Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978769 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3090 on: August 03, 2011, 05:41:54 AM »
Depends on the Sim and what their life will be like. If you don't care what they do then their traits don't really matter that much, you could try stuff like Family Orientated if they are a Spouse and Hopeless Romantic. Social traits are probably a good idea because you can target them with a Best Friend thing so if the Relationship is kept topped up and well that could be useful.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3091 on: August 03, 2011, 05:43:25 AM »
what would be some good traits for NON-Immortal kids? I mean some non-career oriented traits.

Well, you can give them Artistic/Photographer's Eye/Savvy Sculptor and make them your slave artist. Actually, it's also fun to randomize their other traits, just for fun. Like, when you absolutely (sounds wrong, but whatever) don't need them for anything (accidental twins on gen. 4).
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3092 on: August 03, 2011, 05:43:38 AM »
what would be some good traits for NON-Immortal kids? I mean some non-career oriented traits.
Skill-oriented trait? Artistic for portrait painters, green-thumb for gardeners, angler for fisherman... It all depends on what you plan and need in your Dynasty.

Adventurous to get visa points faster and grab destinations houses (and empty lots) can be a good idea. Now, with all the travel bugs increasing exponentially, you might no want to rely on vacations as much as in the past.

A neat Sim can be a good help for house's chores too, so you can safely avoid maids and disappearing butlers.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3093 on: August 03, 2011, 05:49:32 AM »
I have one immortal that is basically my slave ;) I was funning around and gave Phoebe and Psyche (if you're reading my dynasty) the Insane and Evil trait (+ the Virtuoso, because they'll need it ;)), just to see what happens. Adventourous and Neat are great Ideas!
@Samoht I was talking about siblings ;)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3094 on: August 03, 2011, 05:52:27 AM »
Siblings, the only Sibling in my Dynasty is a Painter, as is her Son who will be a Painter. I'm doing Mortal Painters till I can't do anymore, just for the Death Revenue from it.  ;) Yeah Neat is a good one, although I made my Immortal-To-Be the WA Lady, she had reached VISA 3 in China until her Sister never gave birth, two weeks after she should have and my last save was before that trip.  :-\

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3095 on: August 03, 2011, 05:53:16 AM »

If I recall correctly your spares are from the first generation.In that case I would highly recommend that you have one become a sculpter and one a painter. Your heir is going to need someone to do his portraits and sculptures and the spares are perfect for this. Or give one of them the job of learning ambrosia recipe if you are not planning on anyone supermaxing cooking just yet.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3096 on: August 03, 2011, 06:27:40 AM »
I'm confused. Now that you have free customization of each age how do we set them?

You need to leave the individual sliders on the default setting for the Normal lifespan.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3097 on: August 03, 2011, 03:01:53 PM »
Can I kill off sims that aren't a part of my household? Because a sim just robbed my family's house and I would really like to make her pay.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3098 on: August 03, 2011, 05:03:48 PM »
I'm really annoyed now. I did this Opp for Tia Jades Black Opps, it was secret techniques, I completed it and then the pregnancy bug where Megan Jade never gave birth, I had to go back before that China Trip to when it didn't happen. Now I've just sent Tia back to China to redo it after Metro saying I had to redo it but now I have that new Patch Bug where there is no Sims or Funds, basically a blank UI. After twenty minutes of loading china.  >:(

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #3099 on: August 03, 2011, 06:42:57 PM »
Sometimes this game is just too cruel, the spouse of my soon to be third immortal just passed merely 4 hours before his grand daughter was born  :'(

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3100 on: August 04, 2011, 12:01:38 AM »
Do sculptures get a higher starting value the more you do? I read somewhere that they get better at a specific type of sculpture - eg: if they keep making a toilet, then each sculpture has a higher value than the previous one? Or do they have more chance of creating brilliant/masterpieces?

If this is the case, where they get more valuable for the type of sculpture they create, do ice-sims get more valuable no matter what sim they sculpt, or does it go by who they've scultped?

