Author Topic: Plant sims  (Read 120129 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Plant sims
« on: March 10, 2013, 11:17:19 PM »
I can't find a topic about them. I love different super naturals and wanted to learn about plant sims. I don't have the EP yet so what can you all tell me about them. Thanks.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Plant sims
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 11:31:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  There is some information about them in the First Impressions thread.

My experience with them so far is that PlantSims when harvested/picked from the ground by the forbidden fruit turn into a plant version of the person who picked them.  To become a PlantSim you have to eat a forbidden fruit or be turned into one by being a science test subject while at university  To get a forbidden fruit seed you need the science skill and it comes from gene splicing.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:25:10 AM »
Yesterday I've got my first plantsim and plant nooboo! I love it, the don't have to eat or go to the bathroom. They can talk in numerous ways to plants, even flirt with them lol. Everywhere they go, they leave a trail of flowers. It is really awesome! ;D

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 07:33:35 AM »
Does anyone know if plantsims can have babies the traditional way? As in, not through growing them, but with a partner?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 08:15:08 AM »
Does anyone know if plantsims can have babies the traditional way? As in, not through growing them, but with a partner?

PlantSims cannot become pregnant nor can they get someone pregnant.  Try for Baby will always produce a seed.  Genetics are not a part of the PlantSim coding.   

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 06:51:10 PM »
Try for baby produces a seed? Does that seed then grow into a plantsim that has genetics from both parents, or is it just a normal clone of the sim who planted it?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 06:52:56 PM »
Try for baby produces a seed? Does that seed then grow into a plantsim that has genetics from both parents, or is it just a normal clone of the sim who planted it?

As I've said it is just a clone of the sim who planted it.   I did a test and talked about it on the first impressions thread.  I had a normal Sim and a plantsim try for baby.  I planted the seed and then added the local papparazzi to the house.  The paparazzi harvested the seed and that plantSim baby was the pap's clone/child.  PlantSims don't have genetics just a life state.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 10:15:46 PM »
As I've said it is just a clone of the sim who planted it.   I did a test and talked about it on the first impressions thread.  I had a normal Sim and a plantsim try for baby.  I planted the seed and then added the local papparazzi to the house.  The paparazzi harvested the seed and that plantSim baby was the pap's clone/child.  PlantSims don't have genetics just a life state.
Does this mean that PlantSIms are banned from Life State Dynasties?
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 10:24:36 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn (I hadn't read your test on the other thread).
Pity - I'm not much into clones. Oh well. :)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 10:33:59 PM »
Does this mean that PlantSIms are banned from Life State Dynasties?

No, but with severe restrictions. Heirs can never be a PlantSim, spares can, and spouses can after they've provided a true heir.

These rules were recently posted on the Life States Dynasty thread itself. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Chuckles_82

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 11:07:52 PM »
Do plant sims have any special abilities, skills or needs? I remember reading that they need to stay hydrated, and soak up water in various ways, but that is all I know.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 04:20:29 AM »
Of course, they do! Although I haven't playing much about PlantSims, this is what I can tell you:

Special abilities:
1. You can access Photosynthesize interaction. This will recover Energy and Water needs for that PlantSims.
2. You gain two type of kiss as special interactions.
- Flower kiss: this will give the target an 'Obsessed' moodlet for 8 hour and this interaction is considered as flirty.
- Poison kiss: I notice that I can unlocked it when I have a sims as an enemy. For the plantsims itself will gain 'Hydrated' moodlet that can boost their mood +30. For the victim they will have 'Poisoned' moodlet that last for 3 hours and suffer their mood for -25.
3. They can 'Commune with Plant'. The option that you can get:
- Ask About Day
- Get To Know
- Compliment
- Imply Mother Was Acorn
- Flirt

And it's seems the plant is talking back too to them. It's kinda creeped me out (look at plant not plantsims).
I don't know about what effect that can give them. Maybe somebody could point this out?
4. When they are walking around there's seem to have a special effect, like a trail of flowers.
5. I don't know if this can be called a special abilities, but others say when PlantSims try a baby they produces seed.

Skills: Don't know yet, so I can't say much.

Needs: Their Hunger and Bladder don't decay. The new one is Water.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 07:52:47 AM »
PlantSims cannot become pregnant nor can they get someone pregnant.  Try for Baby will always produce a seed.  Genetics are not a part of the PlantSim coding.

