Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978731 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3315 on: August 18, 2011, 02:59:47 PM »

I was under the impression that I was allowed to send non-bloodline children to boarding school, so  I have had one of my extra family members in boarding school for less than 2 sim weeks in the game (entire child stage, onto teen stage).  Can I bring her back immediately and be ok for HoF or is that file officially off track?  I have saves from before she left but it was part of the story I was writing for that generation.

Otherwise great job everyone on the revised rules!

The no Sim can move out rule has been there since day 1. But, don't worry you're okay for the HOF. Just a misunderstanding. That was the whole point of clarifying many things with the revised ruleset. So, just bring her back from boarding school asap.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3316 on: August 18, 2011, 03:04:09 PM »
Is mid life crisis still banned after the immortal I want to use it on has eaten ambrosia (don't worry, I haven't done it yet)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3317 on: August 18, 2011, 03:07:23 PM »
The no Sim can move out rule has been there since day 1. But, don't worry you're okay for the HOF. Just a misunderstanding. That was the whole point of clarifying many things with the revised ruleset. So, just bring her back from boarding school asap.

I know. Can I claim blond moment?  I just went with it since the sim was grayed out like when you get a free vacation for the parents.  Thanks Metro!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3318 on: August 18, 2011, 03:32:39 PM »
Is mid life crisis still banned after the immortal I want to use it on has eaten ambrosia (don't worry, I haven't done it yet)

Mid Life Crisis is banned on all immortals for the duration of the event.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3319 on: August 18, 2011, 04:09:09 PM »
Mid Life Crisis is banned on all immortals for the duration of the event.
Okay just checking. It's not banned for non immortals, right? I believe it says so in the rules.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #3320 on: August 18, 2011, 04:17:56 PM »
I'm glad you found that old quote, Serena. I can't remember everything I've said. Lol. I'll try and use that and clarify the stylist info in the rules.

Oh, no problem.  I only remembered it because I love the stylist, and am trying to stick pretty close to the rules for my own Dynasty. :) (My gen 4 is probably going to be a stylist.)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3321 on: August 18, 2011, 04:24:17 PM »
Okay just checking. It's not banned for non immortals, right? I believe it says so in the rules.

No, it isn't. I saw multiple people change the traits of roommates/spouses with the LTR.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3322 on: August 18, 2011, 05:58:40 PM »
Thanks Serena and Metro!  :) So that leaves an ugly woman and a man with funny ears and a chunky nose out, I can live with that. Although they may be my best options being the only decent Sims in TB...
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3323 on: August 18, 2011, 06:19:06 PM »
Hi Metro, it was my pleasure to do the FAQ. If I were you or anyone else who was on this thread from the beginning I'd have wanted to scratch my eyes out if someone asked about the supermax skill again. I'm always happy to do something useful. :) I wasn't sure Pam had got my messages until you mentioned it the other day. I guess she is just too busy moderating. That and real life. I forget about that sometimes  :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3324 on: August 18, 2011, 06:51:43 PM »
I wasn't sure Pam had got my messages until you mentioned it the other day. I guess she is just too busy moderating. That and real life. I forget about that sometimes  :D

Oh, no. It wasn't that at all with Pam. She would have hopped right on it, but I PM'd her letting her know that I needed to see your PMs. I know a lot of players said a FAQ was a good idea. I just wasn't sold on it and wanted to try and rework the existing ruleset for clarity.

Thanks again to you and Pam for your help.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3325 on: August 18, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »
About boarding school...  when the child goes to boarding school, he/she doesn't really move out.  I mean, his spot in the household is still in place, we just can't control the child.  We can't bring anyone else into the house to replace the child who is at boarding school.  I'm just not sure a child at school is the same as moving a Sim out of the Dynasty house.  You don't get to control the child and you also don't get to choose the child's traits upon aging up if you leave the child at school for the duration of the life phase.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #3326 on: August 18, 2011, 07:17:42 PM »
About boarding school...  when the child goes to boarding school, he/she doesn't really move out.  I mean, his spot in the household is still in place, we just can't control the child.  We can't bring anyone else into the house to replace the child who is at boarding school.  I'm just not sure a child at school is the same as moving a Sim out of the Dynasty house.  You don't get to control the child and you also don't get to choose the child's traits upon aging up if you leave the child at school for the duration of the life phase.
Pam is right, it's like the Free Vacation opportunity. I think boarding school should be treated the same as the Free Vacation opp.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3327 on: August 18, 2011, 09:18:08 PM »
Thanks for clarifying that, Pam. I confess I have not done the boarding school option yet. Okay then. I see no reason to not allow it.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3328 on: August 19, 2011, 12:41:29 AM »
So Boarding School is allowed?
And what about the Free Vacation Op?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3329 on: August 19, 2011, 04:40:26 AM »
I think they are both allowed now Seabody.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa