Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979613 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3990 on: January 11, 2012, 08:46:41 PM »
@Seera — keep in mind a little known fact — paintings, ice sculptures, and photographs will not appreciate once you remove them from the home lot. Something to keep in mind if you're gunning for a big HOF score.

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3991 on: January 11, 2012, 09:28:51 PM »
@Seera — keep in mind a little known fact — paintings, ice sculptures, and photographs will not appreciate once you remove them from the home lot. Something to keep in mind if you're gunning for a big HOF score.

Going for completion the first time. Then I'll have a base line for what to expect when I go for the highest score that I possibly can.

And I almost thought I had a glitch. I couldn't move my founder (Nemuritor Nabasa) into an empty lot and one of the suggestions was to go into Edit Town and make sure it's a residential lot. I knew it was because it's the empty large lot on Mod Hill in Union Cove and it was the same lot I used for my DITFT attempt. When I went to Edit Town it said I would have to leave the Tutorial. The Tutorial requires you to place the Sim in an empty house due to what it has you do.

But my founder is already married. Didn't marry someone with a large bank account and he married an adult, so my time is limited for baby making. I can always befriend one of the artists up the street and move them in.

Also, while furnishing the house I have a Store Stove from the Bayside Kitchen Set. It was an advent calendar set for 2011. And it's no longer available. The stove increases the speed at which the cooking skill is learned and only costs $650. Only two stoves are cheaper. The non-store stove that does it is the Tri-Forge but it's $1,350. Would I be able to use the Bayside Kitchen Stove (Excessinator Stove)?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3992 on: January 11, 2012, 09:34:23 PM »
Yeah that would be fine to use.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3993 on: January 11, 2012, 09:48:09 PM »
@Seera:

What is DITFT?  Also, why are you in a tutorial while starting the challenge?  Just a little confused by that one.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3994 on: January 11, 2012, 10:04:24 PM »
I just created the neighborhood in a brand new Sims 3 Folder and it defaulted to Tutorial mode and it didn't tell me it was in Tutorial mode. I did manage to get out of it and was able to purchase the proper lot.

Sorry, DITFT = Differences in the Family Tree. It's a challenge where each generation has to complete a different set of objectives. Similar to this challenge in a way except you don't fail if you don't meet the objective. You just lose a point for each missed objective. Oh, and it's 15 generations long (at least, you can do a few optional generations if you have an expansion pack or two).

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3995 on: January 13, 2012, 06:21:59 PM »
Two questions:

1) This ghost won't leave my lot. She stayed overnight and didn't leave, and it's afternoon in my game now. Since this isn't listed in Tech Talk, I'll ask here: Can I please have permission to reset her?

2) Do museums have to be basements? I see tons of basement-museums, but I've just been keeping my portraits on the second floor because the area below the house won't level.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3996 on: January 13, 2012, 06:25:01 PM »
1. Your ghost is most likely stuck which is covered here -

You also do not need to ask for permission to open the cheats panel (Press Ctrl-Shift-C) and use a cheat for the following circumstances:
1. Your Sim is stuck.

2. No, you can put them wherever you want.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3997 on: January 13, 2012, 06:26:39 PM »
That's what stuck is? I thought that "stuck" is when they repeat the same animation over and over and won't stop. :P

Still, thanks! Goodbye, annoying spirit!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3998 on: January 13, 2012, 06:28:56 PM »
Stuck is pretty much everything that requires resetsim to remedy. It can be if a Sim has a bowl stuck to their hand, if they're stuck in an animation, can't get out of an area, or when ghosts don't return to their graves.

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3999 on: January 16, 2012, 02:50:30 AM »
My game got bit with the randomly getting money bug(?). $19,500 worth of random money. It's not royalties or inheritance. And it happened Tuesday night, probably at 10 pm because I hit pause pretty quickly.

My founder is a Level 1 Celebrity.

My gut already knows the answer, but do I have to family funds that money away or do I get to keep the money since it was a bug?

Edit: All of the portraits that had been made up to this point (YA for founder and toddler for generation 2) have gone blank, but I do have photographic proof they were done. As long as I provide you with those pictures will I still be game for HoF or should I see if a previous save file is still good? Well, I can redo my founder's picture as he's still a YA, but my heiress has aged to child. I noticed it when I realized I probably accidentally sold her child portrait.

Edit again: Looks like I'm going to have to go to another save file most likely. Portraits can't even be done anymore. I take the "picture" for them, but then it drops from my painter's queue. And I won't be able to get someone else to level 7 in under 4 days.

So for the first question I asked, I just need to know if it happens again, what should I do.

And for my portrait problem: Since I really want to continue this one, if my previous save file is also glitched, can I just have them do a Still Life as long as the painter has over 7 painting (ie: they can do portraits)? And medium size to not get too much monetary increase.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4000 on: January 16, 2012, 05:11:52 AM »
As for the random money, this is a bug I've heard of for quite a while.  For no apparent reason, the game adds the price of one of the cars to your family funds.  I don't know if Metro will let you keep it or not.

For the other things relating to portraits, I've heard of some of that before, but I don't remember what the solution was.  You're welcome to post a new topic on the Miscellaneous Help or the Skills board to describe what's happening.  I'm sure you'll get answers from some of our members.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4001 on: January 16, 2012, 07:28:53 AM »
@Seera — go back to a previous save. That may magically resolve both issues here — your mysterious "gift" as well as bring the photos back.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #4002 on: January 16, 2012, 10:51:28 AM »
Seera - you may have gone back to the previous save by now, but sometimes when it takes the picture for the portrait but drops the action from the painter's queue, all you need to do is save and go back to the main menu. I'm not sure what the cause is, but it might really be that easy to fix.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4003 on: January 16, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
@Cathy, actually I went to bed and just got up. But I had read that restarting was a fix for the ability to paint portraits.

I did load up the buggy save one more time (I was in a right mind enough to at least save in a new file) mainly to see if that would fix the ability to paint portraits just in case it came up again. And the already painted portraits are showing up again.

So Metro, since you didn't answer my question of if I get to keep the money, do I get to keep the money? They've gotten so far a $19,500 and a $1,200. Since my other glitches have fixed themselves, this leaves the only other glitch affecting the family.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4004 on: January 16, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »
So Metro, since you didn't answer my question of if I get to keep the money, do I get to keep the money? They've gotten so far a $19,500 and a $1,200. Since my other glitches have fixed themselves, this leaves the only other glitch affecting the family.

Tough call. It is a glitch and this good fortune could happen to anyone — just like bad fortune (meteor strike) can happen to anyone. Keep it.