Author Topic: Millionaire Mansion: Castle Costalot (because it cost a lot)  (Read 45459 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Millionaire Mansion: Castle Costalot (because it cost a lot)
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2012, 09:38:06 AM »
It's in the description of my first post. :)

Oops, that's what I get for not reading the whole thread.  Sorry!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
  • Pool noodles are awesome!
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2012, 02:34:33 PM »
Wow.....That's amazing how did make it in just a month? I would definatly want to live there!
I love rain!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »
Hey Leto, I thought you might like to know that Max Skills really likes it there. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Leto85

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2012, 07:35:38 PM »
Hey Leto, I thought you might like to know that Max Skills really likes it there. :)

Hahaha, the perfect butler for the biggest house. :P
If you have YouTube, would you make a vid about it one day? Doesn't have to be any fancy edited as that takes up a lot of time, but I would like to see you playing this.

@SeaUnicorn. The building part wasn't that hard at all. It was more defining rooms and placing the furniture that took up the most time. When I finally agreed with myself that the horses need to live seperately from the other parts of the garden and the horse run area runs around the house while staying within the walls I practically had the layout finished in my head. :)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2012, 08:38:16 PM »
Hahaha, the perfect butler for the biggest house. :P
If you have YouTube, would you make a vid about it one day? Doesn't have to be any fancy edited as that takes up a lot of time, but I would like to see you playing this.

I don't know,I've never tried to make a video much less upload on to YouTube.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2012, 08:44:40 PM »
Leto, you seem to make it a habit of making amazing things from relatively simple ideas. First Max Skills, the butler who can do everything, and now this mansion, which has everything that can be done! I don't know how you can have such devotion to this. Great job, Leto.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2012, 11:43:27 PM »
I think, that this could be the most amazing house that ever was or ever will be built in sims history, that goes for sims 2 and 1 and if they ever make a sims 4!  That's how much I love it!  I would download it, but I don't have a lot big enough for it and I think my sims would get lost in it! Hehe.  Also my computer doesn't exactly run sims very good as it is, I think my computer would blow up as soon as I downloaded this house!  If I practiced building for about 60 years, and then somehow lived to take another 60 years building it, I don't think I would be able to build a house that even comes close to this one.  Just, wow.  When I first saw your post, I thought the first post was the end of it.  But no!  I meet several more because just one can't even do the house justice! Lol.  No matter how much I ever try to build a house even close to this, I'll never succeed!  Leto, I think that you might be one of the best sim house builders on the planet!   Sorry for the long post!  Hehe, this house just baffled me beyond words, so, to get the description and praise in better, I naturally used alot of words.
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2012, 04:37:09 AM »
Thank you both Audren and Cocoo girl for the nice words. :)
I'm glad the house got appreciated.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2012, 08:55:16 AM »
The castle is beautiful, so opulent in decor. Although the outer walls feel kinda blocky, like out of place. Still, great job.

Leto85

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2012, 12:38:08 PM »
The castle is beautiful, so opulent in decor. Although the outer walls feel kinda blocky, like out of place. Still, great job.

If you with outer walls litterly the wall around the building means, the only part not placed on a foundation than I think I know what you mean.
In my game the windows in that outer wall are misplaced and seems to melt somewhere between the second and third floor. My theory is that the game has a difficulty separating multiple floors if some are build on a foundation and some are not.
A theory that in fact is based on completely nothing but thoughts.
Anyway; feel free to post a picture here about how things look out of place in your game. Perhaps there is some kind of help I or someone else will have to offer.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »
Beautiful Castle. Wish I could build huge things like this :D.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Leto85

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2012, 02:17:09 PM »
Beautiful Castle. Wish I could build huge things like this :D.

I could teach you, if you like. Or at least help you on your way.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Millionaire Mansion: Castle Costalot (because it cost a lot)
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »
I could teach you, if you like. Or at least help you on your way.

It would be great to have a "how to" on that. I bought the store item, castle exterior, and I don't have the first idea of what to do with it...LOL

Leto85

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2012, 05:13:47 PM »
It would be great to have a "how to" on that. I bought the store item, castle exterior, and I don't have the first idea of what to do with it...LOL

Well, I was considering making a separate topic about it: How to build a extra large castle or something. But I can start here and see if I feel the need to split this topic later on.
Thing is: I can't tell you how to do it, just how I did it and what works for me.

In short; I build from macro to micro. Meaning that I first only focus on the bigger picture, placing all the walls, devising spaces and test out connections between rooms.
It is important that you have at least in your mind how many sims and animals will live in the building. In my case I wanted everyone in it so that means sims, occult or not, cats, dogs, small reptiles fishes and mammals and most importantly: horses.
If you want to include horses you better know that from the start of as horses need a lot of space. If you take a look at the mansion I've build you can see that over 50% of the ground floor is horses area.
I needed horses to be able to run, train, live but without interfering patting issues with sims while both freely could leave the area but without letting in the paparazi.
So if you want horses you should be aware of all these things.
Eventually I came up with a large wall surrounding the whole area which made it possible for horses to run around the house, litterly, yet in a closed an secured area.
When that's done I could focus on the house itself, the dividing of areas, choosing what areas are for what while making sure all sims have easy access to rooms that fulfill their basic needs.
Also there are plenty of beds on the fourth floor for foreign visitors to sleep as you can invite them if you have World Adventures installed. You can invite 8 guests from another country so I needed 8 bedrooms all with their own bathroom, to avoid them to use yours. Because they will.
In my case I made a big decision in dividing rooms not only based on function but most of all based on skill.
What you can learn in the kitchen and in the private gym should be obvious but in fact the whole multi-leveled Party Area is actually an almost complete room to train all of your hidden skills, with exaptions of the trampling, hotscotch and other outdoor activities.
Later on I decided to place the trampling indoors still though.

And when the space definition of where to put your animals and where to put your sims was decided and connecting skill and need based room at the right way together I could go into detail and did some internal architecture.
This was based on rules of course: all rooms must be properly lighted, all the right activities must in first and all rooms must be upgraded to give a sim the Nicely Decorated mootlet. If a room with light and activities didn't provide that on it's own than art must be added.
So I mostly worked on one big room at a day, sometimes two and eventually I came up with what you all see here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Millionaire Mansion: Castle Costalot (because it cost a lot)
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »
Thank you! I'm going to try to build a castle (smaller than yours) as soon as I get my game reinstalled, again, and get my legacy finished.