Author Topic: How do you make the Swiftgro Gardening Station work?  (Read 24411 times)

Offline Mak08642

• Nooboo
How do you make the Swiftgro Gardening Station work?
« on: May 10, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »
How do you make the gardening station work?  How long does it take to make the compost?  Any tips would be greatly apperciated.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: How do you make the Swiftgro Gardening Station work?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 08:22:44 PM »
Welcome to our forum!

You need three fruits, veggies, fish or sunlight placed in the gardening station.  Then you can use the composter.  It doesn't make compost.  Your Sim will spin the composter and it will automatically fertilize all your plants under all the gardening stations within a walled/fenced in area.  If you use sunlight from the sunflower instead of normal fertilizer, it will weed the plants, fertilize them and advance their growth to the next stage. 

As this is a store item and not a Seasons item, I'm moving this to the misc help section.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: How do you make the Swiftgro Gardening Station work?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 02:27:48 PM »
How do you make the gardening station work?  How long does it take to make the compost?  Any tips would be greatly apperciated.

To be specific, instruct your Sim to "Open Composter".  Then drag fruits, veggies, fish or best of all, sunlight "blossoms", to the composter.  It will only accept 3 at a time.  Then instruct your Sim to "Use Composter".  The Sim will use something that looks like  a crank, you hear a grinding noise, and pellets of "compost" fall on every plant under the composters' area.  (Overhead looks like lattice work)  The more you do it, the faster your plants grow to maturity.  I'm not sure if you have to do it three or four times to bring a seed to harvest stage.  Already established plants will increase in quality when using it so you can rapidly bring a garden to "Perfect" status in very little time.  You can also ask it to water the plants but this isn't necessary as it will do it automatically.  It also weeds your plants for you automatically but since I've only used sunlight in mine not sure if that function also works with fruit and veggies.  Also not sure if you can use the manure from a stable in it.  (I have a horse). 

You can also "Talk to plants" which broadcasts your voice to ALL the plants instead of one at a time.

Make sure you have open space in front of the green compost barrel and work table itself or your Sim will just stomp their feet and say something is in the way.

I found it difficult to see where things were under my composter, (I have a huge garden under my hot house), so I regularly remove my composters, (yes, I use more than one in order to cover the entire greenhouse), to my shared storage.  After planting I put it back, use it and then remove it again while I harvest.  I only have to go to ONE composter though to have ALL of them spread compost at the same time.  Very convenient! 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything