Author Topic: Millionaire Mansion: Castle Costalot (because it cost a lot)  (Read 45452 times)

Leto85

Re: Millionaire Mansion: Castle Costalot (because it cost a lot)
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2012, 12:25:17 PM »
You say done, but I don't see the change...?

You don't? That's weird because I do. There's that little dot between the 2 and the 7. You still not see it?

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2012, 12:48:46 PM »
Do you mean here? :

Price:       $2704.530 (furnished)
                $ 820.353 (unfurnished)
Bills:        $29.870
(your first post)

'cause for me it's not there...  ???
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2012, 01:07:38 PM »
Do you mean here? :
(your first post)

'cause for me it's not there...  ???

Oooow, now I get it! I was talking about my signature (because I had it changed there yesterday) but you where talking about my post. No, it's fixt now. :)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2012, 02:17:51 PM »
How much of this would I be missing if I didn't have Pets, Late Night, Outdoor Living, and Town Life?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Leto85

« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2012, 03:37:26 PM »
How much of this would I be missing if I didn't have Pets, Late Night, Outdoor Living, and Town Life?

Hm, good question. Well, the pet room would be entirely empty, the horses facility outdoors as well, you will miss some things in the Hidden Skills room, aka disco, and from outdoor living isn't much placed. Town Life I don't have. Same count for Katy Perry Stuff Pack and Diesel.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2012, 04:08:44 PM »
Hm, good question. Well, the pet room would be entirely empty, the horses facility outdoors as well, you will miss some things in the Hidden Skills room, aka disco, and from outdoor living isn't much placed. Town Life I don't have. Same count for Kay Perry Stuff Pack and Diesel.

It lists Town Life as one of the ones used though  :o

Is much of the other furniture in this place from any of those I listed (I want to know exactly how much is changed, so I can admire its splendor while knowing how much is changed :P
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Leto85

« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2012, 05:51:29 PM »
It lists Town Life as one of the ones used though  :o

It does? Well, than I have to change that as it must be a mistake.

Is much of the other furniture in this place from any of those I listed (I want to know exactly how much is changed, so I can admire its splendor while knowing how much is changed :P

Well, some items will be replaced with items you have. I have placed some Store items, for example: Premium Content items.
They will be replaced if you don't have them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2012, 03:05:24 PM »
Oooow, now I get it! I was talking about my signature (because I had it changed there yesterday) but you where talking about my post. No, it's fixt now. :)

Aha! Now we're on the same page :D
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline NattyTheWildCat

• Nooboo
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2012, 04:46:17 AM »
I have the feeling that if I download this it will make my gam lag terribly just cause it's HUGE!!! I so want it though and will download if there is no CC... Is there any? Because I don't wanna clog my game with CC.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2012, 05:22:36 AM »
Natty, we have a rule of no CC in the houses and lots that are shared here, so no, there is no CC in it.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline NattyTheWildCat

• Nooboo
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2012, 05:38:43 AM »
Wow that's awesome thank you! I will defnitely download and see if it doesn't lag my game, I'll be happy to play in it :D Thanks for the quick reply also. Will recommend the site for having no CC :)

Leto85

« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2012, 05:53:49 AM »
Wow that's awesome thank you! I will defnitely download and see if it doesn't lag my game, I'll be happy to play in it :D Thanks for the quick reply also. Will recommend the site for having no CC :)

Yes, I can confirm that: Absolutely no CC included.
And welcome to the forum btw. I feel proud that your first two posts are both in this topic. :)

Offline 7S1MZ

• Nooboo
  • Ready when you are, Sergeant Pembry.
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2012, 07:02:45 AM »
Now all I need is a super rich sim to move in lol. Just never have managed a rich sim family yet. Usually like to keep them poor and work for it. Nice build. Would try it out in build/buy but know my laptop would blow a fuse :)

Offline uya128

• Nooboo
  • i'm photographer
    • uyalie photography
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2013, 12:57:29 AM »
Wow, huge, very huge.... amazing

Offline cittigirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2013, 03:23:18 PM »
Well, I was considering making a separate topic about it: How to build a extra large castle or something. But I can start here and see if I feel the need to split this topic later on.
Thing is: I can't tell you how to do it, just how I did it and what works for me.

In short; I build from macro to micro. Meaning that I first only focus on the bigger picture, placing all the walls, devising spaces and test out connections between rooms.
It is important that you have at least in your mind how many sims and animals will live in the building. In my case I wanted everyone in it so that means sims, occult or not, cats, dogs, small reptiles fishes and mammals and most importantly: horses.
If you want to include horses you better know that from the start of as horses need a lot of space. If you take a look at the mansion I've build you can see that over 50% of the ground floor is horses area.
I needed horses to be able to run, train, live but without interfering patting issues with sims while both freely could leave the area but without letting in the paparazi.
So if you want horses you should be aware of all these things.
Eventually I came up with a large wall surrounding the whole area which made it possible for horses to run around the house, litterly, yet in a closed an secured area.
When that's done I could focus on the house itself, the dividing of areas, choosing what areas are for what while making sure all sims have easy access to rooms that fulfill their basic needs.
Also there are plenty of beds on the fourth floor for foreign visitors to sleep as you can invite them if you have World Adventures installed. You can invite 8 guests from another country so I needed 8 bedrooms all with their own bathroom, to avoid them to use yours. Because they will.
In my case I made a big decision in dividing rooms not only based on function but most of all based on skill.
What you can learn in the kitchen and in the private gym should be obvious but in fact the whole multi-leveled Party Area is actually an almost complete room to train all of your hidden skills, with exaptions of the trampling, hotscotch and other outdoor activities.
Later on I decided to place the trampling indoors still though.

And when the space definition of where to put your animals and where to put your sims was decided and connecting skill and need based room at the right way together I could go into detail and did some internal architecture.
This was based on rules of course: all rooms must be properly lighted, all the right activities must in first and all rooms must be upgraded to give a sim the Nicely Decorated mootlet. If a room with light and activities didn't provide that on it's own than art must be added.
So I mostly worked on one big room at a day, sometimes two and eventually I came up with what you all see here.

I'm not sure if you'll see this or not, but I've swapped houses with Superstar Sim so living in the Millionaire's Mansion with my horse.  When I first moved in, I had to use the move objects cheat to get my horse in the backyard - I placed it in the pen.  He was able to get out, but now he can't get back in.  I noticed when I go into build mode, if I click on the pen inside the structure, it turns red - the octagon seems not to be large enough to allow for a path for the horse.  I thought maybe something had already been posted about it, but I have tried searching and found nothing.  So I am sorry if this has been asked/answered!  I tried moving the walls, but I can't.  Looks like I'd need to rebuild it, but I'm newer to the game so I hope that's not the case!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Cari

anything