Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908669 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #525 on: October 09, 2012, 05:27:51 AM »
My children became three-star celebrities just by being best friends with both parents. Ah well, at least I get free stuff :P
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #526 on: October 09, 2012, 05:55:32 AM »
A lot of people have. xD
Don't you think the babies look like burritos? =P

Yes they do! I just never looked at them like that lol

My children became three-star celebrities just by being best friends with both parents. Ah well, at least I get free stuff :P

That is what I like about celebrities too. My founder is an acrobat and became a celebrity automatically. So far they haven't gotten much public disgrace, but I only have a fairy and a human so maybe that's why.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #527 on: October 09, 2012, 10:21:09 AM »
On the other hand, this is why the first thing I did with the Supernatural patch is turn off Celebrities and opt my household out of the Celebrity system. Unless I'm playing in Bridgeport and actually intending to play with the Celebrity system, no amount of free stuff - not even the exclusive celebrity stuff for 5-stars - is worth the constant barrage of public disgrace over a long-haul game.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #528 on: October 09, 2012, 10:24:13 AM »
I'm sorry if this has been asked and I've skipped over it (it's early!), but I did have a question on the Best Friend part.

I know the Best Friend is unique to the heir, but "not a best friend to any other household member" also includes spares and spouses, correct?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #529 on: October 09, 2012, 10:37:51 AM »
Correct.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #530 on: October 09, 2012, 10:40:17 AM »
Okie dokie, thanks :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #531 on: October 09, 2012, 10:57:36 AM »
On the other hand, this is why the first thing I did with the Supernatural patch is turn off Celebrities and opt my household out of the Celebrity system. Unless I'm playing in Bridgeport and actually intending to play with the Celebrity system, no amount of free stuff - not even the exclusive celebrity stuff for 5-stars - is worth the constant barrage of public disgrace over a long-haul game.

I absolutely love that option. The only thing that kept me form using it is that I want to leave the Film career open as an option for later heirs. Unfortunately we can't change the settings later so I have to live with celebrities until then.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #532 on: October 11, 2012, 12:14:32 PM »
My ghost heir got twins: one baby is a ghost and the other a ghost-vampire hybrid. The latter is obviously the heir. When he grows into a child would I be allowed to feed him ambrosia to make him just a vampire (a unique life state in my dynasty)? I am so bored with my ghost sim - so slow and no features etc - that I am not sure if I can stand playing yet another one in this dynasty.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #533 on: October 11, 2012, 12:18:30 PM »
Ambrosia would not be allowed until your heir has completed all requirements.    It's part of the rule regarding Extending Life.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #534 on: October 11, 2012, 12:33:51 PM »
So, ambrosia affects the age of a ghost, too? I have never fed a ghost ambrosia, so I would not know. The ghost chapter in the guide says: "...Follow the link to learn more about making this dish. It will bring a Sim from death (ghost) back to a normal state, and can perpetually halt death due to aging when eaten by living Sims. The Sim's age bar will revert to 0 days at that state in their life span." I thought that this means that ambrosia does not affect the age of a ghost.

And if my sim ate ambrosia right after he aged up to child, that would not affect his age at all.

Anyway, I take that my sim can eat ambrosia after he has finished his requirements and before trying for a baby?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #535 on: October 11, 2012, 12:36:34 PM »
It's more of the spirit of "no life-extending methods used, period" until they have completed all their requirements. It doesn't matter if it won't actually affect their age.

And yes, ambrosia resets a ghost's age too. In my own dynasty, I did that to revive my founder's husband, and he went from five days into his elder stage back to the beginning.

Since trying for baby is not a part of the requirements, you can use whatever life-extending measures you want beforehand.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #536 on: October 11, 2012, 12:46:03 PM »
Thanks to you both. Although I can't use ambrosia as early as I hoped, I am glad that I don't have to "live" with two ghosts through the entire challenge.

And one of the reasons I like these challenges is that you learn so many new things about the game. And you also get to do things you would not ever do with your normal playing style.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #537 on: October 11, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »
There are a lot of things that wouldn't effect a sim's age if you did it on their birthday but they're still banned until after all the requirements are done because of what they are not what they could do at that particular moment.   Yes, you can do it before you try for baby just like any other life extending method.   

The only qualifier to use ambrosia for your Sim is that the requirements are all done at the same time and complete before you eat it.

Edit:

Just to bring this to the attention of dynasty players there has been an addition to the ruleset

• SimBots may be obtained from a LTR or an Inventor can make them, however, they must immediately be released into the wild.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #538 on: October 11, 2012, 04:29:46 PM »
Oh yeah, there was no previous ruling on SimBots other than they couldn't be heirs. So this brings up an interesting question: If there's now an elixir to turn Sims into SimBots, will a Potent Cure elixir turn SimBots into Sims?

Also, I know life-state-changing elixirs are banned in the whole dynasty. I'm just wondering, is there any other way to become a witch or a fairy other than those respective elixirs?

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #539 on: October 11, 2012, 04:34:58 PM »
There is an opportunity from the fairy arboretum that will allow you to become a fairy.   As far as I know witches are the only ones who have to be born that way.

As to the curing of a Simbot, I'm not aware but I think I'm about to start up a game and find out!  I'll let you know.