Author Topic: Wood Fire Oven Recipe Ingredients  (Read 14208 times)

Offline WillyMaykit

• Nooboo
Wood Fire Oven Recipe Ingredients
« on: August 14, 2013, 07:51:17 PM »
I've been having a hard time finding the ingredients required for the Monte Vista wood fire oven recipes anywhere in the game or on the Internet.  I did some experimenting on my own and determined the ingredients below.  It might be helpful if a wood fire oven section were added to the cooking recipe list to document the required ingredients for these recipes.

Breakfast Calzone (Breakfast Only): Egg
Country Bread: Egg
Extra Cheesy Pizza: Cheese
Pepperoni Pizza: Cheese
Woodfired Lasagna: Cheese & Tomato
Cheesy Bread: Cheese & Egg
Forever Alone Calzone: Garlic & Onion
Garlic Bread – (Cooking Skill Level 2): Egg & Garlic
Lasagna Sopresa – (Cooking Skill Level 3): any two ingredients
Herbivore Delight Lasagna – (Cooking Skill Level 3): three vegetables
Meat Mania Calzone – (Cooking Skill Level 5): Steak & Fish
Combination Pizza Margherita – (Cooking Skill Level 7): Cheese & Tomato

So basically, eggs, cheese, tomatoes, garlic, and onions are sufficient to make every standard wood fire oven recipe except Meat Mania Calzone.

(Note: For completeness, there is also a special Lemon & Eggplant Lasagna recipe added to the wood fire oven when the Al Fresco street market installed.  No cooking skill is required, and the ingredients are obviously Lemon & Purple Eggplant.)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Wood Fire Oven Recipe Ingredients
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:07:50 PM »
That's very interesting and useful information, WillyMaykit.  Thank you for sharing it.

And welcome to the forum!  I hope you'll enjoy your time here.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WillyMaykit

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 11:50:47 PM »
Correction:  Apparently, Lemon & Eggplant Lasagna does not actually require both ingredients.   My Sim just made it with lemon alone!

Offline Angélique

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 07:55:04 PM »
Actually, no ingredients are required, and no fridge either. All you need is the Wood fire oven itself. The same goes for the Teppanyaki grill. The sim must be in a reasonably good mood to be willing to use the oven, and for some of the dishes he/she must have reached a certain level of cooking skill.

Offline nomad

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 09:06:41 PM »
A few a bits and pieces that may be of interest though I've not had the time to test in game.

The oven appears to use ingredients, first looking in the Sim's inventory then the nearest fridge, if not found it just buys them using the family funds (best guess at this time is it doesn't work this out to display on the pie menu and this is the only way you could fail to cook is if funds are less than the cost of recipe, the veggie trait may not be disabling the menu too). All easily tested in game.

Food quality is completely based on cooking skill (apart from a random chance of burning), level 9 and the meal is outstanding, oddly I can not see how a perfect meal could happen.

There is also a random chance you could fail to bake pizza.

I don't have the occult stuff but vampires may wish to avoid Calzone Alone and Bread Garlic, it also seems Vampires are the only occults that can get a buff from eating pizza.

Random stuffs:
There is a hidden Pizza Appreciator trait
There was going to be a Dessert Oven (or maybe I've missed it which is usually the case)
All recipes break down into bread, calzone, lasagna and pizza and then into normal, garlic, cheesy, meat, herb, sorpresa, pepperoni, loaded ^^ and lemon (also fruit but I think that's dessert); Cheesy Pizza is not cheesy but normal, go figure

Offline Angélique

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 03:08:03 PM »
The oven appears to use ingredients, first looking in the Sim's inventory then the nearest fridge, if not found it just buys them using the family funds (best guess at this time is it doesn't work this out to display on the pie menu and this is the only way you could fail to cook is if funds are less than the cost of recipe, the veggie trait may not be disabling the menu too). All easily tested in game.

Yes, that's similar to how the fridge work. Even if it's completely empty, and all the household sims inventories are empty too, you can still cook most dishes, as long as you have the necessary money to buy the ingredients, and sufficient cooking skill and knowledge of recipes. The right ingredients just emerges somehow out of thin air. Not very realistic, but it makes the gameplay so much easier. If you always had to make sure that you had all the ingredients in the fridge or inventory, before you could cook a certain dish, it would be very time consuming and awkward. The only exception to this rule that I've found so far, is that you can cook chicken and fried rice dinner on the Teppanyaki grill even if the fridge and inventories are empty, and your family funds are 0. As usual I don't know if it's meant to be like this, or if it's a bug in the game.

Offline nomad

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 08:17:09 AM »
There's nothing specific to chicken and fried rice so I imagine either the register price has been set to zero or no ingredients have been added to the recipe. I do not have the Teppanyaki grill yet so can not confirm which; either way looks like a bug. At those prices lunch is on me!

For completeness some grill trivia: the food quality on the grill is somewhat more complex than the oven, your rated by your cooking skill:
0-2 poor
3-4 novice
5-6 normal
7-8 skilled
9-10  expert

And this is combined with how dirty the grill is and if your trick failed to get the meal's quality. Cooking skill affects the failure rate of tricks though the chance of doing a trick or which one is totally random.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything