Author Topic: Problem with Opportunities  (Read 4681 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Problem with Opportunities
« on: September 29, 2012, 04:38:39 PM »
My sons girlfriend is having problems with her game. She called me and said that when we clicked on the school for the recital, the option wasn't there. She has the op but on any given day, it's never in the menu for the school. Is she resets the school or the Sim, she gets the opp again, and the same thing.

Has this happened to anyone here? She said she seen on the other forum but no solution. I'm hoping that maybe someone here might be able to shed some light.

thanks Shannon

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Problem with Opportunities
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 04:47:46 PM »
It's because she's using a school that is also something else like the stadium.   There is a major issue going on right now with bundled rabbit holes.  I don't know if mods are fixing it for some people but a lot of people have been noticing the problem even here on the board.    My suggestion for her would be to place another school down somewhere from the community lots section and see if it happens again.  It shouldn't though.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 04:52:41 PM »
LOL OH Rica Rica, Your not gonna make this easy on me are you? I'm not to sure she can do that. I'll call her and find out. If not looks like I'll be paying her a visit this week. SMH!! Give me patience.. LOL

Edited:

She's playing in Appaloosa, so I told her to make a lot for the new Private school and put it down in town.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 12:45:00 AM »
LOL OH Rica Rica, Your not gonna make this easy on me are you? I'm not to sure she can do that. I'll call her and find out. If not looks like I'll be paying her a visit this week. SMH!! Give me patience.. LOL

Edited:

She's playing in Appaloosa, so I told her to make a lot for the new Private school and put it down in town.

What is SMH?  Please spell things out because not everyone knows what abbreviations mean.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 10:23:41 AM »
I was curious as to what it meant, wiki gave me the answer (I'm impatient, didn't want to wait for an answer).  I agree that it can help for them to be spelled out; problem is, what is common in one area won't be in another area.  Generally not intentional, but are often used automatically without realizing it won't be recognized.   Frustating though. 

Anyhow.  SMH is Shaking My Head   and it can be used for So Much Hate, but I think in this post the first is the meaning.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 10:34:37 AM »
Sorry about that. Yes it is was for Shaking My Head. You would think that at 42yrs old, I would know to explain better. I'll be more careful in the future Pam. I just get to typing and it's out before I realize it..   :-[

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 06:48:57 AM »
Is anyone else having problems with opportunities lately?

I'm not sure where to post this, but I've been cruising this forum all night looking to see if others are having my problems with opportunities, so moderators feel free to move this if I'm in the wrong place.

I have had two of my dynasty heirs come up with the "Smooth, Like Verbal Butter" charisma op and neither could get the Smooth Recovery interaction, they only got Apologize.  Between them they must have insulted every Sim in Sunset Valley but to no avail.

Similarly, my Culinary Career Sim got a couple of career opportunities from the Little Corsican Bistro for "Serving the Masses" (prepare 2 group meals of xxx and bring to work), but the op doesn't go into the op panel when I selected it.  I saw the little chef's hat go into the panel but when I clicked on the star the op is not there?  The "Bring the Buffet" and "Burners Down" culinary opportunities did exactly the same thing.

The Law Enforcement heir has something similar with the "Improving Disguises" (travel to China and meet 4 locals) op.  When I get my heir to China, the op is in the panel until I try to greet the first local and then it disappears.  My Journalist Sim heir had something similar with the "Exotic Living" (go to France and interview 5 locals) op and the "Historical Interview" (go to China and interview an elder) op.

I know I can easily nix these ops but sometimes time is of the essence to get my 10 ops and move my heir out. 

These are the op glitches I've noticed - any suggestions forum?
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.