[edit - proven to be caused by a mod - claim retracted! :-[ ]

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 08:05:47 AM »
This is actually false.  Plant sims can get a regular sim pregnant, as has just happened in my game.  So I speculate that it is like with other exotics, where there is a chance for a regular sim child, or a plant sim seed to be created - but further experimenting needs to be done before we can be sure with any confidence.

I tried with 2 couples to get pregnant 8 times each and every time was with a seed.   Do you use mods?  Which was the plantSim the male or female as I used both.

edit: I just used a male PlantSim and a normal female Sim.   No supernaturalness involved at all.   I had them do nothing but try for baby over a 48 hour period and they both had fertility treatment.  She's not pregnant but she does have 97 forbidden fruit seeds.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 08:21:19 AM »
The male was the plant sim, the female the regular sim.

I do use a few of Twallan's mods.  I guess it is possible they affect reproduction some how - I'll have to do some experiments.

Did you try with a female regular sim?

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 08:42:21 AM »
My apologies Ricalynn.  In a mod free game, you're right, it always seems to produce a seed - at least in the 10-15 tries I have just attempted.  So the culprit for my earlier pregnancy, must be one of Twallon's mods.

Please ignore/delete my earlier post.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 08:50:04 AM »
You're fine.  I love twallan's mods for reasons just like that circumstance but I had to thoroughly test PlantSims for the viability in the dynasties.   I spent two days alone working on PlantSims trying to figure out their advantages, disadvantages and possibilities.   It saddens me that they only produce seeds but that's how EA wanted it. 

Offline rarespawn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 02:47:53 PM »
I've been trying to figure out if plant sims age like normal sims, but I can't seem to find that info anywhere.  Does anybody know?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 03:11:34 PM »
Yes their lifespan is whatever you have it for normal Sims.

Offline babynixie

• Nooboo
Plantsim?
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 12:14:57 AM »
Okay so I just downloaded this game the other day and I have no clue what I did but i decided to let my sim be a "science test" and she ended up becoming a plantsim i think is what they call it. D: I want her back to human and have no clue how to do so please help!!!!!!

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Plantsim?
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 02:44:18 AM »
You can cure your plantsim at the Science Facility for 3000 simoleons,  by creating "Super Spice" with the Science Research station, or throw a Potent Cure Elixir at them.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 09:55:31 AM »

I found another interesting thing yesterday.

At college my Sim had her boyfriend living with her in a rented house. She planted and harvested four Plant Sims.

When it came time to go home a little message popped up saying that there were not enough Sims to carry the little ones and they would have to be left behind. So I thought two of them would be there when she went back to finish her credits.

Once they got back to their home town a little message popped up asking if I wanted to get a baby sitter to carry the other little ones. I said yes both times the message popped up. When my Sim got to her house in her home town there they were, all four of the little Plant Sims on the floor in her house.

I was very surprised that the game came up with this solution.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 10:00:02 AM »
That's interesting.   University and in a WA world are the only worlds you're not supposed to get a PlantSim.   Do you use Mods?

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 10:04:02 AM »
Does anyone have pictures of PlantSims at various ages? If so, could someone post them?
I've beem dying to know what they look like.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 11:09:03 AM »
That's interesting.   University and in a WA world are the only worlds you're not supposed to get a PlantSim.   Do you use Mods?

Was that about my post?

Right at the moment all I have installed are Overwatch and Error trap. They keep my game from crashing when I go into CAS.

As far as growing Plant Sims though, I was able to do that before I put any mods back in my game. So far I've grown five Plant Sim babies.

Four were boys, one was a girl. Four were grown in her garden (three boys and one girl) and one in a pot inside her house during the winter.

Another interesting thing. I bought a Bonehilda to be in the house with the babies while my Sims attended classes. She would do all the housework duties she was supposed to do but she refused to pick up the babies. She would stand beside the crib and look at them but not pick them up.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 11:15:31 AM »
Yeah it was in response to your test.    You're not living in a dorm are you?  Just a normal house?

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2013, 11:22:42 AM »
Yeah it was in response to your test.    You're not living in a dorm are you?  Just a normal house?

