Author Topic: Please Graveyard--The Schlick-Wainwright Legacy--Ghost of a Chance  (Read 91780 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
It's not important how Vlad and Susan were brought together, the point is that they were together.
Though, if you disagree, click on the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They had a happy life together full of love and passion...and full of girls.  They'd had a Sims glitch miracle and Susan had given birth to quadruplets.

Amella, Berucca, Chysm, and Dulcinea.  The beautiful nooboo girls.  Watermelon and the kids' music station made amazing things happen.  Berucca and Dulci had been born vampires, just like daddy.  The girls grew to start displaying that they had similarities to mom and dad, but definitely had their own personalities.

Amella, the constantly disheveled child, took straight to writing.  Berucca, the insane Sim, was a gifted artist.  Chysm, the very reserved musical prodigy, was horribly scarred by her amorous parents at a young age.  And Dulcinea, the couch potato, was rather clumsy.
And here's a close-up of the girls as children.

In order to be sure she could be there for her daughters for a good, long time, Susan made a personal change (with Vlad's help).

Yep, they officially married and she went vampire.
The girls enjoyed their childhood years, even though family outings seemed to only happen at nighttime.  As the days (or nights) went by, the girls grew and became even more distinct in their personalities.

Amella learned to love pillow fighting, rocked leggings with duckies or butterflies on them, and continued with her writing.  She has already finished multiple novels.  She is particularly fond of earth tones.  And leggings.  Always leggings.

Berucca shares in those pillow fights, she continues painting, and she is mastering every instrument she can get her hands on.  She popped an early wish to go with the Renaissance Sim LTW, and being a teen vampire, quickly completed it.  Charisma wasn't one of the skills she used to complete it, hence the nice shot of her mocking one of the guests at their teen party.  As can easily be seen, Berucca likes the color purple and has unique ideas about fashion.

Chysm spends her time trying to avoid people and playing music.  She is particularly infatuated with the violin and the guitar.  She favors the color blue and likes to hide her eyes with her own hair.

Dulcinea, the fourth-born girl, has really gotten into science, and has achieved serious nerd credit.  Hence her social skills include mind melding with her dance partner.  Realizing that Vlad had not been blessed with any sons, Dulci tried to clone him...and accidentally cloned herself.  Dulci favors purple and pink as they go with her hair.

Ezabeth, the clone of Dulci, was quickly caked up to teen by her sisters (while mom and dad were off on a vacation).  Ezzy's interests include...boys.  She also has mastered photography and painting to achieve her LTW.  Like Dulci, Ezzy wears a decent amount of purple and pink to match the hair.

Some interesting things happened throughout their teen years.

Amella had breakfast with the ghost that keeps making poor, cowardly Dulci faint.  Chysm and Berucca both has blackops from school to catch fish and Berucca got more excited than anyone has the right to over catching a tiny minnow.  Ezzy became a horse stalker.  Dulci proved that she can't tell time as she was brought home after curfew by the police.  Multiple times.

Finally, our young ladies became young adults.

Amella continued her passion for leggings and writing, and she registered as a self-employed writer.  She turned out to be a rather lovely young woman who strongly resembles her mother.  Amella has the following traits:  genius, bookworm, ambitious, eccentric, and computer whiz.

Berucca aged up to teen and then YA with the hair I use for Zheena Ghast, so it had to be changed.  I think this is a rather stunning look for her.  She continues to demonstrate her insanity and to exhibit unique fashion sense.  She has accepted a job as an art appraiser.  Her traits are:  insane, daredevil, avant-garde, rebellious, adventurous, and artistic.  She got an extra trait for maxing out the rebel social group.

Chysm is a rather beautiful young woman who would probably be rather popular with the gentlemen if she could ever make eye contact and speak with them.  Our girl continues to be the musician who hates crowds.  Her traits are as follows:  virtuoso, shy, natural born performer, socially awkward, and loner.

Dulci is lovely when she isn't walking around looking terrified.  She has accepted a career in video game development.  Her traits are:  eccentric, clumsy, couch potato, coward, and green thumb.  Due to some odd glitch (perhaps the same one that gave us quadruplets in the first place), she only got four traits, but the extra one from the nerd group brought her back up to five.

Ezzy was caked up to young adult the day after her sisters aged up.  She's a lovely variation on Dulci's looks (which are rather similar to Vlad's).  Her traits (which I did at random) are commitment issues, hydrophobic, eccentric, supernatural skeptic, and artistic.  She has not settled on a career track yet, though photography and painting are forerunners.

