Author Topic: Can't reach some spawn sites in Roaring Heights  (Read 2192 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Can't reach some spawn sites in Roaring Heights
« on: December 31, 2013, 11:06:34 AM »
In Roaring Heights there are some spawn sites of rocks, gems, insects and seeds I can't reach. There is no option to walk to the area and when I click on the item to collect it my sims just stomps his feet that he can't reach it. It's like the spawn sites are in a non-routable area. Most of them are in one area along the grass area shown below circled in red.
Does anyone else have a problem reaching this area?

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Re: Can't reach some spawn sites in Roaring Heights
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 08:55:38 AM »
Grimsoul, I built a lovely house right on the outskirts of the beach (upper left hand side of the map shown). They moved in there fine but when I tried to get them to go out for work or opportunities it came up with the route fail stomping of feet etc.

I'm not sure what caused it but I moved the whole house to where one of the bars is located (far right on the map - still on the beach). I still experienced problems (plus I relocated to the empty lot right by the original lot before this).

I ended up removing some of the fencing round my lot which stopped the problem, so I assumed it was the fence as the original problem.

But reading your post has made me wonder if the original problem was the location.... And the fence was a further issue....hmm.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AutumnLeaves

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 05:04:26 AM »
I haven't tried this so it really is just a suggestion, but perhaps if you go to Edit Town and then the World Editor you can drag the collectables to a more accessible spot and then pick them up? Worth a go!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 09:17:50 AM »
I'll check when I'm back in the game but I don't recall being able to see spawners in the World Editor. If there is a way there are several I need to move around. I found one gem spawn that is in the water a little ways and my sim can't reach it either. Plus a few others, like out by the Lighthouse.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.