Author Topic: University Life - First Impressions  (Read 138210 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: University Life - First Impressions
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 08:58:07 AM »
Regarding the credits -- my sim got a 400/400 in Fine Arts for 18 credits. I can't remember exactly, but she had 3 skill points each in guitar, piano, drums, and bass, about 5 points in painting, and 1 in cooking.

I've got a question -- I haven't been able to locate the Job Board. Has anyone found it yet?

I'm really enjoying this.

What traits did he/she have?

My download just finished then it's time for me to crunch some play time to give Metro all the information he needs.   Has anyone gotten a PlantSim yet?   I'm wondering if they're like aliens where they don't transfer via CAS.

Edit: Apparently Sims can't streak if there is a child somewhere within view.   Also noticed that a YA Sim just starting out may or may not get any credits towards a degree which can be harsh.   Both YA Sims I made in CAS came with a medium quality camera from WA as well which has never happened before. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline lunaura

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 02:07:17 PM »
I've not really started University Life yet, however I've installed it and all. I'm at the neighborhood pick list, having wanted to move to the university town and live there all the time, however there isn't one. I'm quite surprised, and thought that we were told it would be an actual neighborhood, but was also able to be reached like the WA countries.

EDIT: Is there any way to actually live there full time? That's what I'm most interested in, since we DO have University Towns in the world around us.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »
I've not really started University Life yet, however I've installed it and all. I'm at the neighborhood pick list, having wanted to move to the university town and live there all the time, however there isn't one. I'm quite surprised, and thought that we were told it would be an actual neighborhood, but was also able to be reached like the WA countries.

EDIT: Is there any way to actually live there full time? That's what I'm most interested in, since we DO have University Towns in the world around us.

Sims University works like China/France/Egypt.  In order to live there, you'll most likely need a mod to do it.  Unlike the WA worlds, it has some of the basic stores you find around Sunset Valley but you can't live there.  You will always travel there.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 03:12:53 PM »
I'm really liking it so far, I moved two sims into a Dorm, the dorms are surprisingly nice. One is doing a Physical Education degree, the other Communications.
On Mon Wed and Fri, they give a two hour break between classes, but that's not very long, my suggestion would be to keep some snacks and something fun like a kicky bag in your inventory, as your sims will not have enough time to go anywhere. Sleeping in class fills the energy bar extremely quickly, roughly an hour or so for a sim who has their energy bar completely in the red.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »
From this morning:

My sim, Eileen (evil, neurotic, green thumb, loves outdoors and heat), recently graduated with an "A" and took the aptitude test. She maxed her scores in arts and technology, but wanted to go into business (her LTW is to become Empress of Evil). She did receive a partial scholarship $1000 credit for tuition due, I believe, to being on the honor roll in high school. I opted for the medium load (12 credits a week) and a two-week term. When she arrived, she was given a variety of places to stay while studying: a same-sex dorm, a co-Ed dorm, a sorority (all rent free), or rent a place in town. I went with the sorority, picked my room, locked the doors to everyone but me, and settled in.

(Note: unlike WA, you can add things to your place in buy (and build?) mode. I upgraded the bed and added a water slide in the back yard.)

The 12-credit course load had me attending two classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (rabbit holes), a lecture on Tuesdays and a "lab" on Thursdays, where you work with your degree object. You also get a text book that you can read or study in your spare time. Eileen wanted to get in with the rebels, so started talking with the town rebels and getting to know them better. Soon enough she was handed a wall art kit and a megaphone, and added a couple of pieces of art to the town.

In the two-week term, you get Saturday and Sunday to explore the town, attend parties, the usual stuff. No studying is allowed (at least the student metric bar disappeared on the weekend).

