Author Topic: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!  (Read 167062 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2012, 02:37:43 PM »
Here's the link to the official forum post from SimGuru Meg:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/548380.page

We will be able to make the new occults plus vampires in CAS. Also, we'll be able to control how many supernatural creatures (including vampires) and celebrities (including paparazzi) are in our towns.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2012, 02:38:04 PM »
yes control over celebrities also she said.  Shes tweeted a lot this morning

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2012, 02:39:49 PM »
we'll be able to control how many supernatural creatures (including vampires) and celebrities (including paparazzi) are in our towns.

Triple, quadruple, multiple hooray!  Now I know this EP will be worthwhile, on the basis of that feature alone.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2012, 02:50:22 PM »
You mean my wish of actually getting Sunset Valley back is finally coming true without anything other than the game?? Hallelujah Hallelujah!  If all this is actually true then I may be more excited about this than I've ever been about another game before.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2012, 02:57:17 PM »
That feature had better be added in the patch, because I probably won't be getting this pack. So excited if this turns out to be true!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2012, 03:08:49 PM »
That feature had better be added in the patch, because I probably won't be getting this pack. So excited if this turns out to be true!

I'm almost certain a feature like that would come in the patch - It had better, anyway!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2012, 03:09:09 PM »
That is a good development, indeed! Control of the occult and celebrities? Yes, please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2012, 03:12:30 PM »
Personally, I like celebrities, occolt creatures and vampires, taking over my game, because it balances out the realism. Not having those in my game makes it too realistic. Yes, Sims is a life simulator, but I don't think things should be 100% in tune to real life.

I think the KPST could easily work with this EP because KPST is kind of that frivolous fantasy niche that's attracted me to Sims for years.

In other words, I'm very excited to create occolt creatures. I remember when I first played TS3, I was like "wait, I was able to do this when I played TS2 with my cousins on the console..." and now it's finally coming true. I've played normal colored Sims, and I like having Sims with unnatural colored skin, because the towns always have to have some unrealistic elements, which is what attracted me to Hidden Springs and Bridgeport. Sunset Valley was always a bit overrated and too realistic for my liking.

That is a good development, indeed! Control of the occult and celebrities? Yes, please!

There are already mods out there that do this sort of thing. But it's good EA provides it for us instead, especially for those that like to keep their games clean.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »
The option to have occults overtake your town isn't going away, Jeana. Not everyone likes to use mods, and especially with things like dynasties where it gets annoying to have a town run with vamps when you can't move any of them in and you can't use mods. It's great that EA have finally done something that should have been done ages ago, rather than relying on unpaid modders to do it instead?

I'm wondering about the Fortune Teller career.. It would sound as if they'd have a crystal ball, but there is already one of those in the store.. Same thing with witches and cauldrons. I wonder what'll happen with those then?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2012, 03:35:15 PM »
YES. I'm a little tired of having to use MasterController just to ensure that my characters that are meant to be occults are occults. Now I wonder what Twallan will do with that feature.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2012, 03:47:47 PM »
The option to have occults overtake your town isn't going away, Jeana. Not everyone likes to use mods, and especially with things like dynasties where it gets annoying to have a town run with vamps when you can't move any of them in and you can't use mods. It's great that EA have finally done something that should have been done ages ago, rather than relying on unpaid modders to do it instead?

LOL that's what I said! The "clean game" statement was referring to people that prefer not to use third party add ons forum member, or not.

YES. I'm a little tired of having to use MasterController just to ensure that my characters that are meant to be occults are occults. Now I wonder what Twallan will do with that feature.

I love MasterController, but I was a bit gypped when the GEN patch gave us Edit in CAS option. But I couldn't live without it because it gives me that extra control. It wasn't just that, I like using it to turn my Premade Sims into IF's, Simbots and such.

EDIT: Do you think will get a special preorder deal? Like "preorder and get a free stuff pack?" Maybe I'll have my complete collection (a first for me with the Sims Series! :o)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2012, 03:55:54 PM »
LOL that's what I said! The "clean game" statement was referring to people that prefer not to use third party add ons forum member, or not.

I love MasterController, but I was a bit gypped when the GEN patch gave us Edit in CAS option. But I couldn't live without it because it gives me that extra control. It wasn't just that, I like using it to turn my Premade Sims into IF's, Simbots and such.

I was responding to the last part of your post when you said that the cleansing-of-occults feature was already available with a mod. In fact, that response also applies with this message here because you mentioned the Edit in CAS thing, I don't know but I am a mod user and I'd pick having features come with the game than having to install a mod to get them any day. I don't feel gypped by these things coming in with a patch at all was all I was saying. :)

Offline Simboy134

• Scientist
  • Townie
  • Insert Witty Comment Here
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2012, 04:20:08 PM »
Here's the link to the official forum post from SimGuru Meg:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/548380.page

We will be able to make the new occults plus vampires in CAS. Also, we'll be able to control how many supernatural creatures (including vampires) and celebrities (including paparazzi) are in our towns.

Finally my dream has come true
" With great power, comes great responsibility"

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2012, 04:27:07 PM »
Oh I do love it when they listen to us about what really matters! I find the things like this make me happier than when they add content I want - if you know what I mean.  ;) I still like new content but improving older bits makes that content seem refreshed to me.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2012, 04:28:58 PM »
Hey you never know.  They might even bring us back wedding gifts!  I love all the possible new content but like anything else I'm trying to let the good thoughts overweigh the bad ones like how much is going to break from this patch and expansion.   Does this mean I should rush to the finish for my dynasty?  That kind of thing.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'