Author Topic: Which study items also raise skills?  (Read 6442 times)

Chuckles_82

Which study items also raise skills?
« on: April 23, 2013, 07:48:53 AM »
I'm working out which items I still need to place in my skill house, and I was wondering which ones raise skills?

sketch pad - painting skill
street art kit - duh - street art skill
podium - charisma skill

megaphone ?
whiteboard ?
business planner ?
anatomy skeleton ?
mobile radio station ?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Which study items also raise skills?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:18:59 AM »
The brain enhancer that the technology student gets will raise quite a few skills. I think it's the base game skills plus photography and even martial arts.

I think it's possible that writing equations on the whiteboard will raise logic, but I'm not positive.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:31:20 AM »
The whiteboard raises something, I'm sure of that, but can't remember what.  It might possibly raise more than one skill. There's options for using it, like writing equations (logic?) or creating sports plays (athletic? charisma?).

I think the business planner might raise charisma, but it's been a while since I played a business student who actually studied with it.

I don't think the brain enhancer raises logic or science.  It does have a huge list of skills.  Chuckles, if you send a sim to check the options available, make sure they don't have any maxed skills.  The machine won't show the option to raise skills that are already maxed out.

Offline bijou243

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 10:37:00 AM »
The anatomy skeleton raises the science skill.  I wasn't sure about that until I had a student using it at home (not just in class) and got the "Angelica has reached Level 3 of the Science skill" message. 

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 12:09:37 PM »
My two Fine Arts students raised both Street Art and Painting skills with the Sketchpad, but only one at a time. For example, first time using it they got painting, the next time they got street art, or vise versa I can't remember. They were both at university at the time and I haven't had a chance to use the sketchpad at home yet to see if it works the same way.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 01:57:42 AM »
Using the megaphone raises rebel influence, but not sure if it raises any skill of itself. Some of the actions (loud introduction) could maybe raise charisma.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 02:32:59 AM »
Musical instruments also increase the fine arts. But not if you've already reached level 10.

The white board can be used for both street art and business plan presentations.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 03:17:04 AM »
The whiteboard raises something, I'm sure of that, but can't remember what.  It might possibly raise more than one skill. There's options for using it, like writing equations (logic?) or creating sports plays (athletic? charisma?).

Those increase influence with their respective groups - Nerd and Jock. I don't think that they raise any other skills.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 06:51:44 AM »
The science machine -- not the skeleton you get as a freebie, but the one you put seeds in -- will raise the science skill.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 07:32:41 AM »
Also, skilling up marital arts any way (sparring, training dummy, breaking blocks and even meditating) raises performance if you're studying the sports

Offline aevenstar

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 08:37:57 AM »
Can I just say how much I love autocorrect? Turning 'training dummy' into a MARITAL art not martial-been married 9 years and it definitely is an art!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 07:09:14 AM »
Can I just say how much I love autocorrect? Turning 'training dummy' into a MARITAL art not martial-been married 9 years and it definitely is an art!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there aevenstar, welcome to the forum. :)

Just so you know, we prefer that all posts be on topic and add something to the discussion; also, this thread is a year old. ;)

anything