Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908678 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1965 on: June 19, 2013, 04:16:44 PM »
Question.  I often will crash while trying to save after a birthday.  Guess the age-up process takes a lot of memory.  Anyway, if/when this happens and I have to re-age up the heir(s), should I re-roll for the trait or give them the first one that was rolled?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1966 on: June 19, 2013, 04:17:57 PM »
If you are having to redo the birthday then you reroll the trait.   I would also offer the solution of not using CAS right after a birthday and waiting about 24 hours to save.  See if that helps anything
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #1967 on: June 19, 2013, 04:22:16 PM »
If you are having to redo the birthday then you reroll the trait.   I would also offer the solution of not using CAS right after a birthday and waiting about 24 hours to save.  See if that helps anything

I'll definitely be doing this.  Thanks!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #1968 on: June 20, 2013, 10:54:04 AM »
Is the playpen approved for this challenge?  I noticed it in the "Study of the States of Life" story, and the writer said she'd extensively tested it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1969 on: June 20, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »
Originally it wasn't because it didn't go to level 3 for skills.   The skills have to reach level 3 in order for them to be counted.   In order for you to get the charisma from the playpen, you actually have to know the right amount of people for it to work.

Yes they count but they're also a major pain in the foot.  Children do not constantly do an interaction so they have to watched constantly and the action has to be queued up more frequently then anything else I've experienced in the game.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #1970 on: June 20, 2013, 11:22:19 AM »
Good to know.  The playpen is otherwise one of my favorite in-game tools.  But then, I am a fiend for toddlers.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1971 on: June 20, 2013, 11:27:26 AM »
Yeah if it didn't require such monitoring I'd use it way more than I do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1972 on: June 20, 2013, 12:57:33 PM »
I have a Sim that I have targeted to be my Founder's spouse, and I'd like to have her move in as soon as possible. However, my Founder's Lifetime Wish is Heartbreaker. I know that I don't know need to complete the LTW for this dynasty, but that would be a quick way to get some of the rewards. Is it within the rules for the future spouse to move in, have the founder do his LTW, (which would obviously prevent him from marrying the spouse immediately) then have them be married, or must I hold off on moving her in until they are to be wed?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1973 on: June 20, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »
You can move her in at any time.  There is no restriction.  You just can't move anyone in but the person who is going to be the spouse.  She can move in as a friend and he can do his LTW if you want to take the time  to get it done then get them set up for being married later that is your choice. 

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1974 on: June 20, 2013, 01:07:44 PM »
You can move her in at any time.  There is no restriction.  You just can't move anyone in but the person who is going to be the spouse.  She can move in as a friend and he can do his LTW if you want to take the time  to get it done then get them set up for being married later that is your choice.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.  :D

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1975 on: June 20, 2013, 02:45:31 PM »
Originally it wasn't because it didn't go to level 3 for skills.   The skills have to reach level 3 in order for them to be counted.   In order for you to get the charisma from the playpen, you actually have to know the right amount of people for it to work.

Yes they count but they're also a major pain in the foot.  Children do not constantly do an interaction so they have to watched constantly and the action has to be queued up more frequently then anything else I've experienced in the game.

It was definitely a pain but at least it skilled quickly because she wasn't allowed to do anything else until I counted three bars filled.  I was on pins and needles and holding my breath waiting for her to become a teen to confirm it skilled correctly too.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1976 on: June 20, 2013, 09:15:09 PM »
I have an issue with my game file. My spare had been aged up all the way to adult before putting down their imaginary friend doll. What happened was in rapid succession the doll had aged up with the spare cheering it on.  Then later doll was supposedly aging up and the founder, spouse and potential heirs all had going  to see the doll age up in their que. The doll wasn't aging up though and wasn’t aging then. It wouldn't drop from their que and I couldn't seem to make them do anything else. I tried using resetsim on everyone, on the spare and on the imaginary doll (though I'm not sure that would work since it obviously wasn't real) and none of it worked. When I moved the spare out it still had the action of going to see the doll age up in the que even afterwards. Does anyone know a way to fix this? If so can my spare move back into the ? Or do I have to get permission to go back to an earlier save I have before I had this problem?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1977 on: June 20, 2013, 09:16:35 PM »
I've had this problem and it goes away.   Save as, get out of the game, restart the computer, clear your caches and load it back up and it should be gone.  It's not actually effecting them though.  I once played a 6 hour power session with that in the background and there were no adverse effects.  If you want the spare to live in the house, remember it's the parent that had been an heir that has to reinvite them.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1978 on: June 20, 2013, 09:36:29 PM »
Can you clarify, Rica? If you want to move a spare back in their (heir) parent must ask them back in? What about spouses? The spouse must ask them back in, yes?

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1979 on: June 20, 2013, 09:38:03 PM »
The only people who can add to a household is a founder or heir.  The only people they can bring in is their spouse and their children. 

anything