Author Topic: Any solution to adventure board problem?  (Read 9216 times)

Offline Rynn01

• Nooboo
Any solution to adventure board problem?
« on: September 16, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
I have searched many posts here and on other sites concerning the boards not giving adventures. I see the problem has been around since 2010, but I haven't been able to find a real solution to the glitch. As with most people, the biggest problem is in France, but I have it in all 3 WA locations. Has anyone ever came up with a workaround or solution? Right now, I'm having a problem in China. My sim's LTW is the great explorer and I've had to delete 2 other games because of this problem. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Rynn

Offline Branr

• Occult
Re: Any solution to adventure board problem?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 09:11:28 PM »
Standard questions:
1- are you updated to the latest patch?
B- do you have any Custom Content or Mods installed?
4- If so, are they updated?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rynn01

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 07:52:35 AM »
As far as I know I'm completely updated, although the patches I get are for store content.

I do have cc  and 2 mods installed. I'm not sure they can be mentioned on here, but the ones I have only deal with the opening of the game and recipe books. In the other threads I've read, people have the same problem even w/o cc or mods. How would I go about seeing if they need an update?

Thank you for replying to me!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 11:09:04 PM »
Welcome to our Forum!

It's ok to mention CC and mods.  We've relaxed the rules on that now.

I've had this problem, too, and it seems to eventually just go away.  Sometimes it will be better the next day and sometimes it takes a new trip, but I've never had it stay broken forever.

As for updates, when you open the launcher, it will prompt you when there's an update available and let you download it straight from the launcher.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Arefa

• Llama Wrangler
    • Build Mode with Arefa
Re: Any solution to adventure board problem? -- Yes
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 01:17:24 PM »
Sorry for bringing back an old post, but I have found a solution to this... not sure why it works, but it did for me!  I was so excited that I wanted to pass this along to anyone else who experiences this problem. 

I found this on the Official Forums...

Hi!
We had the same problem here so, we decided to search out there a solution.
Its fix is... absolutely easy (credits to Dacia from Yahoo Answers). She said:

Okay I was just having this same problem. My special merchant died, so maybe that messes with it, but here is what I did to fix it:

Under your Sim's opportunities tab there is a section for home opportunities, and adventures. Click on the home opportunities icon (looks like a house) then try the adventure board. I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I clicked between home and adventures a few times and clicked around the job/skill sections under the home icon and the board magically started working again.

The fact is that we tried her tips with none hope but... it worked

I didn't think this was going to work either, but I figured why not try it out and to my surprise it worked.  I opened up the home opportunities and clicked everything.  I even deleted a home opportunity that I had.  (Not sure if I needed to, but I figured I'd never complete it anyway.)  I left the home opportunity tab open, too just in case.  I queued up the "Check for Adventures" about 4 times and an adventure popped up on the first queue.  I'm not quite sure what caused this glitch, but I knew I didn't feel like taking the time to install any mods.  I hope this ends up helping someone else too! :)

anything