Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 911399 times)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2250 on: October 16, 2013, 01:57:35 PM »
lol, it took three weeks of telescope-looking and rock collecting but we finally succeeded.

However, there's a snag. Apparently I downloaded a bad piece of CC and so when the babies were born, they were long streaks. I saved, then tracked down the CC and eliminated it, loaded the game back up, and now the babies are completely invisible. Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with this or do I have to go back to before they were born?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2251 on: October 16, 2013, 02:20:26 PM »
dontmindme-

The CC you downloaded, its an outfit right?  The only way I know how to solve this is wait till the baby grows up to toddler, then change their outfit via dresser, they should be visible after you do that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2252 on: October 16, 2013, 02:26:46 PM »
Thanks for such a quick reply, Nutella.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2253 on: October 16, 2013, 06:57:30 PM »
Sorry for the double post but, um, my parents can't interact with the invisible babies. The best they can do is hold them. So, help? Or permission to age them now so they don't get taken by the social workers?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2254 on: October 16, 2013, 07:05:17 PM »
Sorry for the double post but, um, my parents can't interact with the invisible babies. The best they can do is hold them. So, help? Or permission to age them now so they don't get taken by the social workers?

You have permission to go back to an older save (before they were born).  Do you still have that file?

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2255 on: October 16, 2013, 07:29:18 PM »
Yes, I do. Thanks!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2256 on: October 23, 2013, 05:05:48 PM »
Into The Future Updates:

Your heirs are allowed a maximum of 49 days vacation.  You can use these days for vacation/University and/or Time Travel.
Anything that lengthens life for heirs is forbidden— eating Life Fruit, Ambrosia, make-overs, tattoos, plastic surgery, mud baths, elixirs, The Quantum Power Chamber (Hibernation Chamber) and drinking from Leon's Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs).
Plumbots are banned.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2257 on: October 25, 2013, 05:28:46 PM »
Grim's Ghastly Manor Updates:

Door of Life and Death Reincarnation
Founders / Heirs -- No
Household Members -- no

Door of Life and Death intentionally killing off sim
Founders / Heirs -- No
Household Members -- No

Into The Future 2nd Update:

Plumbots -- Flat ban no creating as only invited spouses are allowed to live in the dynasty house. A plumbot cannot be a spouse as they cannot reproduce.
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2258 on: October 29, 2013, 01:29:52 PM »
Hi! Two quick questions here.

1) When specifically does an heir have to be chosen? When the kids hit YA?

2) I've read that IFs can only be brought to life by their best friend. Does that mean that an IF spouse must be the best friend of the heir?

Thanks!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2259 on: October 29, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »
1. They can be chosen when you feel that you are ready to choose an heir. I chose heirs moments after they were born. Some people have waited until their potential heirs were young adults to make a decision.

2. They have to be best friends with the heir to be turned real, yes, but if you're implying that they have to be their unique best friend, they can be but that would negate their ability to be a spouse or to be turned real.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2260 on: October 29, 2013, 01:35:26 PM »
Thanks, Trip, for such a quick reply. I was asking about the IFs because my heirs never received IFs but their little brothers did, which had me wondering if I could use one of the boys' IFs as a spouse.

Offline Sans_Sanity

• Nooboo
« Reply #2261 on: October 30, 2013, 03:18:31 PM »
I've started one of these to try and encourage me to play with non-human life states. It's strange, I've been playing since release (not continuously, but I tend to come back for EPs) and yet I've still not played with most of the life states in the game!

That being said I'm having a problem with Gen 2 that is driving me up the wall! He is now around 5 days away from his adult transition and hasn't received a single opportunity yet (other than when he was a child ofc). He's in the writing career, with maxed skill, and normally by this point I swear I would have got one of the biography opps. My founder also found opportunities a bit thin on the ground as well, but she managed to get a couple from work eventually while I was waiting for her final wish. Does anyone have any suggestions about things I could do to try and get any opportunities for him? I'm worrying already about later generations if I'm not getting anything yet :( I'm playing in Moonlight Falls (if that makes a difference)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2262 on: October 30, 2013, 03:37:28 PM »
Is it feasible for you to change jobs? I would recommend, if possible, switching to Private Investigator. Do the the required number of opps and no more, than go back to writing. You shouldn't need to touch logic at all. That way, you could still use PI opps for others who might have issues (just don't use the same ones, of course). Of course, if it's not, maybe one that doesn't have a combined rabbithole (I haven't played there yet, so I don't know if the journalism one is combined or not).

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2263 on: October 30, 2013, 04:47:58 PM »
My writer never got writing ops either. She used bass for her other skill challenges and ended up relying on bass ops. What is he doing for his other skill challenges?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Sans_Sanity

• Nooboo
« Reply #2264 on: October 31, 2013, 01:36:09 AM »
Thanks for the replies :) His other skill challenges are going to be drums, I'm just not far through yet compared to writing - so I will keep an eye out for those while I finish getting to the top of the writing career (for the award). Then if nothing fires the PI idea is a good one!

Edit: Something else I'd noticed - my gen 2 heir keeps rolling wishes to move in with his wife...who already lives in the house. This combined with the total lack of all opportunities (gen 1 were all career from the military) makes me wonder if there isn't some bug in my game :(

I'm wishing I started in a town I'd actually played before now... I'm suspecting the combined buildings have something to do with the whole thing.

Edit 2: After another 4 hours of gaming time with no opps I decided to do a test... made a copy of my family and moved them to Sunset Valley. The first opportunity happened the next game day. Looks like I'm starting over. I'll leave my originals around - but there are skill challenges (for instruments) that I'd planned on being able to get through opportunities so I'll chalk it up to a learning experience!

anything