Author Topic: Babble Thread  (Read 490603 times)

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
Re: Babble Thread
« Reply #16725 on: March 24, 2012, 04:29:21 AM »
Well, I'm bringing tissues. :P

Haha, I think I will too  ;D I'll probably cry when Clove or someone dies  ::)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • Ravensgate Legacy Official Website
« Reply #16726 on: March 24, 2012, 04:32:34 AM »
Haha, I think I will too  ;D I'll probably cry when Clove or someone dies  ::)

I'll probably laugh at that bit.  :P I've already warned my friends that I may go 'Eww' but laugh at the same time. I don't know why but it's more of a nervous laugh at scenes like that. Besides I'm the only one who has read the books.  ;) From what I have heard there are some nasty bits in there though.

Members with at least 5 posts do not see ads on this Forum.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #16727 on: March 24, 2012, 04:40:03 AM »
I'm also the only one that has read the books in our group of friends. I'm most looking forward to all the scenes with Cinna, and the cave scenes with Peeta and Katniss.!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16728 on: March 24, 2012, 04:46:17 AM »
I'm also the only one that has read the books in our group of friends. I'm most looking forward to all the scenes with Cinna, and the cave scenes with Peeta and Katniss.!

I'm not. I forgot to tell my friends about the whole lovey-stuff. They think the trailer looks awesome though...  ;D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #16729 on: March 24, 2012, 04:51:59 AM »
I'm not. I forgot to tell my friends about the whole lovey-stuff. They think the trailer looks awesome though...  ;D

Haha, just kinda whistle as the love-related stuff comes on and be like 'Yeaa, of course I skipped a few pages in the book.. Totally didn't know this was going to happen..'. :P

I'm putting my Cinna-like gold eyeliner on now! Sadly, it isn't even 9 o'clock here and the film starts at 1, but I like to be prepared! :P

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16730 on: March 24, 2012, 04:54:56 AM »
I see it 30minutes before you!  ;D It should be fun, I'll just say I don't remember them focusing this much on the Love-Stuff in the books. I bet they will in the film. On screen smooches - Joy. AT least I've grown out of the 'Eww, Look away' phase.  ;)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #16731 on: March 24, 2012, 05:01:45 AM »
I see it 30minutes before you!  ;D It should be fun, I'll just say I don't remember them focusing this much on the Love-Stuff in the books. I bet they will in the film. On screen smooches - Joy. AT least I've grown out of the 'Eww, Look away' phase.  ;)

I never even had that phase! I reckon I was born a hopeless romantic..

..Okay, I did pretend to be looking intently at the ceiling whenever a kissing scene came on and my Mum was in the room.. :P

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16732 on: March 24, 2012, 05:04:42 AM »
Okay, I did pretend to be looking intently at the ceiling whenever a kissing scene came on and my Mum was in the room.. :P

Ohmy, Now that is super awkward! Especially when you chose the film and you feel your parents watching you because they wonder what sort of film you picked. They never say 'Warning: Contains Kissing'.  :-X

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Immortal
« Reply #16733 on: March 24, 2012, 05:16:36 AM »
Haha, My parents are like that, they always ask me why I watch stuff like that, and I just answer saying I like the plot.

I read the books for the first time just over two months ago, and so far I have got 5 of my friends to read them  ::) I'm going with my two best friends, but neither of them have read all of the books. I'll probably just oogle at Josh Hutcherson anyway  ;D

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #16734 on: March 24, 2012, 06:30:45 AM »
My boyfriend has read the first book, and is currently reading the second. The first book is sitting nearby, and I may even read it...once I finish the books I'm in the middle of. And we may go see The Hunger Games movie at the drive-in tonight. It's a double feature, playing with One For the Money. I've seen that movie, but I'm looking forward to seeing it again.   :P

Chuckles_82

« Reply #16735 on: March 24, 2012, 06:57:16 AM »
I just had the best news this evening :D I'm going to be an Aunty!!! My younger sister is 7 weeks. I'm pregnant with our 3rd and final, and didn't expect my kids to have cousins close in age, because my sister who's married didn't even seem close to interested. So of course, everyone else is an Aunty/Uncle, because my hubby and I were the only ones with kids, and now WE get to be Aunt and Uncle!!! Yay!!!

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #16736 on: March 24, 2012, 08:16:19 AM »
Great news, Chuckles!  I'm the oldest of the cousins in my family, but we always lived far from the others.  They were always so close, and I'm still jealous!   ;)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #16737 on: March 24, 2012, 09:41:35 AM »
This would not be a movie for a 14 year old would it? I've not read the books and only know very little about the plot. Today, the little sister was invited to go and see it tomorrow with a couple of friends. From what I did know about it, I said no. Made me the meany, but only for a little while!

