Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979120 times)

VampirePlasma

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3540 on: October 09, 2011, 06:44:17 PM »
You know where you see the Sims time?? Hover your mouse over it, it will say Week --, Day --

Sportsfan

« Reply #3541 on: October 09, 2011, 07:12:14 PM »
I just got an op where I have to give a sim outside of the household a life fruit.
Is that allowed?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3542 on: October 10, 2011, 06:56:44 AM »
I just got an op where I have to give a sim outside of the household a life fruit.
Is that allowed?

Yeah, that's okay.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3543 on: October 11, 2011, 01:27:51 PM »
I'm assuming that a Mortal eating Ambrosia fails your dynasty. I just want to double check just in case it isn't. I had Shannon replicate two dishes, let her eat one and put one out on the table for George, I told him to go eat it. I then went to Tris who had his Prom and kept trying to get him to stay in his Suit and then I followed him to Prom just to survey the females of his age that went in and out. When I got back I realised that George didn't have the moodlet and his age was the same, his wife Joceyln had eaten instead. I don't know what happened while I was out of the house to stop George from eating it and for Jocelyn to eat it.  :'(
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3544 on: October 11, 2011, 02:09:38 PM »
I'm assuming that a Mortal eating Ambrosia fails your dynasty. I just want to double check just in case it isn't. I had Shannon replicate two dishes, let her eat one and put one out on the table for George, I told him to go eat it. I then went to Tris who had his Prom and kept trying to get him to stay in his Suit and then I followed him to Prom just to survey the females of his age that went in and out. When I got back I realised that George didn't have the moodlet and his age was the same, his wife Joceyln had eaten instead. I don't know what happened while I was out of the house to stop George from eating it and for Jocelyn to eat it.  :'(

Ugh. I'll let the rule speak for itself because I do not want to tell a valued team member what I need to say. :(

The Gift of Immortality

...the act of eating Ambrosia and placing a deathflower in personal inventory is a reward reserved only for your designated immortals who have reached Elder status.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3545 on: October 11, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
Ugh. I'll let the rule speak for itself because I do not want to tell a valued moderator what I need to say. :(

No worries Metro. One day I'll make it till the end of this challenge without something going wrong. Maybe next time I will be better organized and use my previous inexperience as a way to learn my mistakes.  :) I knew I'd failed anyway, but I just like to double check these things.

EDIT: I wonder if I have failed the most at this challenge? Wouldn't surprise me, this being my 6th Attempt I just failed.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3546 on: October 11, 2011, 03:00:36 PM »
EDIT: I wonder if I have failed the most at this challenge? Wouldn't surprise me, this being my 6th Attempt I just failed.

Lol. It's a very tough event to be sure. I'm not embarrassed to admit it took me 5 times to score a win.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3547 on: October 11, 2011, 04:12:21 PM »
Ugh. I'll let the rule speak for itself because I do not want to tell a valued team member what I need to say. :(

Metro, a while back, when ratchie said "Mick the Mortal had eaten ambrosia", you let her return to a previous save.
I'll go and find the quote.

EDIT:
Here we go, page 66.

I might have just inadvertently blown my dynasty. I queued up Hebe to make ambrosia then my real life one year old had a slight diaper malfunction.(he was wiping aforesaid malfunction on the television). I forgot to pause my game and when I came back Mick the mortal had eaten the ambrosia.
Could I continue from a previous save or is it game over.

Rachel
Go ahead and go back, Rachel. ;)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3548 on: October 11, 2011, 04:30:43 PM »
I remember that I don't know if Metro let me get away with it because he understood how those kind of accidents happen around children or if he just felt sorry for me. If Metro had made the decision and not allowed me to go back to a previous save I would have had to start my dynasty again. For instance when my Sim in the cheating challenge died while inventing I admitted my mistake told Metro and ended my challenge.

I totally respect the fact that Samoht came here and reported his mistake it would have been quite easy for him to just go back to a previous save and not mention it.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3549 on: October 11, 2011, 08:42:45 PM »
Ack. I was afraid of that. By doing that "get out of jail free card" for ratchie I now need to basically do the same for everyone. Not good. Well, samo...there it is — you can go back to an earlier save if you so desire. (And ratchie, by "not good" I do not mean I should not have cut you some slack, and been a meanie — it's just tougher from an administrative point of view trying to remember things).

Sportsfan

« Reply #3550 on: October 11, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
Ack. I was afraid of that. By doing that "get out of jail free card" for ratchie I now need to basically do the same for everyone. Not good. Well, samo...there it is — you can go back to an earlier save if you so desire. (And ratchie, by "not good" I do not mean I should not have cut you some slack, and been a meanie — it's just tougher from an administrative point of view trying to remember things).
So now nobody can fail? Well except for a few cases but still.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3551 on: October 11, 2011, 09:05:44 PM »
So now nobody can fail? Well except for a few cases but still.

Well, of course you can fail if you mess up multiple times. It's just that I set a precedent with ratchie, so oh well. Yeah, it got a little easier.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3552 on: October 11, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »
So if my mortals eat ambrosia twenty-seven times, I would fail?

Sportsfan

« Reply #3553 on: October 11, 2011, 09:27:34 PM »
So if my mortals eat ambrosia twenty-seven times, I would fail?
I'd say ask Metro.
Just kidding. I assume that if you make more than one mistake in a dynasty than you are a goner.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3554 on: October 11, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »
I just reread my old quote that Sportsfan quoted in ratchie's situation and now I know why I cut her some slack — it was circumstantial...beyond her control. Her little one had a diaper explosion and she had to take care of it immediately and in the process one of her Sims ate Ambrosia. So, that's different. I can live with that. In fact, I could live with that multiple times. But, if you just plain mess up and you're right at the computer and have a "Homer Simpson" moment...well...we'll talk. Lol. Just fill me in on the circumstances and I'll make the call.

anything