Author Topic: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (COMPLETED)  (Read 175041 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (July 27)
« Reply #375 on: July 27, 2013, 07:44:18 PM »
About the diving -- they live in Lucky Palms, so the mermaids can't dive. I have Leanne swim or snorkel (using the shower doesn't fill up the need all the way), both of which increase the athletic skill (she swims to where she starts to snorkel). It's not much, but a little can add up over time, and Sedna has to go her entire life without maxing athletics.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #376 on: July 28, 2013, 03:34:37 AM »
About the diving -- they live in Lucky Palms, so the mermaids can't dive. I have Leanne swim or snorkel (using the shower doesn't fill up the need all the way), both of which increase the athletic skill (she swims to where she starts to snorkel). It's not much, but a little can add up over time, and Sedna has to go her entire life without maxing athletics.

That could get very tricky - especially if you'd ended up with a whole line of mermaids.  It's probably just as well Sedna's a witch.  I like her seasidey room, by the way.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #377 on: July 28, 2013, 04:08:43 AM »
Great updates, I feel almost sad watching Woden get old, he was so handsome, I'm sure he still is but that long hair and gnome hat didn't really help  ;D

And an evil mermaid that was a surpise, personally I love the evil trait and usually it depends on what others they have with it as to how bad they are, and schmoozer is a good one to have which is probably why Woden never noticed.

Glad Sedna is a witch, sounds like being a mermaid would be a real hassle.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #378 on: July 28, 2013, 07:19:48 AM »
An evil mermaid could be fun to play in Isla Paradiso -- summoning the kraken and schmoozing divers until they run out of air.
Leanne occasionally does the mwa-ha-ha laugh, but I've never been able to catch her on camera. And stealing candy from her own baby was definitely her idea.

As for Woden's elder outfit -- sometimes the game gives you something so awful that you have to share it with others.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #379 on: August 07, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »
Chapter Fourteen – Sunset and Toddler Pictures

Dear Great-Aunt Mercy,

I don’t have much news, but I do have lots of pictures. Here’s the dull one first – me shooting footage for our next film. The Studio keeps having me wear strange costumes; I don’t get any respect.

The next picture is of our sunset.

Pretty spectacular, huh? From here on, it’s all toddlers (almost – I forgot I had a picture of Leanne swimming through the ground. Just one reason why Sedna will probably have to leave Lucky Palms when she finishes her requirements.)

And now – no, here’s a picture of me and Valor. He plays distinguished older gentlemen now instead of the romantic lead. I hope Claudia is not too disappointed.

At last – toddlers!

Here’s Sedna eating happily…

…and Sedna throwing a tantrum when we don’t feed her fast enough.

Here’s Sedna playing with her boat…

…and wondering where it disappeared to. (I don’t know either, sweetie, and I’ve been a witch a lot longer than you have.)

Here’s Leanne reading to Sedna.

And here’s Leanne with the youngest Cottoneye, little Verity, another witch.

Here’s Verity having her birthday.

Here’s an uninvited, but not unwelcome, guest.

Here’s Verity in her everyday outfit:

Here she is, learning how to walk in her formal at her big sister’s birthday party.

This is Verity in her pajamas:

And outerwear:

That’s it for toddler pictures, but if you want to see Sedna’s birthday pictures, keep reading.

We invited her Uncle Valor and Aunt Krystal. It’s funny – Valor and Krystal were high school sweethearts, but Leanne and I are the ones who got married.

Here’s Sedna in her new everyday outfit:

Formal:

Pajamas:

Athletic:

Swimsuit:

And outerwear:

Sedna had an uninvited guest show up at her party, too. I think this one is going to stay.

Until next time! Woden

SimBlip

Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (August 7)
« Reply #380 on: August 28, 2013, 05:58:13 PM »
I loved all the pictures. Especially the one where little Sedna wonders where her toy has gone to.
Great updates! And looking forward to see how Verity fits in.
Thank you, Marion.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (August 7)
« Reply #381 on: September 07, 2013, 10:47:22 AM »
Chapter One – How I Spent Leisure Day

Leisure Day dawned about the same time that the moon set. That’s our house in the bottom left corner – it’s not really a houseboat because it can’t move around, but it’s right on the water.

I live there with my mother, who’s a mermaid, and my father, who’s a witch. He’s also a distinguished director and gets to do cool things like audition people for roles in his movies.

He’s been tutoring me, because I’m the seventh generation in our dynasty, and it’s absolutely necessary that I make the honor roll (hint, hint).

I have a little sister, too, named Verity. She likes to play peek-a-boo with me.

