Author Topic: What can you do with clones of your Sim?  (Read 24872 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
What can you do with clones of your Sim?
« on: September 11, 2012, 01:58:12 PM »
I made a clone, of my Sim, can they be added to the family? Do they last forever?
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: What can you do with clones of your Sim?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 02:59:21 PM »
When you say you made a clone of your sim, did you go into the science building with a clone voucher to get a clone or did you just make a copy in CAS?  If science with voucher, you have a child clone that you raise the same as any other child and like any other the clone is mortal whether from science or CAS unless you give her a potion or feed her ambrosia.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 03:03:56 PM »
When you say you made a clone of your sim, did you go into the science building with a clone voucher to get a clone or did you just make a copy in CAS?  If science with voucher, you have a child clone that you raise the same as any other child and like any other the clone is mortal whether from science or CAS unless you give her a potion or feed her ambrosia.
I had my Sim drink the clone drone elixir.
We are of peace, always.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 10:41:14 PM »

Wait what??? How do you do this?

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 12:12:49 AM »
Wait what??? How do you do this?
There is a Lifetime Reward called Clone Voucher, you can take it to the science facilty and make a clone, the clone in CAS is simply saving a Sim in CAS. I was talking about the clones made from the Elixir, Clone Drone 
We are of peace, always.

Offline awesomeemzy

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 10:13:25 AM »
If they're not already in your household (I haven't used this elixir yet) you could always put in the testingcheatsenabled true. Then shift+click the clone and select add to household

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 03:50:02 PM »
If they're not already in your household (I haven't used this elixir yet) you could always put in the testingcheatsenabled true. Then shift+click the clone and select add to household
That's true, but I wonder if they last forever, or just temporary.
We are of peace, always.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 04:54:11 AM »
Worth testing anyone?  ::)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 09:48:50 AM »
That's true, but I wonder if they last forever, or just temporary.

Clones are always temporary, or did you never watch the Men in Black cartoon?

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 01:05:00 PM »
Clones are always temporary, or did you never watch the Men in Black cartoon?
Clones in The Sims 1 didn't last forever, but not sure about The Sims 3. Never even knew there was a Men In Black cartoon, lol. I've only heard of the movies.
We are of peace, always.

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
  • Pool noodles are awesome!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »
The elixir, clone drone makes a copy of your sim that is not in your household. All of my sims' clones have had the opposite traits. For an example I had a sim that loved the outdoors and was family orriented. Her clone had the traits hates children and hates the outdoors. I also had a sim that had the flirty trait. Her clone had the unflirty trait.
I love rain!

Offline immortalfrieza

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 10:34:21 AM »
Hey everybody, new guy to these forums here

What I'd like to know what the original sim and the sims connected to it is in relation to it's Clone Drone clone, is the clone considered a family member or a separate sim? Is the clone also a friend, enemy or otherwise of those sims and pets that are also the same to the original sim? Also, what about skills, jobs and lifetime rewards of the original sim? Do they transfer over to the clone or does the clone have to start from scratch?

EDIT: Something else occurred to me, will the clone be in the same life state as the original or will it start as a standard sim?

Offline shayir

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 11:01:33 AM »
Hope this helps, I've played a lot with the Clone Drone Elixir.  I'll try to hit the major questions with answers from my experience, but if I miss anything ask me, I may have forgotten to mention something.

Anyhow, the person cloned will often have the same traits as the original, but sometimes traits with opposites get reversed as SeaUnicorn mentioned.  They are permanent in that they have whatever lifespan remaining that their original did.  If the original is under the effect of the Age Freeze LTR, the clone won't have the benefit, but will have the reward in their list, so they won't be able to buy an Age Freeze of their own.

The clone will have all the LTR's of the original, though they won't get copies of items from LTR's like Age Freeze Potions or Replicators.  Also, I've had problems with the Magic Hands LTR.  My witch clone needed a wand to cast spells in spite of having Magic Hands.

Your clone will have none of the skills of the original, and no job.  When the clone is made, it is unrelated to anyone including the original.  You can romance your clone if you so choose.  It also starts with neutral relationships with everyone.

Hope that hits the highlights!

anything