Author Topic: University Life - First Impressions  (Read 138250 times)

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
Re: University Life - First Impressions
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2013, 11:31:48 PM »
Just to confirm something possibly no one was wondering about - you can build influence with a social group without even going to university. My teen is at level two with the Rebels and working on the next.

Also apparently once you hit level 2 with street art, you automatically put out a tip jar! (Though the next ground mural I did after thatI didn't see one, which might have been a small glitch because I also couldn't see what he was painting.) I haven't been caught yet despite having two murals in the library so far, among other places.

ETA: Okay yes that was a wee glitch, I can see it now (tagging out the back of city hall lol)

Offline Deborah

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2013, 12:19:06 AM »
My first impression of universiy was almost my sims last. On his second day of class. A meteor just missed him and there is still a dent in the pavement.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jaaaaks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2013, 12:28:12 AM »
Aaaand my sim's boyfriend just died of thirst. (Vampire.) I think they took the 'starving student' archetype a tad too far this time around...

In all seriousness, seems pretty good. The whole experience can kinda get a little gimmicky at times, in terms of the actual university stuff. I look forward to going back to the Scramble though (rubiks cube house I built) and starting a film career. Hopefully she can find a new occult sim to replace her ex...

The heat of the moment kiss interaction is very fun though. Can either be absolute bombing or a fun thrill. (and the ex was a great kisser too... too bad! If she maxes cooking, maybe she'll return one day and revive him.)

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2013, 06:19:29 AM »
I knew it that I will fall in love with this expansion!

Although at first I have some technical problem, but it was solved thanks to forum and the one who have same problem ;)

I haven't do much in the game, but I will and I want discovered it slowly  ;D
University life is so fun! There's lot of new interaction and for me who love that things
that's a w e s o m e.

Some interactions are funny to watch, like what those nerds do each others lol.

or what rebel do!

I love when my sims attend a lecture! Especially when my twins sit each other ;D

And I love too when my sims give a lecture and other sims take her/him seriously, it's like he/she is a real college proffesor  ;D
And it's benefit my other sims too that attend the college, because it's raise his/her skill through hear the lecture.

I think that's all for now, I can't wait to play it again ;D
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2013, 06:30:37 AM »
Pretty nasty bug involving the Browse Web and Stream Video actions with the Social Networking skill.

When you use either of those interactions, you get the Phone Junkie moodlet for +5 happiness points. You can increase the power of the moodlet to get it up to +40 by repeatedly streaming video and browsing the web. Here's where the bug kicks in, your sim doesn't actually benefit from those additional 35 happiness points. When the moodlet goes away however, your sim permanently loses those 35 happiness points. This means you can have your sim stuck with a full red happiness bar with no negative moodlets whatsoever.

The only method I've tested to fix this that has worked is traveling (to university for me but I'm sure the WA locations will work too). Resetsim doesn't work, getting a visit from the Grim Reaper while ranting about death didn't work. What I haven't tried is killing the sim completely and resurrecting him.

For those that want to raise this skill, try to avoid using those two interactions unless you plan on traveling.

As for the bills issue. Living in a dormitory seems to prevent this, but you may want to go into buy mode and delete all the parking spaces or use a broom if you have Supernatural. Your roommates can, and will, steal your car.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2013, 07:10:51 AM »
Eldridge - I removed your spoilers.   We don't use that code here because we don't hold information back.   People come here for information so we offer as much of it as possible.  Also please remember in the future that the forum rule is 5 pictures per post outside of the swap shop and story boards.

Pretty nasty bug involving the Browse Web and Stream Video actions with the Social Networking skill.

When you use either of those interactions, you get the Phone Junkie moodlet for +5 happiness points. You can increase the power of the moodlet to get it up to +40 by repeatedly streaming video and browsing the web. Here's where the bug kicks in, your sim doesn't actually benefit from those additional 35 happiness points. When the moodlet goes away however, your sim permanently loses those 35 happiness points. This means you can have your sim stuck with a full red happiness bar with no negative moodlets whatsoever.

