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 11:29:22 PM »
...Why do I feel so empty inside...
Just kidding  ;D But I would still really, REALLY like to participate. Any spot you could slip me in?   Anywhere at all? (I'm sounding desperate, but it would be pretty cool.)

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 11:31:30 PM »
I'm talking with Sportsfan about Choccolatee's room. Once that's concrete, we'll see if we can fit you in ZapKid.

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 11:32:04 PM »
I'm talking with Sportsfan about Choccolatee's room. Once that's concrete, we'll see if we can fit you in ZapKid.

Thanks!

Sportsfan

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 11:32:36 PM »
I have to wait cause I can't PM for an hour cause I exceeded the limit helping Seabody figure this out.  I'm not sure what room you'll get so it might be a bad room. I think I have an idea, I'll just run it by Seabody first. I'm sorry I messed up.
Aw.....
I wanted to participate  :(
Needless to say, the home with definitely turn out perfect  ;)
Sorry, I just sent a message to some of the first younger members I found (if anybody's wondering, all these members are under 15, which was planned) and it honestly was pretty random.

Choccolatee

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 11:36:25 PM »
It's okay, I'm not in a rush. It's FINALLY the weekend so I'm off to disappear for a few hours to build something.  :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 11:37:40 PM »
Can I just ask how a basement will be built without the basement tool?
Also, if any extra help is needed I'd love to help. As in someone doesn't make their room as they haven't been around to the forum for a while. (I'm under 15 too if that matters)
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 11:38:13 PM »
(I'm under 15 too if that matters)

Just in case, same  :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 11:40:20 PM »

Using the long, old and convoluted method with a foundation, and three stairs. Basically how it was done before WA.

Sportsfan

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 11:41:14 PM »
Also, if any extra help is needed I'd love to help. (I'm under 15 too if that matters)
Seabody will update in a minute. Chocolate, I think you get library.
Zapkid,  youre in, we just have to figure out the room.

Everybody else: I'm sorry guys, but this is the max amount of people we can have. There just aren't enough rooms available and seabody's already started building.

Also, if any extra help is needed I'd love to help. (I'm under 15 too if that matters)
I'm sorry. As I just posted, we are finished with people. Gogo: sorry, I either missed you or your age wasn't on your profile when I was sending out PMs.