Author Topic: Library Family / Different Saved Games  (Read 1325 times)

Offline tor548

• Nooboo
Library Family / Different Saved Games
« on: January 10, 2014, 10:58:56 AM »
Good Morning!

I have a question about families and neighborhoods.  Keep in mind I don't have many expansion packs -- so we're just dealing with Base game + late night + high end loft. 

My friend and I created a town in Sunset Valley.  We play together on the weekends.  We've been adding sim-versions of ourselves and our friends as YA's and we change up the active household (mostly households of roommates right now- none of our parents are in the game) everytime we play.  Yes, I know that is avoiding things like goals, lifetime wishes, etc.... We just like to check in and control everyone depending on our moods.  We left storyline progression on and don't mind that things happen in the background.  We've given the Sims a very long lifespan too because we want to stay YA/A for a while.   We have no plans to move anyone from this neighborhood to a new one or to purchase additional expansions (besides possibly Ambitions).  It's a very casual game play.

Last night, I decided I wanted to create another game that I'll play on my own.  I started this game in Riverview and I created my simself again -- this time as a teenager living with my parents, grandparents, and siblings.  I am going to add other families that may be repeats from the first neighborhood, but focus on my family and my teen life meeting all my friends/boyfriend and such.   My question is ... I noticed the sims saved my family in the library and when I logged into our game in Sunset Valley, they were shown as a library family there too.  Will this library family ever move into our Sunset Valley game (via story progression-- we would not choose to move them in as they are essentially duplicates in some cases)?  Should I delete from the library?  If I delete from the library, does that delete them from the other game I have saved?

Thanks and sorry for the kinda confusing and long-winded question. 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Library Family / Different Saved Games
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 11:49:36 AM »
The family won't move in, unless you decide to move them in. If you delete them from the Library, that won't affect your family in the game. The family in the Library is what you first started with, I.e., it doesn't develop skills or age. So, you can delete or not. Hope this helps.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tor548

• Nooboo
Re: Library Family / Different Saved Games
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »
thank you!

I can't wait to look around and get some ideas/inspiration for my new game.