Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978987 times)

Frey

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4050 on: January 24, 2012, 01:16:18 PM »
And it's why I've put up one masterpiece painting that is not a portrait. That should hopefully be more attractive to the burglar. My portraits aren't worth a whole lot.

I hadn't thought about that, it's a good idea  ;D .

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #4051 on: January 24, 2012, 01:46:37 PM »
The room my museum is in is locked to "Everyone but household". It means that all the family can go in and out but burglars can't get in.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #4052 on: January 24, 2012, 02:33:52 PM »
Why not put up a burglar alarm if you are worried about your portraits?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4053 on: January 24, 2012, 02:54:12 PM »
In my first dynasty I put all the museum items in a basement that had no stairs so neither the family or burglars could get to any of the portraits. Strangely enough despite not buying a burglar alarm I never had a burglar. Maybe the crazy blue lady kept them all at bay.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Frey

« Reply #4054 on: January 24, 2012, 06:56:45 PM »
The room my museum is in is locked to "Everyone but household". It means that all the family can go in and out but burglars can't get in.

Does that work? I always figured burglars could somehow unlock doors... like real burglars  ::) .

Why not put up a burglar alarm if you are worried about your portraits?

Because if a burglar steals anything and then he gets caught, sometimes you don't get the stuff back (or do they? I'm not sure anymore). I mean, you get a refund from the "insurance" but not the actual items he stole.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4055 on: January 24, 2012, 07:06:02 PM »
Does that work? I always figured burglars could somehow unlock doors... like real burglars  ::) .

Because if a burglar steals anything and then he gets caught, sometimes you don't get the stuff back (or do they? I'm not sure anymore). I mean, you get a refund from the "insurance" but not the actual items he stole.

I don't think locking doors will keep burglars out.

If the police get there in time and arrest the burglar, you're supposed to get your stuff back in your family inventory.  One trick is to put the burglar alarm outside the house instead of inside.  That will sometimes trigger the alarm before the burglar gets inside the house and he's so busy jumping around and holding his ears that he doesn't steal anything.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #4056 on: January 24, 2012, 07:08:05 PM »
I've never had a burglar get away with any of my stuff with a burglar alarm. I put it right by the front door, meaning they only have to step through it to be caught. They never have a chance to steal anything because they are caught straight away.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4057 on: January 24, 2012, 07:42:26 PM »
Burglars will just waltz through a locked door. Your best bet is to use a secret door from WA (found in the doors section in build mode).

EDIT: or put them in a 3x3 room in the basement (make a separate room for each immortal) with no doors. That'll do it.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #4058 on: January 24, 2012, 09:31:11 PM »
Burglars will just waltz through a locked door. Your best bet is to use a secret door from WA (found in the doors section in build mode).

EDIT: or put them in a 3x3 room in the basement (make a separate room for each immortal) with no doors. That'll do it.

Really? I've twice had a burglar at the door of my museum without getting through. Maybe that's just luck.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4059 on: January 24, 2012, 11:55:54 PM »
Really? I've twice had a burglar at the door of my museum without getting through. Maybe that's just luck.

Did he do the foot stomping pathing issue thing?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4060 on: January 25, 2012, 04:18:29 AM »
Any sims will eat any fruit if it is the only thing they can eat. But if they can eat anything else then they won't.

I have an immortal who is insane, greenthumb and loves the outdoors and he drives me mad as everytime I take my eyes off him and he runs out of things to do he eats the produce out of his inventory. His favourite seems to be the garlic which makes me giggle as he goes into the TV room and everyone gets the stinky moodlet and waves their hands in front of their noses. He will continue eating the produce even after he gets the well fed/stuffed moodlet. The fridge is always stocked with food but he seems to prefer eating the produce from his inventory than the perfect meals in the fridge. Go figure   ???

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #4061 on: January 25, 2012, 09:59:26 AM »
Did he do the foot stomping pathing issue thing?

Yes, he did.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #4062 on: January 26, 2012, 12:24:05 AM »
I know with the photo it has to say "housemate" or something like that. I have problems with one Sim right now where he is a level 5 celeb and the photos keep showing up "celeb sighting" - can I use this or do I keep trying to get one without that?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4063 on: January 26, 2012, 06:16:44 AM »
I know with the photo it has to say "housemate" or something like that. I have problems with one Sim right now where he is a level 5 celeb and the photos keep showing up "celeb sighting" - can I use this or do I keep trying to get one without that?

As long as your Immortal is the primary subject of the photo and the camera registers something for them, then that's fine. What I want to avoid is players exploiting expensive shots of pyramids etc and simply having an Immortal stand off to the side and calling it a picture of the Immortal.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #4064 on: January 26, 2012, 08:38:42 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.

anything