Author Topic: University Life - First Impressions  (Read 138267 times)

Offline xxkodachrome

• Nooboo
Re: University Life - First Impressions
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2013, 11:43:17 PM »
So far I am loving Uni!

My sim met her love (love at first sight) and reached the top of the Nerds and got the job! The only thing I noticed was at one point my smartphone kept showing that it was ringing but there was no option to answer and all the buttons showed as if the phone was not in use (just in inventory) but eventually that went away (few sim days).

Other than that the game play is really fun - I got TONs of party invites that I had to start to turn them down in order to keep grades up!

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2013, 08:34:23 AM »
Eldridge - I removed your spoilers.   We don't use that code here because we don't hold information back.   People come here for information so we offer as much of it as possible.  Also please remember in the future that the forum rule is 5 pictures per post outside of the swap shop and story boards.

Sure, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again Ricalynn ;D

This is my impresion of other feature:

I really love Social Networks things! There are so much to discover here. Especially when it come to new App and new Skins.
There are  15 type of skins that I have been unlocked so far. After maximizing three social groups and Social Networking Skill.
I don't know if there's more.

Here's a list if you want to know, but how to unlock it I forgot to take a note. And this is not in order.
- Ocean
- N7
- Mahogany
- Laser Show
- Jungle Green
- Golden Bling
- Frosty White
- Cute Kitty Pink
- Cherry Red
- Black
- Age of Dragon
- Zebra
- Sky Blue
- School Pride
- Plumb Bob.

My favorite are Mahogany and School Pride ;)

Oh, yeah I really love Blog App things! This is so addicting for me! There are three themes that you can choose here. But mine is personal blog and the skin is School Pride. The limit of of blog posting is up to 96 characters (I have count it three times, CMIIW). If you post blog when you have the moodlet "Gotta" you are guarantee will have an "Amazing" thought from your follower which that make you have more follower and raise the blog rating. If you abuse this thing/try this often not only you will have a bad moodlet, you can also lost your follower as it's happen to me ;D

And besides ask for donations, you can ask your follower to help you with your study too. It's quite handy for me, heheh.

In my recent game in University, I don't know why it's happen, after receive some phone call, I decided not to answer but my phone can't stop ringing! There's no option to 'answer' either. And it's happen all day. So, at first I have a plan to do the Reset Sims thing but I changed my mind to wait it a bit longer, waiting for other phone call. Thankfully the ringing finally stop.

Sims App Finder is quite a handy too. So far that I use that App the result was pretty accurate! It's make me easier to find some sims with the traits that I desired. Relationship Transmogrifier is awesome! As last post say here, it's can change relationship instant. As my sims, or others sims.

I discover that "Mind Meld" that nerds have sometimes can discover others sims traits and the things that make me surprise that it's can learn skills from other sims, it's a random chance though.

And the last things that I have found is this!

My sims, Beau Andrews as a mascot! It's funny to watch when he perform that Mascot Style Dance lol. Not only it's kinda funny to watch but it's also refill your sims fun motive. It's great! You can be a Gnome or Llama it's up to you, but the interactions is still the same but in different outfit. And when others near you while you in that suit they will have a good moodlet.

The interactions that Mascot have, three of them except Take Off Mascot Suit is refill fun motives:
- Backflip - It's really great to quickly refill your fun motive, do it when your fun motive is low. Oh, and I take that this interaction won't fill up motive meter when it's pretty high (but not full) when you're alone, but fill it when you're near the others.   
- Dance Mascot Style
- Do the Running Man
- Take Off Mascot Suit

I think that's all for now. It's was awesome! Yay! I can't wait to play it again ;D
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2013, 03:59:32 PM »
Couple of minor things.

If your sim gets onto the Dean List, you can go back every day and apply for extra money/grants. My engaged couple both did on Saturday, Sunday, and Thursday (Mondays and Wednesdays were class heavy and I just wanted to get them home, Tuesday was spent getting Jock Social up, and Friday was exam day, when it was no longer available). In both cases, they earned 5000/5000/4900 (the last one varied by a few simoleans). Because I had them rent a house, I was able to give them both laptops with desks, a car each, a TV, and upgrade kitchen slightly. They returned home after finals with about 13,000 simoleans (and then the game crashed).

If you are willing to spend the 2000 LTHP on the social improvements, you jump approximately 2 ranks per purchase.

Your professors can/will invite you to parties if you're friendly with them. Nothing like having your technology professor invite you to juice keggers!

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2013, 04:27:29 PM »
Went back for my second term earlier today, and sure enough, all my skills and social ranks were gone.  Fortunately I had saved prior to leaving university.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2013, 05:32:51 PM »
Sims App Finder is quite a handy too. So far that I use that App the result was pretty accurate! It's make me easier to find some sims with the traits that I desired.

How do you get the Sims Finder App?

