Author Topic: University Life - First Impressions  (Read 139330 times)

Offline chaosmaster j

• Sims University Professor
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: University Life - First Impressions
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2013, 07:16:44 PM »
Yes, you can stick it under a counter.

It's weird because everyone is talking about routing issues at the student union, but for me it has always been super easy to get out for everyone. None of my roommates seems to have died of starvation either. And I have playing for 2 terms already.
At Sims University, we are scared by our mikes, 50% our students sleep in lectures, our students have fights over who gets to go through a door first, and students starve to death at a regular basis. Enroll NOW!

Chuckles_82

« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2013, 07:44:26 PM »

Third observation: all the social groups (nerds, rebels, and jocks) love the "goof around" interaction. If your sim has the "never dull" lifetime reward, getting to the tops of all three groups is pretty easy by just telling three or four jokes and then mashing the "goof around" interaction.

Thank you for the tip Mark :) That is very useful information!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2013, 11:23:20 PM »
Yes, you can stick it under a counter.

It's weird because everyone is talking about routing issues at the student union, but for me it has always been super easy to get out for everyone. None of my roommates seems to have died of starvation either. And I have playing for 2 terms already.

I'm not having these issues either.   The only issue I saw was the locals all getting jammed at graduation but I had my Sims down there playing hacky sack early due to lack of anything else to do.  They were some of the first ones to go in the building.   I've played several terms over several games.  No one has died and no one has been late to class because of door jams.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2013, 02:06:33 AM »
I never had an issue when roomates died from starvation either.
I can go attend the lecture too without late.

The only problem that I had is:
- When a first time graduation day come, I was panicked when I actually experience the same fate as what others stated.
- Second time when another sims in university, when my sims strangely can't attend the class. This is work again though when I do factory reset and start a fresh

I am fascinated and amazed with science skill that they included in this expansion pack! *sparkle eyes*
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Sans_Sanity

• Nooboo
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2013, 06:03:44 AM »
I've not had anyone starve to death yet - but I keep getting a bug where my hunger bar stays really low. I have wondered if some of the hungry roommates might have the same problem, as no amount of eating is shifting my negative moodlet (luckily saving and exiting then re-entering seems to fix it).

Overall though, it's a pretty fun EP - I just worry that it will almost start to feel mandatory for the extra traits/wage benefits; something that took a lot of fun out of it in TS2 for me.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2013, 06:35:25 AM »
I've not had anyone starve to death yet - but I keep getting a bug where my hunger bar stays really low. I have wondered if some of the hungry roommates might have the same problem, as no amount of eating is shifting my negative moodlet (luckily saving and exiting then re-entering seems to fix it).

I've had this problem too with hunger, bladder and hygiene. My sim will go to the toilet and take a shower before their lecture, but the bars don't move. All three become stuck and sometimes I have sent them to the toilet or to eat a candy bar 3 times or more but they move on their own later in the day. Luckily I don't seem to have this problem while outside of university.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2013, 07:48:34 AM »
I had the same problem with hunger -- a quick meal didn't move the bar at all, but eating an apple did.

I've discovered that you can buy comics at the bookstore, so you don't really have to place the comics shop.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2013, 09:50:17 AM »
I had the same problem with hunger -- a quick meal didn't move the bar at all, but eating an apple did.

I've discovered that you can buy comics at the bookstore, so you don't really have to place the comics shop.

You can buy them but can you sell them at the bookstore?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2013, 10:11:57 AM »
I don't know -- I'll have someone finish up a comic and see if she can sell it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2013, 10:21:29 AM »
Take your time.  I'm away from my Sims computer for a while today so I can't test it myself.   I also need to remember to look up if the Hobby Shop guy is a NPC or resident.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2013, 07:07:25 PM »
Could the hunger problem be related to a glitch with hunger strikes?

Offline chaosmaster j

• Sims University Professor
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2013, 11:12:08 PM »
I'm not having a big problem, but I did notice sometimes my Sim's motives wouldn't go up.
At Sims University, we are scared by our mikes, 50% our students sleep in lectures, our students have fights over who gets to go through a door first, and students starve to death at a regular basis. Enroll NOW!

