Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326952 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #465 on: October 26, 2013, 03:28:29 PM »
One thing that happened during the challenge file is, apparently, self employment gets reset (in my challenge file, the eldest child was a self employed painter, and when they moved to the last world, his self employment reset to 1) - though this could have been a bug, too.

Might be a bug.  I had a dynasty file with level 10 career sculptor, when he moves he was still level 10 in the new town.

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #466 on: October 26, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »
Does the heir have to maintain his/her max career after completing all the requirements? Can he/she quit once the next heir is born?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #467 on: October 26, 2013, 05:05:05 PM »
Does the heir have to maintain his/her max career after completing all the requirements? Can he/she quit once the next heir is born?

Yes, he/she can quit the career once the next heir is born.

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #468 on: October 28, 2013, 06:20:18 PM »
I'm just in the planning phase for my dynasty. There are two things I don't think I understand:

Under General Rules:
Allowed life states: Human, Ghost, Witch, and Mermaid... Plumbots are also allowed to be household members.
This means I cannot add pets to my household, right? (I'm asking because I've seen pets mentioned in this thread, when it sounds like they're specifically disallowed by this rule.)

Also say, for example, my founder uses three Charisma skill challenges as his unique skill challenges. Then, a future, unborn heir later trains Charisma, and incidentally completes one of those same skill challenges. Does this end the dynasty? Or does that heir simply not count the (now duplicate) skill challenge he completed?

Thanks for your help.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #469 on: October 28, 2013, 06:35:21 PM »
I'm just in the planning phase for my dynasty. There are two things I don't think I understand:

Under General Rules:This means I cannot add pets to my household, right? (I'm asking because I've seen pets mentioned in this thread, when it sounds like they're specifically disallowed by this rule.)

The allowed life state is for your founders & heirs.  Household members can be anything they want, pets would fall under household member.

Summary:
Founders and heirs can be -- Human, Ghost, Witch, Mermaid, Alien, and Imaginary Friend.
Household members (non founders, non heirs) -- any lifestate.

Also say, for example, my founder uses three Charisma skill challenges as his unique skill challenges. Then, a future, unborn heir later trains Charisma, and incidentally completes one of those same skill challenges. Does this end the dynasty?  Or does that heir simply not count the (now duplicate) skill challenge he completed?

This would mean the end of your dynasty, unless your founder have another 3 unique skill challenges besides charisma.  If the later heir accidently picks up one of those skill challenges, it will no longer be unique, hence failing your dynasty.  It has to be "unique" skill challenges.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #470 on: October 28, 2013, 10:31:13 PM »
Geneticially engineering a child is not allowed for this dynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #471 on: October 29, 2013, 04:13:28 AM »
Geneticially engineering a child is not allowed for this dynasty.

Rachel

Does that mean cloning?

This would mean the end of your dynasty, unless your founder have another 3 unique skill challenges besides charisma.  If the later heir accidently picks up one of those skill challenges, it will no longer be unique, hence failing your dynasty.  It has to be "unique" skill challenges.

That sounds like all skill challenges have to be from the same skill, is that right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #472 on: October 29, 2013, 08:45:24 AM »
Does that mean cloning?

It is from Into The Future expansion pack, where you go to the future Hospital and genetically engineered your child.

That sounds like all skill challenges have to be from the same skill, is that right?

No.  Don't have to be from the same skill, but have to be unique.  Example:  You can have 2 skill challenges from logic + 1 from collecting.

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #473 on: October 29, 2013, 09:29:55 AM »
Ah, thank you.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #474 on: October 29, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »
Random question, because I didn't see the answer anywhere.

Does an heir have to be the result of two sims in the same household? Or could the mother, theoretically, go and become pregnant by a male NPC/townie without ever moving him in?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #475 on: October 29, 2013, 05:06:57 PM »
" Heir #1 then brings in a spouse/partner to produce heir #2 "

When I read this line, I am reading it as they need to bring in a spouse, so bring in to the household to produce heir #2.   I could be wrong though  :-[

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #476 on: October 29, 2013, 05:10:46 PM »
Nah, that makes sense. For some reason, today my brain is processing that line as "if you want to," when it doesn't even say that.

I need to go find a sturdy brick wall to beat my head against. Maybe it'll reset that brain...

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #477 on: October 31, 2013, 06:48:31 AM »
Is there a hints and tips thread for the 4 x 4 dynasty?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #478 on: October 31, 2013, 08:16:22 AM »
There isn't one at the moment, we can create one.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #479 on: October 31, 2013, 01:26:18 PM »

Yes, he/she can quit the career once the next heir is born.

Does that mean they have to stay in the career until the next heir is born?  My generation 1 heir was a self-employed photographer but I moved him into the business career after he'd been at level 10 for some time because the photography opportunities weren't firing.  (In fact, he didn't get another one for the rest of his life.)  Generation 3 is now working on her requirements, so I hope it's OK  :-\.

anything