She's renting that one bedroom house closest to the campus.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 11:28:12 AM »
Where do you get the special seeds to plant Plant Sims.  Is it only in the University town or can you find it in other EA towns?  I'm playing Moonlight Falls and my fairy sim (and mother to 10) wanted a special seed to get a Plant Sim but I don't know where to get it.   Unless I send her to university to get one?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2013, 11:29:20 AM »
That could be the difference between my tests and yours.  Thanks RunAmok!  I never even thought of that.    So yeah planting forbidden fruit has a 100% rate of being a baby unless you live in a full house or with a full house of roommates .

@Cndneh - I've gotten them from gene splicing on the science machine.  You can also get them from woohooing with a plantSim which will rarely show up in town. 

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 11:46:39 AM »
Where do you get the special seeds to plant Plant Sims.  Is it only in the University town or can you find it in other EA towns?  I'm playing Moonlight Falls and my fairy sim (and mother to 10) wanted a special seed to get a Plant Sim but I don't know where to get it.   Unless I send her to university to get one?

My Sim has maxed out science and gardening. She also has the collection helper LTR. So far I haven't found any forbidden fruit seeds laying around the UL town, and I've really looked.  She's gotten all her seeds from gene splicing experiments.

She's gotten FF seeds from common seeds (like apples,tomatoes and lettuce), rare seeds and special seeds. There doesn't seem to be any particular seed that works better than others. Sometimes I'll have her use the same seed over and over until she gets a FF seed.

I've also noticed that not all seeds can be used. At times she's had 40 0r 50 seeds in her inventory and not all of them show up on the menu at the science machine. I can't remember which ones they are. I think pumpkin seeds and mandrake are a couple of them. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 11:52:49 AM »
There is a list of seeds that can't be used in the science research station in the coding.   Unfortunately I don't have access to that list but it's all the mushrooms & plants that came with Supernatural, and any fairly large harvestable.  Pumpkins, wonderpetals (huge! flowers) are among the few.  So the seeds to be could be any of these and it won't accept it as you can't use those items at all in the station.

edit: Found coding --

<kIngredientBlacklist value="Pumpkin, Pumpkin Vine, Pomelo, Cherries, VampireFruit, Glow Orbs, Spotlight Mushrooms, Red Toadstools, Mycenas, Mandrake, Red Valerian, Wolfsbane, Ginseng, Wonderpetal, Buzzberry, Pomelo Tree, Cherry Tree, Vampire Plant, Ginseng Plant, Wonderpetal Plant, Buzzberry Plant">
      <!--Description:  Array of Ingredient names that are blocked from being cloned or experimented on.-->

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »
That could be the difference between my tests and yours.  Thanks RunAmok!  I never even thought of that.    So yeah planting forbidden fruit has a 100% rate of being a baby unless you live in a full house or with a full house of roommates .

Yes, you also need to have room for a baby Plant Sim in your home town household.

I have another thing to test further also. During her first term my Sim was abducted by an alien. I used testing cheats to add the alien to her UL household. I maxed out the alien's gardening skills but when she tried to harvest the FF plant she got the fruit instead of a baby Sim. I don't know if it was just because she was an alien or not.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 06:22:38 AM »
I'm guessing that the state of the plant itself when time to harvest has an effect on traits.

After completing my Life States Dynasty, I had Hél plant some forbidden seeds. Then I sent Amaterasu out to do Bloom on them. On one of them, the Bloom backfired, dropping quality from Very Nice to Horrifying. However, this one was harvestable and the fruit could be picked - the others, while saying Harvest, weren't. So my very first plantsim is a little girl who loves the Hot Pink color, but...is Evil and Grumpy. ;D

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 04:09:06 PM »
I'm guessing that the state of the plant itself when time to harvest has an effect on traits.

After completing my Life States Dynasty, I had Hél plant some forbidden seeds. Then I sent Amaterasu out to do Bloom on them. On one of them, the Bloom backfired, dropping quality from Very Nice to Horrifying. However, this one was harvestable and the fruit could be picked - the others, while saying Harvest, weren't. So my very first plantsim is a little girl who loves the Hot Pink color, but...is Evil and Grumpy. ;D

I'm not positive that the quality of the plant has anything to do with the traits. My Sim has been growing perfect quality plants and the plant babies haven't been coming with what I would call the best traits.  So far she's harvested six of them.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 04:39:08 PM »
Here's the coding for HarvestingForbiddenFruit.