The only method I've tested to fix this that has worked is traveling (to university for me but I'm sure the WA locations will work too). Resetsim doesn't work, getting a visit from the Grim Reaper while ranting about death didn't work. What I haven't tried is killing the sim completely and resurrecting him.

This reminds me of the bed comfort bug that still exists in the game.   The best way to clear that has always been to save and restart the game.   Sims always reset to their normal green plumbob if they have the mood for it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2013, 08:34:08 AM »
The heat of the moment kiss interaction is very fun though. Can either be absolute bombing or a fun thrill. (and the ex was a great kisser too... too bad! If she maxes cooking, maybe she'll return one day and revive him.)

Is this a player directed only thing or is it a bit like an inappropriate sim and they just do it autonomously at any moment to anyone? I feel intrigued and also slightly alarmed by it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2013, 08:36:44 AM »
Is this a player directed only thing or is it a bit like an inappropriate sim and they just do it autonomously at any moment to anyone? I feel intrigued and also slightly alarmed by it.

A heat of the moment kiss is always available under the romantic socials and can be done by anyone.    In order for it to be accepted, you might need some degree of friendship with the other person though.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2013, 08:47:56 AM »
Hmm that's what I feared, my self sim already has to fend her inappropriate father-in-law off and once I get Uni he will probably be even worse, it already got a bit worse after the attraction system came in  ::)

And her husband is a flirty great kisser, I see fun times ahead  :P

Still I'm looking forward to trying Uni once it arrives, no idea when that will be though.

Offline Jaaaaks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2013, 09:41:37 AM »
Hmm that's what I feared, my self sim already has to fend her inappropriate father-in-law off and once I get Uni he will probably be even worse, it already got a bit worse after the attraction system came in  ::)

And her husband is a flirty great kisser, I see fun times ahead  :P

Still I'm looking forward to trying Uni once it arrives, no idea when that will be though.

So far, no sims have autonomously tried to kiss my sim yet. I've been playing for about 5 hours strictly in the University. Can't say what will happen when she graduates.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2013, 10:02:06 AM »
Quite a good looking layout for the uni campus, I think. I went around in edit town mode to look at the various empty houses and dorms and they all look rather interesting. I thought the fraternity use of their garage was a nice touch. Haven't really played in University yet, but am looking forward to it.

Offline bijou243

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2013, 10:36:48 AM »
One thing I'm having a bit of an issue with is my sim's needs dropping ridiculously quickly.  It's almost impossible to get anything done because they are decaying so fast.
I was having the opposite problem - although not in the Uni town.  I was playing a family with 2 adults, 1 teen and 1 child.  The energy levels of the adults and teen NEVER dropped.  They stayed awake for several days straight before I really noticed (I was too busy discovering the new objects and interactions  ;D) I closed and restarted the game and the problem persisted so I reset them and they got tired as normal.  But if that happens in Uni, I may not fix it...how fun would college be if you never had to sleep?  Woo!  (I knew some people in college who thought they never needed to sleep but it didn't work out that well for them lol.) 

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2013, 10:56:13 AM »
I got the bills in inventory glitch as well upon returning home from University, except my Sim had been living in a Dorm while he was there, not a house. I have never had this glitch before, does it cause and problems? Or will the bills just sit there in his inventory?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2013, 11:12:56 AM »
Are you sure it's related to Uni and not just the old bug from the attraction system? I know the patch fixed the omni plants but I read the bill problem wasn't totally sorted by it. Perhaps make sure to get any mail before you go home same as if you were on vacation. They don't cause any problems though, just can't get rid of them which is annoying.

Offline Autumn Morning

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2013, 11:17:29 AM »
Yeah, I'm still having the bills from the mailbox issue just as before, nothing new. I'm glad the patch fixed the omni plant part of things though. I haven't found a way to clear them out without mods, unfortunately.

anything