Author Topic: The Stones Throw Greenhouse Venue and New Premium Content  (Read 104323 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Stones Throw Greenhouse Venue and New Premium Content
« on: November 14, 2012, 04:59:58 PM »
Taken from SimGuruTaterTot's Blog on the Official Site:
A few weeks ago we mentioned that there are some really cool content coming to the Sims 3 Store over the next couple of months.  Today I’m excited to preview one of my personal favorites, the Stones Throw Greenhouse!  This venue is filled with more new objects and exclusive premium content than any other venue we’ve shipped before! 

For the first time ever, we have four different glass roof sculpture pieces that allow you to build your own custom greenhouse, arboretum or sunlit breakfast nook. 

The new SwiftGro Gardening Station has a sprinkler system with a timer to let you water a group of plants all at the same time, a megaphone to let you talk to all of the plants in the garden patch, a composter to let you fertilize a bunch of plants within range, and a workbench to let you identify new seeds that you might find in your garden.

The composter takes three fertilizers and combines them to feed all of the plants in the area.  But what’s even more exciting is that the Stone’s Throw Greenhouse comes with the Plants VS. Zombies Sunflower, which produces the highest quality sunshine fertilizer for your garden!  Drop some sunshine in your composter and watch the quality of your garden improve by leaps and bounds!  But the fun doesn’t stop there.  The Sunflower also loves to sing and dance with your Sim!

Additionally there are over a dozen new objects to help you achieve gardening nirvana!

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
Re: Coming Soon: The Stones Throw Greenhouse Venue and New Premium Content
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 05:21:17 PM »
I wonder if they'll give us the ability to plant on community lots now. That would be great!

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 05:30:56 PM »
Wow ! It looks amazing ! Anxious to get it. It will be fun to build with those glass roofs. :D
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Coming Soon: The Stones Throw Greenhouse Venue and New Premium Content
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 05:59:55 PM »
Oh yeah! I could get into this!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 12:33:32 PM »
This is now available.  You can find it here on sale for 1700 Simpoints.  The sale lasts until New Years Day and then it will be available for 1900.

The two items that come with it are not yet available for individual purchase.  They are the SwiftGro Gardening Station and the PvZ sunflower.

Sunflower

Gardening Station

Another view of the greenhouse
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Swanwhite

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 01:13:43 PM »
Ooh it's a little pricey but I want it! How can I say no to that smiling sun flower face   ;D

I always have a gardener so I'm sure I'll be making good use of it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Glass House
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 06:00:01 PM »
Yeah, finally.  We have a glass house from the Sims Store.  Okay the roof looks difficult for a building klutz like me.  But... Yeah... glass roof!

;D Happy dance  ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »
Oh wow, I'm totally getting this tonight.

Though nowhere on my current Dynasty lot to put it (my own fault, I purposely chose a small lot to keep from having a file bloat to 15 minutes' load time).

Question though, based on a picture I saw in the store last night - I saw some plants around in the planters. Does the greenhouse watering system water those planters, or no (since sprinklers don't)?

Offline ChaiLatte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 06:09:06 PM »
Before you buy this, you should be aware that the greenhouse roof pieces aren't real roofs. It will snow in a building with only one of these greenhouse roofs on top. There are a couple of threads about this on the official TS3 Store forum.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Glass House
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 06:50:14 PM »
Yes, but before you get too excited and spend the simpoints, be aware that there are reports that the glass roof doesn't keep out the snow!  Which I think kind of defeats the purpose of a greenhouse.  I wonder if this is something that will be fixed soon.  We can hope.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 07:10:03 PM »
Perhaps you put it on a roof, like a window?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 07:11:18 PM »
Before you buy this, you should be aware that the greenhouse roof pieces aren't real roofs. It will snow in a building with only one of these greenhouse roofs on top. There are a couple of threads about this on the official TS3 Store forum.

Well, that's disappointing. I wonder if it's suppose to be like that or is a bug. I was planning on getting this but now I don't know. Think I might wait awhile and see if the roofs are changed.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 07:23:56 PM »
Mmm, I turned the computer on this morning to find this in the store so I bought it straight away . Just got home from morning walk and am just firing up my game. Currently, it's a few days until Fall, so  I'll build a greenhouse in the back yard and report back on how it copes with different weather.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Glass House
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 07:58:12 PM »
My sister and I just got this.  She was not impressed and I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but your right, it defeats the purpose of a greenhouse.  Wish we had waited.  Oh well, live and learn.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?