Author Topic: Former Ghost Can't Marry  (Read 5521 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Former Ghost Can't Marry
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:38:03 PM »
I restored a ghost to life using the Reanimation and Sunlight spells (Witch, Supernatural) and invited her to move in. A member of my household then attempted to woo her, and they became boyfriend-girlfriend and had a full relationship bar. However, the option to Propose Marriage never showed up.

They took a family trip to China, at which point my household member broke up with the former ghost and, upon re-romancing her, finally received the option to Propose Marriage. However, when they returned home, the option disappeared, despite my breaking them up again.

Does anyone know how to fix this error? I'm planning to have them travel again, just to see if they can marry successfully while on vacation.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
Re: Former Ghost Can't Marry
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:18:54 PM »
Just to check - is their relationship good? Any funky traits on one or the other part? Can the proposal go the other way? - even if they end up with the wrong last name by default, you can fix it.

...or, yeah, see if you can get married on vacation. But save before you go, because this sounds like a big risk for glitches.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 09:46:08 PM »
Just to check - is their relationship good? Any funky traits on one or the other part? Can the proposal go the other way? - even if they end up with the wrong last name by default, you can fix it.

...or, yeah, see if you can get married on vacation. But save before you go, because this sounds like a big risk for glitches.

They managed to marry on vacation (can't wait to see what glitches this produces!) but now it seems like she's having trouble getting pregnant . . . sigh. Fingers crossed I just missed the chimes!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 09:57:37 PM »
She won't have pregnancy symptoms until you come home.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 10:04:39 PM »
She won't have pregnancy symptoms until you come home.

Yes, and we still have 13 days left until vacation ends . . . 13 days of sweet, sweet suspense . . .

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 10:37:37 PM »
Actually the fastest way to find out if she's pregnant is to pop on Testingcheatsenabled true and then try to edit her in CAS.   This option won't show up for pregnant females.  Don't actually edit her, just see if the option is there.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 11:35:01 PM »
Actually the fastest way to find out if she's pregnant is to pop on Testingcheatsenabled true and then try to edit her in CAS.   This option won't show up for pregnant females.  Don't actually edit her, just see if the option is there.

Thanks! That was really stressing me out . . . now, I'm off to see if I have a pregnant sim!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 09:22:21 AM »
Is there any other way besides going on vacation? I have reason to believe that my Sims are unable to go on vacation.

By samoht04

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 09:32:05 AM »
I'm not sure if this applies to outside the household ghosts, but I know when one of my married sims die their relationship with their spouse always turns back to engaged.  If that ghost permanently rejoins the household both of them show as engaged but neither will ever get the option to marry each other.  I wonder if this situation has anything to do with what you're experiencing (perhaps the ghosts had been married/engaged/going steady before death and the game sees them as both unattached and attached?)

Perhaps there's a way to make sure the ghost is free and clear of romantic attachments using the Clean Slate LTR or maybe a high enough social networking skill.  It might also be worth a try to have the ghost break up with the sim they can't marry then try taking them through the romantic interest - going steady - engaged process again. 

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 04:40:48 PM »
I know for sure this Sim was unattached before death. And they can't even get engaged.

By samoht04

anything