<kChanceToHavePlantSimBaby value="1">
      <!--Chance to have a Plant Sim baby-->
    </kChanceToHavePlantSimBaby>
    <kGoodTraits value="GreenThumb, LovesTheOutdoors, Athletic, Good">
      <!--Good Traits-->
    </kGoodTraits>
    <kNormalTraits value="CouchPotato, Brave, Friendly">
      <!--Normal Traits-->
    </kNormalTraits>
    <kEvilTraits value="Evil, DislikesChildren, Grumpy">
      <!--Evil Traits-->
    </kEvilTraits>

I think these are the only traits the plantSim babies will have upon harvesting.  It also shows how harvesting is always a 100% chance for a baby.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »
<kIngredientBlacklist value="Pumpkin, Pumpkin Vine, Pomelo, Cherries, VampireFruit, Glow Orbs, Spotlight Mushrooms, Red Toadstools, Mycenas, Mandrake, Red Valerian, Wolfsbane, Ginseng, Wonderpetal, Buzzberry, Pomelo Tree, Cherry Tree, Vampire Plant, Ginseng Plant, Wonderpetal Plant, Buzzberry Plant">
      <!--Description:  Array of Ingredient names that are blocked from being cloned or experimented on.-->

That's interesting, but I was able to analyze for samples and clone pumpkin, spotlight mushrooms, red toadstools, mycenas, mandrake, red valerian, wolfsbane, ginseng, wonderpetal, buzzberry at least.  Maybe you just can't experiment with those with gene-splicing.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2013, 07:05:58 PM »
That's interesting, but I was able to analyze for samples and clone pumpkin, spotlight mushrooms, red toadstools, mycenas, mandrake, red valerian, wolfsbane, ginseng, wonderpetal, buzzberry at least.  Maybe you just can't experiment with those with gene-splicing.

Are you absolutely certain?  I can't gene splice, I can't experiment on any of them using the machine.  I can take samples all I want while they are on the ground or wherever.   I cannot use their seeds or anything when it comes to the machine.

Do you use mods?

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 08:30:53 PM »
I have planted numerous FF seeds and actual pieces of fruit, and I have not gotten a single plant sim baby. Is there something I'm missing...that I'm not doing?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 08:35:02 PM »
I have planted numerous FF seeds and actual pieces of fruit, and I have not gotten a single plant sim baby. Is there something I'm missing...that I'm not doing?

Do you have a full household with roommates?  Roommates count towards the household total.   Do you use a mod that might have change the percentage?

Offline Taeillie

• Nooboo
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 08:51:10 PM »
My Sim has maxed out science and gardening. She also has the collection helper LTR. So far I haven't found any forbidden fruit seeds laying around the UL town, and I've really looked.  She's gotten all her seeds from gene splicing experiments.

I happened to come across a forbidden fruit lying on the ground while my Sim was walking around the Senior Lake Park area in UL town. When I clicked on the fruit, it only had the option to plant it but the option was shaded. The fruit can't be picked up at all. My Sim was able to analyze it though(she was at a Science skill level 5 at that time), when she got to Science skill level 9 she was able to clone the forbidden fruit sample and produce a fruit from it.  She was able to get a lot of forbidden fruits from analyzing and then cloning the samples. All thanks to that one fruit found on the ground.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »

Also, make sure you aren't using Harvest/Tend Garden, nor the Harvester. Those will pull just the fruit (I lost the first plantsim baby to the Harvester). The option, I believe, is Pick Forbidden Fruit.

Offline gmyers2486

• Nooboo
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 10:13:48 PM »
I have figured out how to get a Plantbaby, now I want to try to turn my Adult sim into one... Any suggestions?  I thought I would be able to eat a forbidden fruit but since I got a Plantbaby instead that won't work...

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2013, 10:32:11 PM »
Use one of the above suggestions for getting an actual fruit and that will turn your Sim or have them be a science test subject while at Uni and that has the low chance of turning them into one.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2013, 11:06:19 PM »
Are you absolutely certain?  I can't gene splice, I can't experiment on any of them using the machine.  I can take samples all I want while they are on the ground or wherever.   I cannot use their seeds or anything when it comes to the machine.

Do you use mods?