So, here are all five girls rocking their formal wear.  left to right, we have Ezzy, Amella, Chysm, Berucca, and Dulci.

One of these lovely young gals will be the founder of a legacy for me.  However, there are some odd twists to my legacy.  To keep the challenge fresh and alive, each heir will move out of the family home and into the home of their new spouse.  At this point, the couple will be made penniless (including selling all items in the house) and will have to rebuild from the ground up (with the exception of actually having a roof over their heads).  Also, each generation will have multiple children and the selection of the heir will be by vote rather than by my favoritism (which will help keep things interesting for me).  I will also not be using watermelons or apples to push gender in either direction.  My founder will already have some LTR points built up, so to limit them from using that to shortcut the poverty stage, they cannot spend any of those points until the firstborn child reaches the teen years.
Here is your challenge, wonderful readers:  you are to choose which of these lovely ladies will be the founder for my legacy.  The link here will take you to that poll.
(Voting has now closed)
The second part of the challenge is that the selection of our starting town will be up for vote as well.  We will either go urban, rural, or fantasy.  The options are Bridgeport, Appaloosa Plains, or Dragon Valley.  The link to that poll can be found here: 
(Voting has now closed)
I'll leave the voting open until midnight of January 7th.
Thanks for taking the time to read and vote.  I'm excited to see where we end up and which of the girls becomes my founder.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Schlick-Wainwright Legacy--Let the Voting Begin!!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 07:01:22 PM »
The founder and first heir:  Chysm Schlick-Wainwright

She had a LTW to max out the music career (symphony branch).  Her traits are as follows:  virtuoso, shy, natural born performer, socially awkward, and loner.  She married Doran Delaney (though her twin boys were from a night spent with Aaron Finnigan).  She was succeeded by the only girl she and Doran had, Arienne.

The second heir:  Arienne Schlick-Wainwright

Her LTW was to be Master of the Arts.  She was trying to also become the empress of evil.  Her time as heir involved marrying Devin, who was the husband of Ari's arch-rival, Cara, then moving in with Devin and Cara.  She had twin girls with Liam Eaves.  She then accomplished her LTW, and married the current emperor of evil's grandson (after a divorce from Devin), then murdered both the new husband and the emperor of evil so she could attain that position.  Ari was succeeded as heir by her daughter Malificent.

The third heir:  Malificent Schlick-Wainwright

Malificent was perhaps the less stable of the twins and ended up somewhat lost when a glitching issue meant moving to Moonlight Falls and leaving her twin behind.  While accomplishing her LTW of getting the level 3 Visa in all three vacations spots, she also looked continually for a replacement twin.  She gave birth to twin daughters:  Tessa and Jessamine.  They were fathered by Cody Pleasant-Mithrilen, her father-in-law, rather than her husband, Scottie.  The voting determined that Tessa would be the next heir.

The fourth heir:  Tessa Schlick-Wainwright

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 07:34:10 PM »
Congrats on the near-win on the other forum! And the premise for this is quite interesting. Will read. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 07:35:07 AM »
Great! A new story by Pippin to look forward to.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »
Congrats on the near-win on the other forum! And the premise for this is quite interesting. Will read. :)
Thanks!  It's only about the third time that I've done a contest, so I was pretty happy just to be that close to winning. 
Glad to have you reading along!

Great! A new story by Pippin to look forward to.
Yep, I'll be bringing my town jump to a close within the next week or two, so I'll just have this one and Ghastly Hallows.  My biggest Simstory challenge has always been trying to write too much and/or play too many files at once.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 12:21:42 PM »

Looks fun! I voted.  :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 01:06:06 PM »
Looks fun! I voted.  :)
Fantastic!  Glad to have you voting and following.  I am thinking of putting together little "mini-interview" segments with each of the girls so everyone can hear the voices of the girls and add that info to their voting.  The voting is set for one vote per day, so plenty of time left to boost your favorite girl  :=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 01:26:59 PM »
The entire girls look lovely, it hard for me to choose Pippin! Already voted but it seems she didn't have any fan yet :P
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 01:38:36 PM »
The entire girls look lovely, it hard for me to choose Pippin! Already voted but it seems she didn't have any fan yet :P
That just means you're a trend setter, Eld  :=)
I'll stage some interview shots for each of the girls tonight so I can get those updates posted tomorrow.  We'll see if that changes some people's minds, or simply strengthens their stance.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 11:53:11 PM »
That just means you're a trend setter, Eld  :=)
I'll stage some interview shots for each of the girls tonight so I can get those updates posted tomorrow.  We'll see if that changes some people's minds, or simply strengthens their stance.

