Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908680 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2340 on: December 08, 2013, 02:51:41 PM »
It just occurred to me that there is this ruling about mermaids because they automatically get level 10 scuba diving.

When I tried out ITF and Dallas got abducted the alien son he had automatically got level 10 advanced tech when he aged up, I think it was teen, might have been child though. Would the same ruling then apply for aliens and advanced tech challenges if you have ITF?

I'm not actually playing with seasons at the moment but I thought that maybe it was something worth bringing to the teams attention incase the rules need amending for aliens.

Yes, same ruling.  Thanks for bringing this up, we will make the edit in the rules section.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2341 on: December 08, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »
12/08/2013  Rules Addition:  Aliens are not allowed to count advanced technology skill challenges.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2342 on: December 10, 2013, 09:40:52 AM »
Congrats Nettlejuice on finishing your life state dynasty.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #2343 on: December 10, 2013, 10:22:55 AM »
Thank you so much <3 For anyone who hasn't tried it, I highly recommend you try as it was very enjoyable.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2344 on: December 11, 2013, 10:56:21 AM »
So I currently have teen triplet werewolves each with an IF, my plan was make the IF real to become the romantic interest then cake up the teen, what I had hoped to do was marry them to the IF then move them out but due to household logistics I have to do one at a time for the spares then the heirs IF will be the last to be made real.

Now I just did IF number 1 and had them kiss then suddenly thought is the IF under this rule now she is real or can I age her up with the teen?

Heirs #2-#7 have 7 childhood goals they must attain. Important: After achieving ALL tasks in a given stage, you are allowed to use a birthday cake to age up a child.

Or am I misunderstanding that totally and only the heir is under any aging restriction? can spares just be aged up at any time?

Edit: I just had another thought is making the IF's real counted as adding to the household outside of spares? it didn't occur to me earlier but I've only done one and all three triplets did all requirements so theoretically he could be the heir if that's the case.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #2345 on: December 11, 2013, 11:28:20 AM »
@Turoskel, my understanding is that only the heir is under the aging restrictions so you're good there, but I believe that IFs do count as being added to the household so...congratulations, I think you just chose your heir.  ;)

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2346 on: December 11, 2013, 11:30:34 AM »
Or am I misunderstanding that totally and only the heir is under any aging restriction? can spares just be aged up at any time?
Spares can be aged up at any time. :)

Edit: I just had another thought is making the IF's real counted as adding to the household outside of spares? it didn't occur to me earlier but I've only done one and all three triplets did all requirements so theoretically he could be the heir if that's the case.
Yep, you've added her(?) to the household, so that triplet must be your heir. Although...somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they need to be Young Adult or older in order to be added to the household. If they're still teens, you may have failed. :-X

EDIT: I just reread the rules and can't find it, so it might be from a different dynasty? Or maybe IFs can be added whenever? I don't remember where I read the Young Adult thing, so don't take my word for it. ??? Nevermind, Trip beat me to it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2347 on: December 11, 2013, 11:32:29 AM »
I asked Rica about it a while ago; you CANNOT turn an IF real until your heir is a young adult or older, because that's the only time it will count as adding a spouse.

Sorry. :(
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2348 on: December 11, 2013, 11:42:08 AM »
Spares can be aged up at any time. :)

I wish I could get some kind of memory wipe to erase the Immortal rule set from my mind, it's completely confusing the issue with this dynasty, I got so used to all the age restrictions I didn't realise I could do that ::)

Thank you enderkay.

I asked Rica about it a while ago; you CANNOT turn an IF real until your heir is a young adult or older, because that's the only time it will count as adding a spouse.

Sorry. :(

Not to worry Trip, I think this attempt was doomed from the start, totally flying by the seat of my pants so far and amazed I got this far, lots of things I kept thinking I should have done differently well now I get the chance.

I just hate rebuilding the house each time I fail, they can live in a tent this time :P

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2349 on: December 11, 2013, 11:48:30 AM »
Sorry about your dynasty Turoskel, good luck with the new one.  And I vote for tents, although I'm pretty sure you will cave in and build them a house.  ;D

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2350 on: December 12, 2013, 10:08:23 PM »
12/12/2013  Rules Addition:

**Extending Life** Anything that lengthens life for heirs is forbidden— eating Life Fruit, Ambrosia, make-overs, tattoos, plastic surgery, mud baths, elixirs, Hibernation Chamber, drinking soy milk from the Farm Fresh Folk set, and drinking from Leon's Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs).

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #2351 on: December 13, 2013, 10:21:25 AM »
About extending life for heir - I wonder if Immortal LTR can be counted in 4 LTRs requirement? It seems to stop aging forever, but it is only available to vampires, and I've seen it listed in some completed dynasties, so I'd like to ask for sure.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2352 on: December 13, 2013, 10:35:31 AM »
Heirs cannot extend life until all the requirements are completed, so for the Immortal LTR -- I would say if the LTR is the very last of your requirement, then it would be ok.  If you purchase the LTR before all the other requirements are done, then you are breaking the rules. 

Let's see what the team thinks about this.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2353 on: December 13, 2013, 10:47:11 AM »
Heirs cannot extend life until all the requirements are completed, so for the Immortal LTR -- I would say if the LTR is the very last of your requirement, then it would be ok.  If you purchase the LTR before all the other requirements are done, then you are breaking the rules. 

Let's see what the team thinks about this.

I agree. The purchasing of the Immortal LTR would need to coincide with finishing all requirements to allow life extension for an heir.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #2354 on: December 19, 2013, 07:54:58 AM »
I've just loaded up my game and I have a problem. My founder seems to have sunk into the ground.

Any idea what I should do?
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.