I don't use any mods.  I haven't tried experimenting with any of those, but for all of those I was able to analyze the plant to get a sample, and then clone the sample to get a copy of the original plant back.

Offline addisoncat

• Nooboo
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 01:59:22 AM »
I had a half alien who tried to get a plant sim baby. He got two but after he picked them they turned into regular alien babies. I guess aliens can't have plant sim babies?

I had a human woman try next and she got two plant sim babies on her first try.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 12:44:20 PM »
When you pick forbidden fruit, can you get twins?  Do fertility treatments and such like take effect when you pick them?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 12:53:36 PM »
No.  It's one baby per plant.  The reason for this is because that little sprout you see at the top of the fruit is their head.  No way it can turn into two.

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 01:05:16 PM »
Thank you Shirin! That must be what I'm doing wrong. I just have my sims "Tend Garden." As soon as winter is over, I'll try the "Pick Fruit" option. :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2013, 02:18:19 PM »
Most welcome!

Easiest way to do it, pick the fruit (you'll get the notification that you've just adopted a plantsim), and then afterwards, you can go about tending the garden if you want.

JessieJJJ

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2013, 02:32:10 PM »
Just to let people know... There is a forbidden fruit seed at Llama beach in University Life world. I saw it on a video.

Jessie

Offline batsrcool

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 08:56:17 PM »
Does anyone know if PlantSims that are grown from Forbidden Fruit count towards the Monster Maker LTW total?

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »
Just to let people know... There is a forbidden fruit seed at Llama beach in University Life world. I saw it on a video.

Jessie

I can confirm this, though I couldn't pick it up, it just said "plant here" (and I wasn't level 7), I also have 8 people in the household so I can't add to it. :( 

Does anyone know if PlantSims that are grown from Forbidden Fruit count towards the Monster Maker LTW total?

Great Question!  I'm interested in an answer as well. 

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 02:21:39 PM »
I did not know if you do not potty train a plantsim (but they do learn to walk/talk), you get only "moderate" success and a trait is autochosen.

Kind of seems weird to me. "Well, babydoll, I know you don't go potty, but let's learn how anyway!"

Also walking toddlers with flower trails are just adorable!

Edit: How is this not adorable? This is Flora, the daughter of Hél Hendrix in my Life States Dynasty (she is Evil and Grumpy, which makes this even more darling, as she leaves a trail of flowers in her evil wake)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2013, 03:24:01 AM »
I must say, Flora looks evil in that photo. She looks like she is revenge-seeking.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2013, 10:54:29 AM »
Ha! Teenage Flora is worse. ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2013, 12:08:02 AM »
Ok so I was curious as to what would happen if I took my favorite pair of Sims at the moment and had them eat Forbidden Fruit.   They ate the fruit and got a 4 hour moodlet which if taken to the science lab could have been treated.  I didn't treat them.

I give you Artie Grim & Hebe Smith.    Artie and Hebe have both completed their own dynasties.   Artie became blue from red and Hebe red from Blue.   They also got hair that wasn't just green like all my previous experience which is cool.   

Here are some more pictures of PlantSims.   Sorry about the light on some of them.   Daylight left really quick and I didn't realize how dark they were until I looked just now.

Artie pre fruit pulling up his son Artoo.

Artoo as a toddler.  All PlantSims look the same for me with a leaf diaper and no hair.

Artoo & his cousin Poppy Smith aging up.  Poppy looked exactly the same as a YA.

PlantSims can wear normal clothes but not all the leaves you see are from their clothes. This is Artoo YA with a bathing suit on and you can see a lot of his leafyness is actually his skin.

The garden as it were.   Poppy Smith, Hebe Smith, Arthree (front), Thorn Grim (back), Artie Grim, Artoo Grim, Daisy Grim

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2013, 04:12:59 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn for those pictures! I've been involved with my own plantsim quest and I should be able to get my first plantsim baby the next time I load my game. I was really wondering what they'd look like. :)

Louise56

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2013, 02:38:46 PM »
I did have a bit of a bug with my plantsim. When she returned from college she had normal motives and was like a normal sim.
I sent her back to University and she is a plantsim again. I hope she stay that way.