COOL! tell us more about the girls. I reallly want to know what and how they think (specifically about being chosen as the next heir).
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 12:36:34 AM »
COOL! tell us more about the girls. I reallly want to know what and how they think (specifically about being chosen as the next heir).
Will do  :=)  I've got it most of the way ready.  I'll sleep on it, putting finishing touches/edits in tomorrow morning, then post it.  I'm glad you're enjoying my lovely ladies!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Schlick-Wainwright Legacy--The Interviews (Voting is Still Open)
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 11:12:53 AM »

It was a very exciting Thursday at Pippin Enterprises.  This was the day the Pippins would be conducting interviews with the five potential founders for their newest undertaking:  The Schlick-Wainwright Legacy.

Pippin's Self:  So, we'll be posting the interviews in order of your ages.
Berucca:  Can't we do them alphabetically instead?  That would make more sense.
Ezabeth:  Alphabetical and age order are the same thing for us.
Berucca:  Oh, well then can we go alphabetical?
Pippin's Self: ...Uh...sure...

So, first up was Amella being interviewed by Pippin's Shadow.

Amella:  So, it's nice that we both get to work at laptops while we do the interview.
Pippin's Shadow:  (Awkward silence)
Amella:  Aren't you supposed to ask questions for an interview?  Maybe you want to know how I'll handle being the heir?  How much I dread or look forward to the possibility of having quadruplets like mom did?

Pippin's Shadow:  (thinking) If I just ignore her, she'll leave me alone and I can just keep going with my writing.
Amella:  Oh, that's how I do it too!  Sometimes you just want some peace and quiet for writing.

Pippin's Shadow:  (continues ignoring)
Amella:  Yes, you make perfect sense to me!  Writing and reading are great chances to escape from the cold, cruel, legging-hating world.  In fact, I'll just go work in my hotel room on my laptop.  Thanks for chatting with me!  It's so refreshing to find a like-minded individual.

Pippin's Shadow:  (thinking) Now that she's leaving, I miss her.

Meantime, Pippin's Anima was interviewing Berucca.

Pippin's Anima:  Thanks for coming in to chat with me.  You can just take a seat.

Berucca:  You're a girl!
Pippin's Anima:  Umm, yes I am.  Nice of you to notice.  So, about being the heir...

Berucca:  But you're also a guy.  You're the girl of a guy.  Not like the girl who's with the guy, but actually the guy...as a girl!
Pippin's Anima:  Yes, dear.  The "anima" is the feminine part of each person.  So, as I was saying...

Berucca:  Wait!  I just thought of this.  It's very important.
Pippin's Anima:  (sigh) Okay.
Berucca:  Which bathroom do you use?

Pippin's Anima:  We have several all-in-ones.  There's no gender designation for them.  And, it appears you've just used up all of our time chatting about my gender.
Berucca:  Look!  That cat in the painting has a sandwich!

in the studio, Pippin's Self was having a chat with Chysm.

Pippin's Self:  Chysm!  Might I say it is just a pleasure having you with us today.  There are those who say you're the proverbial "diamond in the rough" in this competition.  What do you think about that?

Chysm:  That's nice.

Pippin's Self:  Alright, you're the middle child of the vampire, Vladmir Schlick, and the scientist, Susan Wainwright.  Which one of your parents would you say you are most like?
Chysm:  Both.

Pippin's Self:  Okay.  Next question, then.  If you found this legacy, you'll be expected to have multiple children.  Are you ready for the sort of commitment that raising several children will involve?
Chysm:  (nods)
Pippin's Self:  (sigh) Final question.  What got you interested in music?

Chysm:  Well, really, how could anyone not be into music?  It's like it's own language.  A language that is fluid and flowing.  One that reflects the passionate beat of a lover's quickened pulse or the slowly beating heart of restful peace.  It has the ability to communicate without words and in ways that words can't even accomplish.  It's the only true universal language in all the world. 
And my dad.  He plays piano, so I guess that's how I got started into music.
Pippin's Self:  Wow.  I mean, okay.  Thanks.

