Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 915018 times)

Offline LaniBethRaven

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2025 on: July 03, 2013, 09:47:40 PM »
Well I guess I'm doomed to failure then.  EVERY game I play in Moonlight falls has the school bug and since the only town that will ever spawn occult families is Moonlight Falls I am out of luck.  Nothing is ever hurt by asking.

edit:  and before you ask no I don't run with any mods.  never have and never will.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2026 on: July 03, 2013, 09:49:30 PM »
I'm sorry, could you please clarify the statement that Moonlight Falls is the only town to spawn occult families?

Do you have sort of mod that prevents occults spawning in other towns? I'm asking because I successfully completed this challenge starting in Lucky Palms and ending in Sunset Valley (stupid bugs!). I never lacked for occults in either of those.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2027 on: July 03, 2013, 09:49:49 PM »
We have people that are very close to finishing their dynasty in Moonlight Falls.  Moonlight Falls is not the only family that spawns occult families - it's just the only one that starts with an entire town of them.   If you have your story progression on (which you have to) and you choose which population controls you want with the life states dynasty in mind, then you should have no trouble in any town. 

I said you could place another EA school so how does that doom you?   If you've already placed your founder, then all you have to do is to get to the problem show that it's a problem and ask for permission then.  If you haven't placed her then put down another school in town for your kids to go to.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline LaniBethRaven

• Nooboo
« Reply #2028 on: July 03, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »
I have an unknown issue with my disks that I have been in contact with EA over.  The fact that the only way for my to ever have an occult family in any town other than Moonlight Falls is for me to create them or "turn" them with elixers.  EA claims it is a problem with my disk and says that the only fix is new disks; yet they will not replace it/them.

Again edit:  and before you ask no I don't run with any mods.  never have and never will.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2029 on: July 03, 2013, 09:55:01 PM »
Are you completely patched up?  The patch gave everyone the population controls not the disks. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline LaniBethRaven

• Nooboo
« Reply #2030 on: July 03, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »
My patch as of yesterday is 1.55.  EA claims it is somewhere in my disck since this has happened on 2 different computers.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2031 on: July 03, 2013, 09:58:53 PM »
Have you thought of downloading from Origin? No disks required that way. All you have to do is make sure your games are registered on TheSims3.com

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LaniBethRaven

• Nooboo
« Reply #2032 on: July 03, 2013, 10:01:14 PM »
I would still have to pay a second time for a game I already own.  I just cannot afford that.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2033 on: July 03, 2013, 10:02:19 PM »
If you have your games registered with TheSims3.com, you don't have to purchase again.  Just download Origin and sign in with the email and password you use for Sims and there is all of your registered games ready to download.  This method helped me when I cracked one of my disks.

Offline LaniBethRaven

• Nooboo
« Reply #2034 on: July 03, 2013, 10:06:39 PM »
I'll look into it.  I don't know if it will work since I registered 2 of my discs (the base game and adventures) under a different account than the one I currently use because I had forgotten my log-in and password and the email associated with that account was no longer active so could not retrieve them.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2035 on: July 03, 2013, 10:08:04 PM »
I hope it helps and if you need any more help with it let me know. 

As I said a solution for you in Moonlight Falls would be to place a school from another town like Sunset Valley.  Just make sure to find room somewhere and plop it down. Don't delete one of the small parks to do it though. 

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2036 on: July 04, 2013, 02:23:12 AM »
That's fine. You have permission.

Thank you. Taking care of it now.

EDIT: On second thought, I'll wait for them to leave school. I forgot they were still inside. Deleting a building my heir's in doesn't seem like a smart plan ;)

EDIT 2: Well, I did not see that coming. Changing the school reset the grades. If I had known that I'd have done it sooner or later :(

By samoht04

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #2037 on: July 04, 2013, 11:05:23 PM »
I am starting a non-official Life States Dynasty story. I can't follow the 'no cheating up motives' rule because I hate seeing my motives drop like flies  :-\ so this can't be posted on this forum but I will link to the blog that has the Powerpoints of my progress in my signature. I posted to ask about the new colored ghosts(shark attack, scuba drowning and dehydration) which expands to all ghost colors.

This Life States Dynasty was inspired by The Ghosts of Twinbrook by hazelnut(I read it fully and loved it!  ;D ) but the founder is a fairy who raises seven generations of ghost babies. The question I have is the ruling about moving in normal Sims and killing them to make colored ghosts. The rules say that all ghost spouses must be created via free will, we can set up the situation but must pray that the Sim is too stupid to live to get him killed off. How does that work with the new ghost types in Island Paradise? Do I just let my scuba diver spouse linger around the dive spot and pray his AI doesn't kick him out so he drowns?

If that is the case, then I don't see any spouse becoming a scuba drowning or shark attack ghost or mermaid spouse dying of dehydration autonomously. That would mean that, like the Ranting Ghost, the only viable option for these new types would be a founder changed into one, which I will totally do on my next Life States Dynasty but I want to start with a fairy for this one. I apologize for being too morbid but I am curious as to if you need to do what hazelnut did and just bind ghosts who are already dead to get them, as there are no new ghost types in Isla Paradiso(the ghosts are all base-game death ghosts).
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2038 on: July 04, 2013, 11:10:39 PM »
You can post unofficial stories.  There is nothing saying you can't.  People have done it a lot in the past.  Just make sure people know it's unofficial.

And while no they may not happen to spouses that were living don't rule out spouses that may have died those deaths in the graveyards.  I haven't been able to write down all the ghosts in the graveyard yet to find out if there are any hiding out.  If you say they're base game then that's what they are.  Doesn't mean you won't find a friend of the family that may die in these manners.  I've had family friends die of thirst randomly so why not get randomly attacked by a shark in the area?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2039 on: July 05, 2013, 09:40:53 PM »
So I've been perusing the rules and things, and I can't find an answer (however, I've been plagued by a headache all day, so I could just be blind).

Private lots are permissible, but can't be moved to. Can I use a private lot to store the museum items instead, since there's no dollar value required (and thus, won't be affected by appreciation)?