Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979834 times)

Sportsfan

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3825 on: November 23, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
In the rules:
"Ambrosia must be made from homegrown Life Fruit."
As opposed to what?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3826 on: November 23, 2011, 08:56:45 PM »
In the rules:
"Ambrosia must be made from homegrown Life Fruit."
As opposed to what?

As opposed to life fruit obtained in any other way.  I'm sure I remember reading somewhere in the forum that one of the towns has a garden with life fruit in it, although I don't remember which town it is because I almost always play in Sunset Valley.  Anyway, life fruit from someone else's garden would obviously be off-limits in an Immortal Dynasty.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3827 on: November 23, 2011, 08:57:18 PM »
Well in some towns there are houses with life fruit growing that you can pick. That would not be homegrown I guess because your Sim didn't grow it.

oh snap.. beaten by that much><

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3828 on: November 23, 2011, 09:28:38 PM »
In Barnacle Bay, two families are growing Life Fruit, and in Egypt, in the Pyramid of Water (I think), there is a humoungous room at the end that has, you guessed it, life fruit and a deathflower bush.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3829 on: November 23, 2011, 09:45:26 PM »
Okay thanks

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3830 on: November 24, 2011, 01:06:40 AM »
Yep. This is the information I needed. Thank you. If someone has already done plastic surgery, don't panic. I'm making this ruling effective now.

Oh dear. I blipped today and let Chantrelle have Plastic Surgery in my dynasty. Is this the end, or am I cleared to go back to another save?

I had a total "DO'H!" moment when I realised Plastic Surgery was against the rules. And when I had, I had already left the game.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3831 on: November 24, 2011, 02:45:54 AM »
Oh dear. I blipped today and let Chantrelle have Plastic Surgery in my dynasty. Is this the end, or am I cleared to go back to another save?

I had a total "DO'H!" moment when I realised Plastic Surgery was against the rules. And when I had, I had already left the game.

Oh man, Seabody.  If you knew it was against the rules to start with (and it sounds like you did), and it was a careless moment, you may have to restart.  Metro usually doesn't allow players to go back to a previous save unless it's extenuating circumstances.  If you want to wait for a final ruling from him, it may be a little while.  He's with his family on a little trip this holiday and won't be available as much as usual.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3832 on: November 24, 2011, 02:51:10 AM »
Oh man, Seabody.  If you knew it was against the rules to start with (and it sounds like you did), and it was a careless moment, you may have to restart.  Metro usually doesn't allow players to go back to a previous save unless it's extenuating circumstances.  If you want to wait for a final ruling from him, it may be a little while.  He's with his family on a little trip this holiday and won't be available as much as usual.

OK. I guess the thing I can be happiest about is that I didn't get far in. I'm probably going to continue playing, just as an unofficial dynasty though.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3833 on: November 24, 2011, 08:51:45 AM »

It's the end.  :( At least for the Hall of Fame. So keep plugging along unoffially or get back in the saddle and have another go. Good luck.

Offline The Anonymous

• Nooboo
« Reply #3834 on: November 25, 2011, 10:30:25 AM »
I was just wondering... is it okay to releace Imaginary Friends into the wild after you've made them real? Because, in my dynasty, Agnes had a child with Erik Darling's ghost, and since he, and the heir, both have immaginery friends, (Named Romeo and Juliet, I might add), would it be okay to make them real, then release them?

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3835 on: November 25, 2011, 10:44:14 AM »
I was just wondering... is it okay to releace Imaginary Friends into the wild after you've made them real? Because, in my dynasty, Agnes had a child with Erik Darling's ghost, and since he, and the heir, both have immaginery friends, (Named Romeo and Juliet, I might add), would it be okay to make them real, then release them?

You are allowed to make them real, but I don't think they can be "released" after. The rules say:
No Sim can be moved out. All household members are to live a full and natural life and their eventual death can never be expedited (intentional killing).
Once an Imaginary Friend has been turned real, he is just like any other Sims and household members. So, he has to live his normal life fully in your Dynasty home.

On a similar subject, I have a question too: Are pets tied to the same restriction? Can we sell horse for example?
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #3836 on: November 25, 2011, 11:26:47 AM »
Oh, question! Are we allowed to sell pets? Like, way I've got a full house (because I probably will) and am trying to supermax riding. I can only keep two horses at a time, but riding requires the taming of three wild mustangs. Would it be OK to tame a horse, get him up to BF (for the sake of the Horse Friend challenge), and then sell him to make room for a third tamed horse?
I see nothing wrong with selling animals.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3837 on: November 25, 2011, 02:27:56 PM »
Thanks Deme for bringing me the answer. This will indeed be much helpful for horse riding & horseman career!
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #3838 on: November 27, 2011, 02:20:03 AM »
I have a few questions which may have been addressed before, but since the topic is so long...  :)

1) "Each of the stages’ pieces need to be added to the museum before an immortal would age up to the next stage. "

The rules are all the time talking about a museum, but my sims won't be able to afford one for a long time. I always want to challenge myself and I'm testing, if this challenge is doable without going the "Agnes route". So my founder married a regular townie, who brought in ca 5000 simoleans. No other townies have moved in, so it's just the regular family members, who have to accomplish all the requirements. Now the family is so poor, that they live in a shack and cannot afford to build a museum. So the portraits hang on their kitchen walls (at least they have walls!). So is it OK to build the museum later and move the portraits?

2) "Optional: Photographs and/or ice sculptures of each immortal at the same life stages may be included in the museum"

I was lucky to buy a camera at the consignment store, so I will have both paintings and photos of the immortals in each life stage. But since the spouse had to learn to paint portraits first, she did not master sculpting to make non-melting ice sculptures before the founder was an adult and the heir was a teen (she did make the ice sculptures for every life stage, but they melt). Will it be OK to count the values of the remaining ice sculptures even if I don't have a complete collection, since the sculptures are optional?

3) "Immortals can have overlap in their opportunities that they do, as long as they have accomplished 6 unique ones."

Does that mean that e.g. all the kids can go to the free game or repair the boiler at school as long as I don't claim it as one of the 6 unique opportunities for any of them?

4) "Travelling is banned until the 2nd generation becomes Young Adult."

I think I got this right, but just wanted to make sure I don't confuse this with the concept of heirs in the DecaDynasty: you cannot travel before the first child born in this dynasty (who will be the second immortal) is a young adult?

5) About the Lifetime Rewards: Any Lifetime Rewards the mortals buy don't count, so the spouse can buy e.g. the collection helper or the moodlet manager?

6) About the 6 best friends: If my founder has his spouse, his daughter (=the second immortal) + four other best friends, can the daughter claim the founder as one of her best friends?

Sportsfan

« Reply #3839 on: November 27, 2011, 02:27:34 AM »
1. That's totally fine.
2. You can count any that won't melt.
3. Yes that's fine.
4. Yes
5. Non immortals are unrestricted in that regard.
6. Yes. However 3rd (or any after) immortal cannot claim either of them as one of their best friends.