In the laboratory, Pippin's Animus sat down for a one-on-one with Dulcinea.

Pippin's Animus:  Thanks for joining me, Dulcinea.
Dulcinea:  Please, call me Dulci.

Pippin's Animus:  Okay, Dulci, how excited are you about being on this show?
Dulci:  Wait, we need to be clear.  Do you mean this interview show, or the legacy?

Pippin's Animus:  Well, I thought I meant the legacy, but I guess both questions are good.
Dulci:  No, never guess.  That's how I ended up with another sister instead of a brother.
Pippin's Animus:  Okay, since you brought that up, how does it feel to not only be one of a set of quadruplets, but to then be the exact duplicate of your other sister?

Dulci:  Honestly, it's kind of annoying.  I love Ezzy dearly and consider her the best mistake I ever made, but we're constantly being compared to each other.  We look exactly alike, but she's the "pretty" one, somehow.  Also, she managed to somehow end up graceful and confident.  I'm just a bit of a klutz.
Pippin's Animus:  So, if you win, would you consider having a clone baby in addition to your actual biological children?
Dulci:  I'd consider it.

Pippin's Animus:  And the final question, what is your favorite vegetable?
Dulci:  Umm, I'm a vampire.  I don't eat vegetables.  Eggplants are purple...so I guess they're my favorite?

And because she requested it, Pippin's Persona is interviewing Ezabeth at Mick's Master Karaoke.

Pippin's Persona:  Ezabeth, thank you for joining me so the readers can get to know you better.

Ezabeth:  Thanks.  So, did you ask me here for any special reason?   Did you just want to get away from everyone else so we could have some time alone?
Pippin's Persona:  Umm, no.  Not at all.  Coming here was your idea.  I just thought you wanted the vibe of the venue for the background, Ezabeth.

Ezabeth:  Please, you can just call me Ezzy.
Pippin's Persona:  Oh, well thank you very much, Ezzy.
Ezzy:  So, now that we've established that, can I just call you "Persy?"

Pippin's Persona:  Umm, how about, no?  Anyway, what sort of qualities do you bring to the legacy that set you apart from your sister?  This is especially important for you given that you're actually the clone of one of your sisters.
Ezzy:  Fashion.  I rock way more stylish leggings than Amella, I pull off Bohemian better than Chysm, I'm eccentric without being an eyesore as Berucca can sometimes be, and dear Dulci doesn't manage to pull off our shared look with nearly the panache I have.

Ezzy:  And, I'm bringing back the belt purse. 
Pippin's Persona:  I'm not sure that was ever popular, so not sure that "bringing back" would be quite accurate...
Ezzy:  And I'm humble.  Did I mention humble?  Anyway, do you want to buy me drinks and take me dancing now?
Pippin's Persona:  Well, it looks like we're all out of time, so I've gotta head back to the office...

So, with the interviews completed, the Pippins offer a reminder to the readers.

Pippin's Anima:  So, if you want your girl to make headline news as our founder, click the link and vote.
Pippin's Persona:  Remember, it's set up to let you vote once per day, so you can keep voting right on voting up until midnight on January 7th.
Pippin's Self:  Unless we set it up incorrectly.
Pippin's Shadow: (thinking) Which is likely with these morons.
All Other Pippins:  We can hear you!

And another reminder, you can click this link to vote for the town where the legacy will start.  Here are the girls in each of our options.
Appaloosa Plains, where the girl are rocking their outerwear by some historic monument or other.  I think they're deliberately avoiding looking at the camera.

Bridgeport, where our girls show their individual personalities by having some freewill time while styling their everyday wear...except Berucca, because she's insane.

Finally, our girls changed into their formal attire and recreated the cover of the Beatles' Abbey Road album in Dragon Valley.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for voting!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Schlick-Wainwright Legacy--The Interviews (Voting Is Still Open)
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 12:27:34 PM »

Haha, I love the Abbey Road recreation! So cute!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 01:40:48 PM »
Haha, I love the Abbey Road recreation! So cute!
Thanks!  That was my favorite too.  I tried making it my avatar image, but it was too small.  I'm impatiently waiting for my own deadline to get here now so I can get this legacy started  :=)
I'm a touch surprised, however, that no one has been championing their favorite(s) in the comments.  (I have favorites, but I'm keeping that to myself)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 02:14:43 PM »

Well, I voted for Chysm first, but now I also like Ezzy. I'm too indecisive!  :-\