I go to school at Brittlebush Academy. It’s a long way from our house to where I catch the bus, so Dad got me a teleporter. He uses it too, for getting to work.

I like to cook, and I make pretty good muffins.

On Leisure Day, I decided to go to the Festival and sell muffins.

After a while, I got bored just standing around, so I decided to get my face painted.

I went back to selling muffins, but no one wanted to buy any.

Dad said the face paint might have scared off any prospective buyers, but he did say that the next time he does a movie about zombie pirates, I can be in it.

When I got home, we had a birthday party for my sister Verity.

Here she is in her school clothes.

And this is her party dress. Her favorite color is green.

After the party, I invited my friend Tyler Winters over. He doesn’t know it yet, but I’m going to marry him when I grow up because he lives in a house here in town.

So that’s how I, Sedna Cottoneye, spent Leisure Day. (Did I tell you that I’m named after the Inuit goddess of fishermen, and that I really, really need to make the honor roll?)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (September 7)
« Reply #382 on: September 07, 2013, 11:16:43 PM »
Haha, what a romantic!  He has a house in town.  That's enough.

SimBlip

« Reply #383 on: September 13, 2013, 09:59:28 PM »
Lovely to see another update!
And I like Verity's blondish tips.
Sedna's growing up fast and well aware of dynasty requirements, I see.  Looking forward to where this whirlwind takes us next. :)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #384 on: September 13, 2013, 10:04:44 PM »
Forget anything else; how does Woden end up with a blue girl auditioning?

Nice to see that Sedna has her spousal priorities in order too. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #385 on: September 14, 2013, 08:23:30 AM »
The blue girl is a former genie who was set free by Woden and kicked out of the house.

As for Sedna, at this point I'm happy to find anyone of the appropriate age, sex, and life state living in town. Fingers crossed that Tyler doesn't age up at a different rate or move away.

Offline AnnaSimmery1234

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #386 on: September 20, 2013, 10:50:49 PM »
Oh! I just love reading this dynasty! I'll be so sad when it ends  :'(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #387 on: September 29, 2013, 12:57:36 PM »
Chapter Two -- An Unwelcome Guest

Dear Aunt Mercy,

I came across some of your letters when I was going through my dad's stuff and realized that he would probably have wanted me to write to you. It saddens me to say it, but yes, he did die last night. He was 94.

I gather that he liked to keep you up-to-date on how we were doing, so I'll tell you that I decided to become a cook back when I was a child and I saw how much people enjoy good food.

As soon as I became a teenager, Dad loaned me the money to buy a restaurant. He even went there one day after work to check the place out.

After my birthday,

I put together a new wardrobe in my favorite color, white.

This is everyday:

And this is my formal:

We haven't had our prom scheduled yet, but when it happens, I'll go with my best friend Tyler Winters.

We had our first date at the Fall Festival on Spooky Day. He beat me at bobbing for apples, which is probably okay, because it's not something I really care about being good at.

Tyler followed me back home for Verity's teen birthday. She was celebrating her last few moments as a child when we arrived.

She said she had to get away from the gnomes, who were having some kind of funeral on the front deck.

Maybe I should have seen that as an omen.

Anyway, Verity blew out her candles.

Dad said it was wonderful to be surrounded by his three lovely girls, and we all settled down to eat cake.

Except Tyler. He came shambling back in, pretending to be a zombie (well, it was Spooky Day and a full moon).

He was creeping me out, but I didn't let on. I just kept eating my cake as if he weren't standing there growling at me.

Verity went downstairs to fix her hair and wardrobe. This is what she chose for everyday (her favorite color is green, if you can't guess).

And this is her nightgown.

I was outside telling Tyler to go home (which he did, thank goodness), when Mom started wailing. I turned around and saw Dad pleading for just a few more days. He hadn't finished his ten books for my collection, he said. (Actually, he had written more than ten books, but was having a problem getting the publisher to deliver his old ones.) Anyway, the Grim Reaper didn't give him a break.

I'm really going to miss him. Thanks for listening, Sedna Cottoneye

P.S. Here's my recipe for vanilla muffins. Take one box of muffin mix. Add one cup water and stir. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Yum!

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (September 29)
« Reply #388 on: September 29, 2013, 02:52:13 PM »
Aww I think I'm going to miss him too, I liked Woden :(

Not so sure about zombie Tyler though, although he's rather fitting to the dynasty name :D

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (September 29)
« Reply #389 on: September 30, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »
No, Woden! You were the best!

I have to ask: What is Verity's hair?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

anything