I think it just depends on the 14 year old really! I seen a couple of like 12 year old there with their parents! I was shocked at that since it was so late and a school night. The movie wasn't over until 3 AM! Here is a site I like to use instead of the rating they give. I think it is much more appropriate. http://www.commonsensemedia.org/ They have already rated the movie along with the books! Which is another thing I like they rate books and other things too not just movies! I hope that helps!

Although you are probably in the movie as I type this but there isn't much with the cave scenes!

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #16738 on: March 24, 2012, 12:11:15 PM »
I just had the best news this evening :D I'm going to be an Aunty!!! My younger sister is 7 weeks. I'm pregnant with our 3rd and final, and didn't expect my kids to have cousins close in age, because my sister who's married didn't even seem close to interested. So of course, everyone else is an Aunty/Uncle, because my hubby and I were the only ones with kids, and now WE get to be Aunt and Uncle!!! Yay!!!

Hooray Chuckles! Hope you enjoy the experience with one, my family has to deal with 15 nieces and nephews, haha. Including me.  :D

Whoa, THG has flooded.overnight!

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Immortal
« Reply #16739 on: March 24, 2012, 01:07:10 PM »
Oh.My.Gosh. The Hunger Games was so good! I was dying to go to the toilet the whole time, but I couldn't bring myself to go, it was that good! Rue's death made me cry buckets.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #16740 on: March 24, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »
Congratulations Chuckles! Now your future nooboo will have a peer cousin! I'm a bit jealous. I didn't have peer cousins until my uncle lived with us for a bit. They are step cousins technically, but still my cousins.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #16741 on: March 24, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »
The Hunger Games was far better than I expected! I'm so impressed with it, it's the book exactly, they didn't leave anything important out at all. Ahh! It was amazing!! I cried so, so much. The two friends I was with had never read the books before but they were both absolutely stunned. I reccomend it to anyone, at all. And bytheway, it wasn't that gory at all in my opinion, though they managed to convey the emotions that go with the deaths just as well as the book did.

Offline ratchie

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16742 on: March 24, 2012, 02:13:20 PM »
Congratulations Aunty Chuckles. My brothers daughter is three months younger then my daughter and his son is eight weeks younger then my son. When I had my third everyone waited with baited breath to see if my sister in law got pregnant too,but she didn't

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Immortal
« Reply #16743 on: March 24, 2012, 02:31:12 PM »
The Hunger Games was far better than I expected! I'm so impressed with it, it's the book exactly, they didn't leave anything important out at all. Ahh! It was amazing!! I cried so, so much. The two friends I was with had never read the books before but they were both absolutely stunned. I reccomend it to anyone, at all. And bytheway, it wasn't that gory at all in my opinion, though they managed to convey the emotions that go with the deaths just as well as the book did.

The only main things that annoyed me is that Peeta didn't lose his leg, and the fact that Madge wasn't in it :/

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16744 on: March 24, 2012, 02:33:24 PM »
If you want my opinion - it was the worst film I have seen in a long time. It was dreadful and I wish I had not gone to see it. The acting was so wooden and faked, there was next to no emotional scenes, it was rushed and badly done. Combine that with no gore at all and I am just so angry. None of my friends have read the books and they said they had no idea what was going on and I have to agree, looking at it from their view it would be impossible to understand. For me it had no charm, no life nearly. It certainly failed in every aspect for me. I mean seriously I was laughing at the part with the Dogs and that was the scariest part. I don't see how anyone liked that film, they missed so much out that just added charm. That and the Film Cinna did not do a very good job with the Girl on Fire.

President Snow didn't fit the character, he wasn't creepy enough. Cinna didn't get enough screen. Haymitch was the best by far - loved him! I think it was a case of making an Actor match a Character. I also didn't like the filming. SO overall I was very disappointed. None of the characters looked like I thought, the arena didn't and nothing did. I must have been reading a different book to what everyone else has been reading. For me it does't deserve all the hype.  :(

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #16745 on: March 24, 2012, 02:42:52 PM »
Wow, I'm really surprised with that, Tom! :o

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #16746 on: March 24, 2012, 02:44:17 PM »
Ooh, and congrats Chuckles! That's brilliant news, I bet you are absolutely thrilled! ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16747 on: March 24, 2012, 02:46:07 PM »
Wow, I'm really surprised with that, Tom! :o

So was I. It doesn't make sense to me either. I knew it would be iffy because of the trailer and Katniss volunteering, something struck out as not being right then. I also never imagined District 12 to be like it was in the film. The citizens of the capitol were done well though - costume wise.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #16748 on: March 24, 2012, 02:49:10 PM »
I'm leaving to see the Hunger Games in just a minute! Tom I'm sorry you didn't like it. :o I've debated bringing tissues, but since i'm going with my parents (ugh!) I figured my dad might look at me weird if I brought tissues in with me! ;D
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16749 on: March 24, 2012, 02:50:38 PM »
Hope you have a better time than I did. :)