Offline Ilovedoves_1989

• Nooboo
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2013, 10:06:46 PM »
I discovered a way to determine the gender of a plantsim baby. when you fertilize the plant, fertilize with an apple for a girl, and a watermelon for a boy. these fruits do the same for pregnancy, except you eat as many as you can, if you get the stuffed moodlet, just use control- click on the moodlet in the moodlet box,  after typing TestingCheatsenabled true into the cheats console that is.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2013, 10:08:41 PM »
I discovered a way to determine the gender of a plantsim baby. when you fertilize the plant, fertilize with an apple for a girl, and a watermelon for a boy. these fruits do the same for pregnancy, except you eat as many as you can, if you get the stuffed moodlet, just use control- click on the moodlet in the moodlet box,  after typing TestingCheatsenabled true into the cheats console that is.

Whoa, really?? *runs off to test the gender of plantsims*

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2013, 10:08:41 PM »

Welcome to the forum but I think you mean apple for boy and watermelon for girl if they work the same as pregnancy.   Apples have stems like little boys. ;)

Offline Ilovedoves_1989

• Nooboo
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2013, 10:20:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum but I think you mean apple for boy and watermelon for girl if they work the same as pregnancy.   Apples have stems like little boys. ;)
hmm, apparently, it must be the other way around for plantsims, because I fertilized with an apple and got a girl (one of 5 girls in a family of 7 kids, the first of the 7 was a boy.)  then for child number 7, I fertilized with a watermelon and got a boy.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2013, 10:21:57 PM »
I'm actually running a test right now, once I speed-3 through the week or so, I'll let you know :)

Edit: Will post results hopefully tomorrow - my game's decided to go glitchy on me :(

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2013, 01:04:33 PM »
I've been wondering, and don't know if its been asked yet, will a vegetarian vampire still get sick if they feed from a plant sim?

Offline Tytytyler4

• Nooboo
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »
I really want a PlantSim, but everytime I do, I mess up and plant it instead of eating it. Also I'm getting kind of confused with what to do, as loads of other people are saying it hasn't worked for them, while others have said it has. I need to know for certain how to get PlantSims, or I'll explode ;). Also, I can't find seeds, and I've tried the gardening skill thing, and all the seeds go before I get the Forbidden Fruit, or I end up planting it instead. I need help to figure out how to get them exactly, and how to find seeds on an easier way, because mostly I just find mushrooms and rocks. Please someone reply, as I'm new here and want so help. Please ::)

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2013, 03:39:25 PM »
Level up the Science skill, and do the gene splicing experiment with any random seed. Provided the experiment doesn't fail, you'll get a forbidden fruit seed. I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong, but getting a forbidden fruit is bugged, and you'll always harvest a PlantSim baby until your household is full. Harvesting the plant with 8 Sims in a house (or total of 10 inc. pets, of course) will give you the fruit that you can then clone/eat.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2013, 03:57:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum Tytytyler.

Have you read Carl's Guide to PlantSims & Forbidden Fruit?  There is a lot of helpful info that can be found on the guide and I think it would help you.

Offline Noocherenee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2013, 09:57:50 PM »
This is my first plant sim.  Can anyone tell me how you photosynthesis a puddle?  I am working on the achievements and I don't see an option to absorb a puddle or anything like that. 

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2013, 09:15:58 AM »
Hi, guys, I have a question. So, I made the forbidden fruit with my scientist, so far so good. But my lvl 8 gardner can't plant it. He doesn't even get the greyed out option like my scientist does. Anybody know what's going on with that?

Offline kukupecpec

• Nooboo
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2014, 02:43:17 AM »
My plant sim (male) is married to an alien. His alien wife has the want "have baby with (her husband)"
If they havest a forbidden fruit baby will that satisfy that want?
What about if she "trys for baby" with someone ELSE, can that baby fulfil that want or does it have to be FROM the husband?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2014, 04:07:55 AM »
My plant sim (male) is married to an alien. His alien wife has the want "have baby with (her husband)"
If they havest a forbidden fruit baby will that satisfy that want?
What about if she "trys for baby" with someone ELSE, can that baby fulfil that want or does it have to be FROM the husband?

Welcome to our Forum.

I can say for sure that the wife needs to have the baby with the husband for it to fulfill the wish, not with someone else.  I don't know for sure about harvesting a forbidden fruit baby.  Do you get the option to try for baby with these two?  A female plant Sim will get the seed in her inventory after trying for a baby.  But I don't know about a male plant Sim.  Hopefully someone else will be along soon who can give you a better answer.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline kukupecpec

• Nooboo
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2014, 11:55:50 AM »
Welcome to our Forum.

