Author Topic: My Sims 3 launcher isn't working?  (Read 17275 times)

Offline AspenLee

• Nooboo
My Sims 3 launcher isn't working?
« on: September 28, 2013, 11:23:08 PM »
I have downloaded The Sims 3 on my dad's computer and it worked the first time I played it on his. Then I just tried to play it again but it didn't work. I got onto the launcher (which also when I try to log in it says it can't open the webpage and it let me open the actual Sims 3 website to log in, but my launcher says I'm still a guest). I pressed play and the screen went black except the tool bar got big then that went away and it stayed black. I restarted the computer and first is said there was no disc. I took the disc out and put it back in and pressed play. It started loading the EA sign half way then froze. Then I restarted again the launcher wouldn't respond. I tried going to the programs thing and to start it there like I say on another forum but there isn't a folder that says "Game". What's going on? Could you please help me with these problems? :(

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: My Sims 3 launcher isn't working?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 02:11:56 AM »
Hello, Aspenlee,

I'm sorry, I don't know why your launcher is not working.  Possibly your dad has done something which restricts access.  Otherwise, hopefully, someone else will know what to do.

In the mean time, you can still play your game by bypassing the launcher.  To do this, you will need to make a new desktop shortcut and link it to the correct program.  This will be TS3EPx, where x it the number of the last expansion pack installed (example: TS3EP10).

Right click on the desktop and select NEW.
Select SHORTCUT.
BROWSE to locate the program named as above.

This will put a shortcut on the desktop to start your game without the launcher.  (You may be able to log in once your game is running, but, I would, in your situation, choose to stay logged out.  (You will not be able to earn achievement badges while logged out, but, otherwise, your game will run as normal.)
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
Re: My Sims 3 launcher isn't working?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 02:20:53 PM »
I have downloaded The Sims 3 on my dad's computer and it worked the first time I played it on his. Then I just tried to play it again but it didn't work. I got onto the launcher( which also when I try to log in it says it can't open the webpage and it let me open the actual Sims 3 website to log in, but my launcher says I'm still a guest) I pressed play and the screen went black except the tool bar got big then that went away and it stayed black. I restarted the computer and first is said there was no disc. I took the disc out and put it back in and pressed play. It started loading the EA sign half way then froze. Then I restarted again the launcher wouldn't respond. I tried going to the programs thing and to start it there like I say on another forum but there isn't a folder that says "Game". What's going on? Could you please help me with these problems? :(

Welcome to the forum AspenLee.  I am sorry you have been having so much trouble with your game. Are you just playing with just the base game or do you have expansions as well? 

If you are still having troubles, I would uninstall your game (instructions here)  https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3 and any expansions should be listed at the bottom of that page.

Then reinstall them in expansion order, if you have expansions listed here. https://help.ea.com/article/the-sims-3-installation-order.

Doing a patch after each expansion and base game install might help with your problem as well. When I used the games installer to update it wasn't working properly and this helped me a lot. This post on our forum was helpful in regards to my game install issue http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,9177.0.html

Hope these ideas have helped and let us know if there is a problem still or you were able to solve your problem.

Good luck AspenLee