Author Topic: Into the Future - First Impressions  (Read 38294 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Into the Future - First Impressions
« on: October 22, 2013, 05:00:06 PM »
You can share your first impressions of The Sims 3 Into the Future Expansion Pack with other members here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Into the Future - First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:01:24 PM »
Thanks for putting the new board up, Carl.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 07:38:54 PM »
Not a problem, Pam. My first impression is that Oasis Landing is a bit sparse on the outskirts of the town center, but wonder if it gets populated with more houses/descendants if you have a large family. The Wasteland makes me think Judge Dredd. I did the Opportunities from the Time Traveler and managed to open the Mysterious Door in the wasteland, along with the other 3. I took notes while doing it, but thought I'd throw together a fast article about the Time Traveler's first arrival on your lot and emphasize that the 'Assist with Research' opportunities he offers will give newcomers a tour of the town and some gameplay features while earning some Simoleons and skill experience for their Sims.

Edit: there's the page

Offline candyraver69

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 10:14:40 PM »
I am really enjoying into the future despite having trouble figuring out a few things. I like how you can stay in Oasis Landing as long as you want, and there are several things you can do to make money there during your stay aside from the typical things when you are away from home like playing guitar for tips and such. I think a lot of time was put in to really make the theme of the future look good. There is enough new items that everything in the new town looks unique from old sims expansions.

I also love the new plumbots versatility. I made up a few and a few chips and sent one to work, one to fish, and one to harvest plants while I was skilling up bot making some more.

At home my new favorite thing is the rug, I forget the name, that makes plantable floor on any level of the house. Oh all the things I can do with plants now! I havent tried it indoors or with the greenhouse to see of its still plantable but intend to.

Offline simmergeek

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 12:27:56 AM »
I really like it! I'm not a big fan of the new clothing but I think the new build items make up for it. I haven't played the future part a lot since I've been working on my other household, but I plan on making a "Into the Future" game based one tomorrow :)

I really love the hover boards though!!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 04:40:35 AM »
Carl, wow!  I think maybe that's your fastest release of a first guide for an expansion!  I'll put it on Facebook.  Will you also start a thread just for your guide links?

Also, seriously?  I installed Into the Future and started the game.  Went to make a new game and the town isn't listed as an option.  Ugh.  I'll try reinstalling it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 04:48:36 AM »
It wont be Pam, it's more of a travel location not a home town, you can only go there from a home town via the portal.

I don't have the game but I read Carl's page, very insightful  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 05:16:06 AM »
Oh, thank you!  I thought I was losing my mind!  Good grief.  And I even knew that. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LucyLove

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 10:43:29 PM »
I like the expansion so far, the night clubs and music and the whole future design remind me of Mass Effect, another futuristic type game. I'm still figuring a lot of stuff out though. I also like the harvestable plants where the Sim "charges" it with a different emotion. Overall I like it :D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 04:38:06 PM »
I like the expansion so far, the night clubs and music and the whole future design remind me of Mass Effect, another futuristic type game. I'm still figuring a lot of stuff out though. I also like the harvestable plants where the Sim "charges" it with a different emotion. Overall I like it :D

Yeah, I'm  wondering what they do when fully charged - just get brighter in the set color, or perhaps come out more valuable? They have a charge level, which I've only seen at 20% but see you can change it by discharging, then perhaps queue up a few interactions. I also wonder what the result will be when planting them with that charge level high. I'll make a special section for them on the Plant List when I get around to those kind of updates. When I'm making these guides, to do them quickly I have to focus on only one gameplay element, though I do take notes on other things when it makes sense.

I'm trying to get a companion guide to Bot Making for Plumbots out today and if not, tomorrow!  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 05:26:22 PM »
In a way, this feels like a different game. Now that I've been making progress with a sim in the future, I don't really want to return her to the present -- unless it's to trigger a different future! I've found that the only jobs you can have in the future are the new ones. I'd wanted a sim to get a job in the medical profession in the Distopia future, but that's not available.

I'm getting used to the clothing and hairstyles, but I really love the new furniture and the buildings. I've been having my sim use the jetpack to travel because it is the fastest option; even though she's a level 9 in Advanced Technology, she still crashes headfirst from time to time.

One thing I like is the availability of the future technology. The Time Traveler gives your sim a jetpack and hoverboard, and you can pick up a sprite and a holo-computer in the visitors' community lot. I'm sure all of these items would be beyond the budget of a sim that is just starting out.

There seem to be only 4 items in the crashed space ship, but maybe it's possible that the space ship resets. Once you come out, you have to assemble the pieces for the key again.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Jazz Iguana

• Just another brick in the wall
  • Llama Wrangler
  • It ain't easy, being cheesy
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 10:15:24 PM »
I'm really enjoying this expansion so far! Looooove all the new tech stuff and the houses. This might just be my favorite expansion to ever come out. I really like utopia but i can see myself getting very bored of it soon (its so small!) so i'm going to get my sims skills up and move em back to isla paradise and build a futuristic home there.

Really enjoy the robots as well. They're so goofy but awesome because they have lots of battery and can do all your sims dirty work while they lvl their abilities. Pretty much every new item and thing from ITF is so cool and awesome. Especially the little sprites that i had no idea about lol. Too bad they can't interact with dragons.  :P

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 03:14:18 AM »
I am so loving this  ;D The spaceship does reset. You need to keep excavating to find the four pieces of the key - piece number two seems to be a little elusive. There are plenty on nanites to catch in the wastelands - I've found at least one of each variety with the exception of the Polar and the Uber.
As for making money in Oasis Landing, you can have a job in the present and the future. My Sim, who is a self employed gardener in the present, got a wish to join the gardening career while in the future. I looked and it said she was unemployed so I sent her to the city hall where she became self employed there too. Seems that if she harvests things in the future, they go toward her career in the future if she sells them there. If she hangs on to them and sells them in the present, then the proceeds go towards her career in the present. For this reason, it's probably better to have different careers in each time.
You can buy a house (or land and build) in Oasis Landing, so if you wanted to, I can't see any reason why you couldn't just stay there permanently.
I've had one problem though. My Sim married old Ben Kenobi (well his name is really Bennet Obie) who lives in the wastelands, but she did that before she bought a property and I can't get him to move in with her and I can't control him and I can't take him back to the present.
You can't time travel when pregnant, but you can time travel and leave a toddler in the present with just a SimBot! My Sim was pregnant with Bennet's baby and traveled back to the present where she has a SimBot that only has a handy chip. While she was in the present the pregnancy progressed and she couldn't travel again until after the baby was born. I aged the baby up (still just experimenting really) and then sent her to the future on her own deliberately. I expected to get a message that I couldn't leave the toddler home alone, but didn't lol.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 04:10:13 AM »

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 05:16:06 AM »
I have one quick question while I'm waiting for the game to install: Do the sims age in the future? Or do they stay the same age like in World Adventures?
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy