Author Topic: Sims Unable to Marry  (Read 3712 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Sims Unable to Marry
« on: October 08, 2012, 09:40:48 PM »
Yes, there have been threads on this before. However, I have a different situation.

These two sims were once married. The husband died, but was resurrected a few days later. He and his wife are now listed as engaged. There isn't an option for them to marry. I also can throw regular parties, but not wedding parties or bachelor/bachelorette parties. They live together, and their household isn't even close to full, so that's not the issue.

The whole thing isn't a game breaker, but they both rolled wishes to get married, and I just really want them to have a great wedding. I don't want to break them up either, but if that's the only way to fix this bug, I guess I'll have to.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Sims Unable to Marry
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 11:22:17 PM »
I don't think it's really a bug.  It's just what happens when a spouse dies.  Marriage lasts until death, so when one dies they are no longer married.  Yet they still have a strong relationship (engaged).  I suspect you'll probably have to break them up and start from the beginning.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 11:24:56 PM »
I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks Pam.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 11:26:22 PM »
I had a problem in my dynasty - long time ago - where I had Patricia and Alexander Cross in my house.  Patricia died but was resurrected by the cat.  Then it didn't matter how low their relationship got, I couldn't get them re-married.  I hope this doesn't happen to you but if you have generations, one thing I never thought to think of was a clean slate to see if that would help.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline AliceHyde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 04:04:34 PM »
That happened to me and the only way was to make them break-up and start all over.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 11:22:19 PM »
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. They're engaged again and do have the option to marry, so I'm pretty content with the solution. Thanks guys. :)

Offline AliceHyde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 09:53:32 AM »
Glad you found a solution! If anyone is interested, I finally managed to get Erik Darling back, and he had just an acquitances relationship with Agnes. No idea if that's normal or my game has its own ways XD (Erik was brought back thanks to Philosopher's stone)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.