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2013, 12:14:34 AM »
I'm loving University Life so far.  It was my favorite EP in the Sims 2, and I've been waiting for it ever since!

It's actually close for me whether I prefer University Life or Supernatural, and I didn't think I'd love Supernatural nearly as much as I do.  They're actually very complementary though, and they make gardening and managing collectibles super easy.  I don't like to use the motherlode cheat, but I don't mind finding other ways for fast skilling and moneymaking - all of which are aided by the collectibles and lack of need for sleep.

The fairy and witch from supernatural are perfect for growing/conjuring up alchemy ingredients.  With the bloom feature, I can have perfect plants of any kind nearly instantly in one generation.  The Queen of the Fae lifetime reward makes it so that I have nearly unlimited magic power.  The potent invigorating elixir and wish enhancing serum are must haves for my sims, and with the science research station from University Life, I'm able to have unlimited supplies of ingredients for those.

I used cheap ingredients from the grocery store to fulfill the challenge to make 150 alchemy elixirs so that for the rarer elixirs, I would always be able to make 3.  I chose the ones for essence of magic because it allowed my witch, especially, to train quickly without waiting for magic to naturally regenerate.

One problem my cook and alchemist sims had was being able to sort out ingredients so I didn't use some rarer ones in a recipe by accident just because it was in my personal inventory or in the fridge.  Being able to analyze and clone samples now allows me to keep a "collectibles bank" of specimens, especially of plants and fish, while being able to freely use the rest.  If I happen to use up something by accident now, I just clone one of my samples, then analyze another sample from it before planting or using it further.

I keep 2-3 samples of every collectible, and sometimes more of the more frequently used and rare items, in case of failure to clone.  (I don't know how often this occurs, but the one and only time I experienced it in tons of cloning was with my newfound plasma bug sample.  Yikes!  Fortunately, I had a few backups analyzed.)

Gardening with the indoor planters with seasons was glitchy for me at times, especially with the mushrooms.  I never tried it out after the first few dormant plants glitched in the university town, but in the home world I was able to garden if I simply planted a seed, let the dormant plant turn normal at 5am the next day, and then interacted with it normally.  Before, when I planted outside of summer and tried to make the dormant plants bloom, they just glitched out and never became harvestable again.

From University Life, growing a stock of perfect chamomile and basil is also a must for my sims.  Eating chamomile helps with faster skilling for 20 hours and is much easier than trying to complete the mixology challenge for the 6 hour skill gain drinks.  I got the Immunity LTRs so my sims can eat herbs without worry of sickness.  Basil is also good for increasing promotion and opportunity bonuses, but if I don't have time to grow a supply, the store-bought, nice quality variety is also acceptable since I usually eat it just before going to work or completing an opportunity.

My apologies for writing a book.  :D  I got so excited about the possibilities for my gardener/alchemist/chef sims that I wanted to share what I've discovered.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2013, 03:05:44 AM »
Wedding gifts are back! :D

Offline heatherliz2002

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2013, 09:11:34 AM »
I've had this problem too with hunger, bladder and hygiene. My sim will go to the toilet and take a shower before their lecture, but the bars don't move. All three become stuck and sometimes I have sent them to the toilet or to eat a candy bar 3 times or more but they move on their own later in the day. Luckily I don't seem to have this problem while outside of university.

I've had this same issue with hunger, bladder, and hygiene.  I was really nervous my sim was going to starve to death for a bit, but preparing a full meal (rather than a quick meal or something out of her inventory) saved the day.  As for the hygiene and bladder, it's just annoying to send them back to take care of those motives again... waste of time!

As far as selling comic books at the bookstore, I haven't tried it yet, but I did notice that there was a "sell" tab in the bookstore pop-up menu (like at the consignment store) that I don't remember seeing before... or it could have been there all along and I'm just not observant. ;-)

anything