Nearing the end of the second week, with exams coming up, our little rebel decided to write a cheat sheet from her text book, hoping she wouldn't get caught. Fortunately for her, her status with the rebels "leveled" right before her first exam, making it harder for her to get caught cheating. She got straight A's for both weeks of exams and got a Dean's List moodlet. Since she didn't head home until Saturday night at 9PM, she decided to celebrate by adding a little more art to the town. Unfortunately, she was busted by the cops, fined $1000 and brought back to the sorority. She attended one last kegger, asked her romantic interest to go steady, made a pass and got rejected, and headed home, 24 credits closer to her degree.

Tonight she heads back for more classes, but I think I'll use the light course load, to allow more time for social activities.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 06:56:52 PM »
I've been playing for a small bit now. I haven't gotten the mascot to drop off the supplies. How long does it take in your game?

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 07:04:35 PM »
How much influence do you need to unlock one of the new careers, the full amount for whichever group?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 07:16:19 PM »
I've been playing for a small bit now. I haven't gotten the mascot to drop off the supplies. How long does it take in your game?

I was impatient too, so I looked in the University Life collection in buy mode and found the University Welcome Kit available to purchase.  I forgot how much it was, but it is there.  Of course, as soon as I bought it, the mascot came and delivered me another one.  Lol.  This all happened in just a few sim hours of play, same sim day at least.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 08:18:31 PM »
Oh, something else: there's no hospital, so if your sim gets the sniffles while at university, you're just gonna have to suck it up.  ???

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 08:24:34 PM »
You could have your Sim get a flu shot before going to uni, at least during fall and winter. The shot is good for a year.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Storie Teller

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 09:59:12 PM »
I love the game but just as with WA, I have the bills in my inventory that can't be paid, can't be tossed. Once they appeared, the game glitched. *sighs* It's a great expansion--truly fantastic. I'll just have to wait for the update. :(

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 10:29:43 PM »
So I got my first PlantSim.   I had my favorite Sim Artie pull the fruit out of the ground and it gave me a baby boy!

Thorn GrimSmith

Now the strange part is that he is a clone of Artie who pulled him out of the ground.

Artie Grim

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 10:39:57 PM »
I don't get my copy till thursday (I'm in Australia) but in the meantime I have a question I'm hoping one of you can answer. Does the college world work like the WA worlds? As in, you go there, have to play through the time there with that sim(s) then come back - there is now way to leave the college halfway through the semester and go back and send more sims? Or is it like I'm hoping - more like other neighbourhoods in Sims 2 were like, were you can browse the various households in the college neighbourhood like you can at the home neighbourhood? I really want my college sims to interact with my other college sims (from the same neighbourhood) but if I'm stuck playing the sims I send for the semester then that won't be possible...

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 10:44:47 PM »
I don't get my copy till thursday (I'm in Australia) but in the meantime I have a question I'm hoping one of you can answer. Does the college world work like the WA worlds? As in, you go there, have to play through the time there with that sim(s) then come back - there is now way to leave the college halfway through the semester and go back and send more sims? Or is it like I'm hoping - more like other neighbourhoods in Sims 2 were like, were you can browse the various households in the college neighbourhood like you can at the home neighbourhood? I really want my college sims to interact with my other college sims (from the same neighbourhood) but if I'm stuck playing the sims I send for the semester then that won't be possible...

Yes it's just like going to China - limited time type of thing.  Leaving college halfway through a semester will actually make you lose all progress you had but you can choose between one or two terms.  One term is 1 week and 2 terms is 2 weeks.  Time sits still back home while your sims are away. 

Offline heatherliz2002

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 11:08:45 PM »
I'm enjoying University Life so far.  It seems to have a lot to offer, and since I've only played for about two hours I haven't tried out everything yet.  One thing I'm having a bit of an issue with is my sim's needs dropping ridiculously quickly.  It's almost impossible to get anything done because they are decaying so fast.  Other than that (which I'm sure is a glitch), it seems like a great expansion.  I was pretty entertained by several of the new social interactions.  My favorite is under "funny" you can show another sim a video of "internet cats" on your smartphone.

anything