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2013, 05:35:02 PM »
My first impressions are very good. I had my sim start out as a Science/Medicine major, with a two-week term. I've played about a week and a half of the term, and she's made it to level six of the Nerds. She did some dumpster diving for a little extra cash, but now spends most of her free time studying and improving skills. She is living in the dorm, and the her roommates are okay, except that they leave dirty dishes and spoiled meals all over the place. In general, I'm really liking all the new features I've seen so far :)

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2013, 05:52:08 PM »
How do you get the Sims Finder App?

Just raise your sims Social Networking skill until certain level, it will be unlock itself. Sorry, but I forget which level it is.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2013, 06:00:23 PM »
My Sims haven't been to University yet but I am already impressed by a few things. The new CAS items for Elders and Children are pretty good. There needs to be a stuff pack for elders. I love all the buy mode objects to. The new easel looks really cool and one of the outdoor chairs remind me of my own. Only thing I haven't liked is how playing video games made three of my sims nerds.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Lexmechanic

• Nooboo
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2013, 07:38:18 PM »
4 - I had a lecture class on Tuesdays where they went to student union and sat for 2 hours.  But then on Thursday they had class activity where they all stand around the Science building and play with the skeletons.   One day is lecture and the other is class activity.  Sounds like you were at class activity.

So that's what I was supposed to do! I left my skeleton at home for the class activity day. =,= So my Sim was just standing there like a lemon and I thought she was supposed to go inside the building. I just ran off to the coffee shop after a bit. Now I know better, thanks! :D

Offline akeripper

• Nooboo
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2013, 08:10:15 PM »
a bit disappointing that this one have not acquired a plantsim yet

Offline SigBab

• Nooboo
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2013, 09:16:59 PM »
I think the game is overall pretty interesting. I enjoy trying to get in with all of the groups, and the protest topics are hilarious!

Did anyone else notice the strange routing for Sims entering the Busche School of Science? They all run to the SIDE of the building and then turn around and run to the entrance. I wonder what's going on with that.  ;D

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2013, 09:26:54 PM »
I noticed the strange routing issue too. But I know why they're doing it.

You see, after that diet of vending machine candy bars and soda, they're not wanting to gain any weight. They still have a few minutes before class, so they get those extra few steps in to help keep the weight down. Plus, their pedometer tells them they haven't reached their goals for the day.

That is all.

;D

Edit: Did University Life fix the age-reset of getting a tattoo? I got a tattoo on my test-wife to bring her age lower than her husband's. No change whatsoever.

Offline SigBab

• Nooboo
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2013, 12:00:29 AM »
My first impression of Uni is that it is very well-rounded. I think the "protest" topics for the Rebel group are hilarious, and I think it's really neat that if you successfully complete a 3-star protest, you are rewarded with something related to the topic. For example, you get an extra academic boost for the next couple of days if you complete a protest about tough grading.

I got a kick out of watching my first lecture class when I saw so many students falling asleep.
I thought the bonfires were boring and useless, until a Sim threw a test tube in it that must have had something awful in it, because everyone's hygiene tanked! That's certainly one way to crash a party!
I'm disappointed that the "School Cheer" is the same as it was in The Sims 2. It was nostalgic to hear it the first time, but after that, I found it pretty irritating.
Next time I move a Sim into a dorm, the first thing I'm going to do is delete the washer and dryer; college students leave their clothes everywhere!
I'm excited to see new plants/herbs in the game, and I can't wait to get a Gardener Sim game started up to grow all the new stuff.
I'm not impressed with the buy objects added to the game, but there's a few new hairstyles and clothing items that I really like.
I wish classes weren't Monday through Friday. Sims seem to get tired much faster now, and it feels like there's hardly time to juggle a Sim's social life and his schoolwork.
While at a party, my Sim rolled the Opportunity to "Cook Hamburgers on the Grill" to gain Jock Influence. I had him do so, and was warned that he was "acting inappropriately." I suppose it's because he was getting into someone else's fridge. He went through with it anyway, and everyone ate them. At the end of the party, the host thanked my Sim for ruining it! ;D

The following was apparently construed as a "technical issue" because of how I had worded it, and the fact that it's clearly a routing issue (and I do apologize for that). Therefore, my previous post was deleted in its entirety, which is perfectly understandable. But I was not posting it for that purpose and I am not seeking a resolution:

I sent a Sim to get a technology degree, and his first day of class, I watched 10 Sims in a row run to the side of the building and then immediately turn around and go back to the entrance for class, like a badelynge of ducklings. It impressed upon me amusement to see so many Simmies "get confused" about where to go for their first day of school. It reminded me of my first day of college, with no one knowing where the heck anything was!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2013, 02:24:30 AM »
When a sim is tutoring a child for schooling, it now apparently raises logic as well as grades.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2013, 02:45:44 AM »
When a sim is tutoring a child for schooling, it now apparently raises logic as well as grades.

I don't think that's new.

...her roommates are okay, except that they leave dirty dishes and spoiled meals all over the place.

Next time I move a Sim into a dorm, the first thing I'm going to do is delete the washer and dryer; college students leave their clothes everywhere!

Sounds fairly realistic!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

anything