I can say for sure that the wife needs to have the baby with the husband for it to fulfill the wish, not with someone else.  I don't know for sure about harvesting a forbidden fruit baby.  Do you get the option to try for baby with these two?  A female plant Sim will get the seed in her inventory after trying for a baby.  But I don't know about a male plant Sim.  Hopefully someone else will be along soon who can give you a better answer.

Ok so I tried planting a forbidden fruit but that didn't work =(
I sent him to the science center and had him cured, he got her pregnant, and now I want to turn him back into a plant sim but I'm not getting the option to EAT the fruit. Is there a difference between a forbidden fruit and a forbidden fruit SEED? Both the things in his inventory say forbidden fruit SEED. Maybe that's why he can't eat them?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2014, 04:24:16 AM »
Yes, there's a difference.  Seeds don't always produce babies, but produce just the fruit.  This is what you Sim needs to eat.  However, I don't know if you can tell the difference before harvesting the plant, so you might end up with more plant babies than you want.  Like I said earlier, it's been awhile since I played with plant Sims.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline seakissed

• Townie
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2014, 01:55:45 AM »
Has anyone run tests on regular sims with male plant sims? I tried and the game seemed to be acting like the sim lady got pregnant (I can't send her to university), which from what I've read here probably shouldn't have been what happened? I also really want to know if one tries for baby with another sim (not in household) whos inventory will the seed appear in?

I appreciate the help, I'm looking into doing a twist on the 100 baby challenge by having my male plant sim produce all of his young himself (through alien and plantsim birth) but this pregnancy is a real hiccup in my plan :S

Offline SpeaksWithSpirits

• Nooboo
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2014, 03:42:24 PM »
Was that about my post?

Right at the moment all I have installed are Overwatch and Error trap. They keep my game from crashing when I go into CAS.

As far as growing Plant Sims though, I was able to do that before I put any mods back in my game. So far I've grown five Plant Sim babies.

Four were boys, one was a girl. Four were grown in her garden (three boys and one girl) and one in a pot inside her house during the winter.

Another interesting thing. I bought a Bonehilda to be in the house with the babies while my Sims attended classes. She would do all the housework duties she was supposed to do but she refused to pick up the babies. She would stand beside the crib and look at them but not pick them up.

The same thing happened with me for ANY of the babies my sims had. If I had the baby or toddler as the active sim I could get a notice that they were going to be picked up by bonehilda but she would just stand there and then the notice would disappear.

Offline zombiejuggalo

• Nooboo
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2017, 03:03:27 AM »
Of course, they do! Although I haven't playing much about PlantSims, this is what I can tell you:

Special abilities:
1. You can access Photosynthesize interaction. This will recover Energy and Water needs for that PlantSims.
2. You gain two type of kiss as special interactions.
- Flower kiss: this will give the target an 'Obsessed' moodlet for 8 hour and this interaction is considered as flirty.
- Poison kiss: I notice that I can unlocked it when I have a sims as an enemy. For the plantsims itself will gain 'Hydrated' moodlet that can boost their mood +30. For the victim they will have 'Poisoned' moodlet that last for 3 hours and suffer their mood for -25.
3. They can 'Commune with Plant'. The option that you can get:
- Ask About Day
- Get To Know
- Compliment
- Imply Mother Was Acorn
- Flirt

And it's seems the plant is talking back too to them. It's kinda creeped me out (look at plant not plantsims).
I don't know about what effect that can give them. Maybe somebody could point this out?
4. When they are walking around there's seem to have a special effect, like a trail of flowers.
5. I don't know if this can be called a special abilities, but others say when PlantSims try a baby they produces seed.

Skills: Don't know yet, so I can't say much.

Needs: Their Hunger and Bladder don't decay. The new one is Water.
Probably covered already but plant sims gain science and gardening skills faster. I've found it useless as I have usually maxed my science skill and done the botanical experiment until I got the forbidden fruit, gardening? Eh never been a fan of it especially since on ts3 ( 360 ) my sim aged to an elder and fell over dead after harvesting ( level 5 across 3 life stages )

anything