Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908570 times)

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2145 on: August 17, 2013, 03:39:18 AM »
Any word on my problem? I've tried all the legal fixes I can and it just keeps happening :/
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2146 on: August 17, 2013, 05:54:33 AM »
Any word on my problem? I've tried all the legal fixes I can and it just keeps happening :/

I apologize sunshine. Yes, go back to a previous save.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #2147 on: August 17, 2013, 06:54:17 AM »
Thanks very much Metro :) fingers crossed it works!

Edit: So it looks like my Sim is glitched :( I went back to before she was pregnant and tried again, and it was the same result when she gave birth.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Tantara

• Nooboo
« Reply #2148 on: August 18, 2013, 05:49:13 PM »
I have a question/issue I can't find a ruling on via search.

Having finally bitten the bullet and added Supernatural to my game, I've started a Life States Dynasty.  My founder, a genie, befriended teen witch Jules MacDuff, and once he aged up to young adult, they began a romance and got married.  But I've encountered a problem.  Normally, teens have 4 traits and gain a 5th when they age up to young adult.  According to the Sims Wiki, Jules is missing a trait, having only 3 as a teen.   (I've seen that before with townies, but not usually with housed NPCs.)  Once he was part of my household as a young adult, I found that although he did gain a trait when he aged up, he is still missing one, having only 4 instead of the usual 5.

Do I play him with only 4 traits, or do I add one via cheats, or shall I do something else entirely?  I searched around, and while I seem to recall a ruling on this sort of thing for a different dynasty/challenge, I can't find any ruling regarding NPCs with fewer traits than they should have specifically for the Life States Dynasty.

Thanks!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2149 on: August 18, 2013, 05:53:14 PM »
You have to take him as he is with his missing trait.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #2150 on: August 18, 2013, 10:57:56 PM »
What do you do if your sim asks someone to marry them, and then it turns out there are children and pets in the household that won't fit in your household? There is no way to quit the screen. I'm at Generation 6, I'd hate to ruin it now.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2151 on: August 19, 2013, 06:07:55 AM »
You are not allowed to move any children into the household it is spouses only.
What happens if you just click to move the spouse in.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #2152 on: August 19, 2013, 06:11:57 AM »
I think it just got missed, but I'm still having weather issues in my game and I was wondering if there was anything I can do about it? Look on the last page and you'll see what I mean.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2153 on: August 19, 2013, 06:29:15 AM »
Metro said you can go back to a previous save for your travel problem. I personally cannot see a problem with using testing cheats to sort the temperature out,but I will Pm Metro and Rica to get their opinions if you want to wait awhile for confirmation.

Rachel

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #2154 on: August 19, 2013, 06:50:35 AM »
That's fine. I'm going on holiday and I only have internet until Thursday so if I could get an answer before then that would be good but if not then it would good if somebody sent me a PM about it so I can get the answer when I get back  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2155 on: August 19, 2013, 06:58:32 AM »
The boss man says you can use testingcheats to change the temperature just remember to turn testingcheats off when you are done.

Rachel

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #2156 on: August 19, 2013, 07:00:03 AM »
Oh that's great. Thanks guys  :)
** My Stories **

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #2157 on: August 19, 2013, 06:50:22 PM »
The problem was that there was no other adult in the household, but 3 children and a pet, which clearly weren't going to fit in my household, so I couldn't move in the mum, but I couldn't quit either. In the end I sat there reading dyansty tips for hours, and looking at houses, and downloading patterns (had a field day) and then realised that I had fogotten one of gen 5's requirements.  Would would have been the outcome? How can I avoid the moving problem in the future?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2158 on: August 19, 2013, 07:11:33 PM »
If they were her own children, then they should have showed up in the family tree upon boyfriend/girlfriend status. I believe you can also invite households over, and it'll bring everyone.

Beyond that, not sure about the children, but I thought the pets would have been ok.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #2159 on: August 19, 2013, 11:55:08 PM »
I'd imagine the pets would be okay too.

As for the kids, maybe once you find out about them and you've decided the parent (or guardian or whatever) will be the spouse, either throw an age of instant elixir at one of the kids and/or hold a surprise birthday party (or two) complete with cake before moving the parent in (you can cake up anyone on the same lot as a birthday cake as long as one sim day has gone by since they last aged up; the elixir has no such limitation). My understanding is that teens can be left with just children in a household though I'd age one of them up to YA to be safe.