Author Topic: Pregnant Sim at University...  (Read 39365 times)

Offline Sazzy

• Nooboo
Pregnant Sim at University...
« on: August 05, 2013, 03:37:59 AM »
Well - I have a very promiscuous sim who is currently in University with her brother; and I've been doing university for the two term limit, and I'm almost done with the second term [1 Day until Finals].  I have a mod installed that messes with pregnancy options [setting multiple births, sex of the baby, progress of the birth, pausing/unpausing etc.]; and since I started university, this option wasn't available to either of my sims; male or female..  Now that University is almost finished with my female sim has come up pregnant [ I checked the "Display Pregnancy Information" ] and indeed she is pregnant by a cute lil sim named Jeffery Dean who is also vampire [ but, that's getting off of the subject ]..

Jeffrey and my sim Euphie, have "woohoo'd" about 4 times - and I would assume she probably got pregnant the 3rd or 4th time.. I'm not sure what to do about this though...

I like when my fathers are in the picture of their childrens day-to-day lives, but since Jeffery is a University Sim and Euphie has been trying to get Jeffrey to go steady with her for quite some-time now [and he seems to be a stubborn one to get into an exclusive relationship with]  -- Even tried using "Add to Active Family" through cheat codes to add him in -- but nothing seems to work..

Will the option - When my sims return home - of inviting "Foreign Visitors" include Jeffrey so I can bring him to my town [Custom Map] and I can then add him to my family...?  I'm just a little flustered on what to do because I didn't think becoming pregnant at University was even possible [I checked online and nobody else has come across this; unless you count Sims 2].  I mean, sure it COULD be the mod I have installed - But the option menu wasn't even there when I first began University..

Anyone have tips or any insight as to what I can do?

I'll provide screenshots a bit later about my sims predicament.

SS 1: http://prntscr.com/1jhdjk
SS 2: http://prntscr.com/1jhdm6
SS 3: http://prntscr.com/1jhdnu

Regards, Sazzy.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Pregnant Sim at University...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 06:30:05 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Sazzy.

From what you describe, my first thought is that it has to be the mod you're using.  You said that the Sims woohoo'd, not that they Tried for Baby.  Sims do not get pregnant just from woohoo, it has to be the Try for Baby interaction.  I would have to load the game to see for sure, but I don't think the Try for Baby interaction is available while at University.  Honestly, though, I haven't tried to have a baby at University so I could be completely wrong about that.  So, if your Sims woohoo'd and a pregnancy resulted, that has to be from the mod.  I suggest you remove the mod and see if the problem in your game persists.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 08:49:09 AM »
I'm pretty sure controlled female sims can become pregnant at university normally, as long as they aren't in a full household.  So living in one of the dorms with seven other sims prevents pregnancy, but living alone doesn't. 

Sazzy, you can definitely invite the father over like other foreign visitors and then move him into the household.  If you're worried about what happens to the baby if you send your sim back to university it's just like world adventures where the game sends a babysitter and the home world is frozen in time.  I'm going to guess you've got woohooer/master controller installed.  Using master controller options you could freeze the pregnancy as long as you like until it fits in with your sim's story, or you could simply end the pregnancy.  And you can do anything else you normally could do with the kid - hire a butler to take care of them if your sim is too busy, use edit town to move the kid into a different family's house to be raised, let the social workers take the kid away (harsh, but it works!), etc. 

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 02:50:07 AM »
Pam, isn't there a 5% chance of pregnancy when you woohoo?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 03:06:46 AM »
Pam, isn't there a 5% chance of pregnancy when you woohoo?

No, I don't think so.  People who have looked at the code in the game have told me it's not possible to get pregnant from woohoo, and there have been no validated reports of it happening.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 03:09:07 AM »
Oh, never mind. Oops!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 04:37:55 PM »
I'm almost 100% positive that you simply can NOT get pregnant at University. The option to "Try for baby" just wasn't there, the only time I've ever been able to access that was through an NRaas Mod. I was pretty sure that you can't even Try (like you can with World Adventures) as the option just isn't there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 09:41:52 PM »
Will the option - When my sims return home - of inviting "Foreign Visitors" include Jeffrey so I can bring him to my town [Custom Map] and I can then add him to my family...? 

When you are home from University, your University friends are listed on their own tab of the acquaintance pane. Selecting that tab displays them. Then you can click on Jeffrey's avatar, and will have the option to invite him to visit. From there, it should be possible to ask him to move in, or to use the add to family cheat.

Hope this is not too late to be useful.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline EndersQandA

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 07:13:38 PM »
I'm almost 100% positive that you simply can NOT get pregnant at University. The option to "Try for baby" just wasn't there, the only time I've ever been able to access that was through an NRaas Mod. I was pretty sure that you can't even Try (like you can with World Adventures) as the option just isn't there.

My sim, Cameron has doen try for baby 2 in a phonebooth, it now says wanting to buy a rocking chsir, when  my sims only wnat to when there pregnsnt, and she dreamed of a baby bottle. J ahve an nraas, mod, so that might be kt, but I'm not for sure if she is or not!! So yes, it is possible with nraas.. :3

anything