So a sculpture of Jo Bloggs is worth say $100 simoles, then the next $105 then the next $110 and so forth, but then the first sculpture of Jenny Bloggs is worth $100 simoles, or is it worth $115? [subject probably to a variable as well] (the numbers are just to give an idea, I'm not sure of the specifics of the calculations. There is an equation for the value of paintings on another site and I'm wondering is sculptures work in a similar fashion).

Edit: I finally found a thread on the game mechanics of sculpting here (for anyone else interested)
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=4526.msg89767#msg89767
So the question remains, does it have to be the same ice-sim? If anyone has done trials with this, please let me know :)

As for photography, is the first photo ever the most valuable of all, or just the first photo for the day, but getting more valuable each separate day that you photograph it? Or even staying the same value each day after you reach lvl 10 and get the 75 subjects to increase photo value?

Also, to be clear, (I've read some discussion on the topic, but haven't read the whole thread, so can't be sure I haven't missed something) can the photo of a target sim be anything, so long as they are the focus of the camera? eg: sim running, sim fishing, top chef etc; or do they have to be 'my spouse'; 'my main squeeze'; my child and so forth? If the first is the case, does anyone know what the most valuable shots are?

Edit: There is a list of the base value of each photo on another website, which I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention here, but it came up when I googled 'sims 3 photo value equation' So now I just need to know which ones count :) Oh, and if they get better after taking one of each photo each day.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3101 on: August 04, 2011, 04:02:48 AM »

As for photography, is the first photo ever the most valuable of all, or just the first photo for the day, but getting more valuable each separate day that you photograph it? Or even staying the same value each day after you reach lvl 10 and get the 75 subjects to increase photo value?

From my experience, it's a combination of things.  My Sim can photograph the Sphinx at level 1 Photography and then photograph it again at level 10 and it will absolutely be worth a lot more money.  However, if you photograph it for the first time at level 10, it will be worth more than the other level 10 shot.  I hope this helps a bit.

Also, to be clear, (I've read some discussion on the topic, but haven't read the whole thread, so can't be sure I haven't missed something) can the photo of a target sim be anything, so long as they are the focus of the camera? eg: sim running, sim fishing, top chef etc; or do they have to be 'my spouse'; 'my main squeeze'; my child and so forth? If the first is the case, does anyone know what the most valuable shots are?

Yes, as long as your Sim is the target in the photo, it can be officially added to your Immortal Museum.  I think the value of those kinds of shots depends more on the skill of the photographer, as well as the settings you're able to use.  If you haven't yet, check out the Photography section on Carl's Guide.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3102 on: August 04, 2011, 04:09:36 AM »
I've read most of the skill guides top to bottom :) It's my favourite website, and usually the most informative. Thanks for clarifying those things for me Pam :) Now I just have to work out who my founder's spares will be. I'll need one for painting, one for sculpting, and one for photography and then taking care of the kids (since they won't need to be taking photos all the time, unlike the other two).

My next question is, does the immortal have to be at the top of their career at the time that they eat ambrosia, or to just have reached it? I intend on having each immortal get to the top of 3 careers: Criminal, Law and Military, (plus their unique career) as these will provide the most valuable adult photos (taken, of course, in panorama vignette at lvl 10 for the first time [obviously I'll need a new spare for each immortal if the value goes down after the very first time]).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3103 on: August 04, 2011, 07:31:38 AM »
My next question is, does the immortal have to be at the top of their career at the time that they eat ambrosia, or to just have reached it?

You just need to max the career and then you can retire, quit, or continue in that job. The requirement for Ambrosia is fulfilled.

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3104 on: August 04, 2011, 09:21:02 AM »
My sims can't travel abroad after the 1.24 patch, all I get is an empty UI without family (I didn't save hoping I'm ok with it). There is a workaround for it but I need to use Edit Town to do it. The procedure is to change active household then save the game and to change the active household back to original again. For some reason this fixes the problem. Just asking if I can use this workaround to solve the problem? Or do I need to accomodate and supermax those skills I can do without traveling? I'm still on 3rd generation so starting over could be an answer as well since the new families created after the patch can travel.