Author Topic: If I move 1 of my sims into a High Rise will I lose the ability to control her?  (Read 2404 times)

Offline conwayjl

• Nooboo
My Sims live in Bridgeport in a house with 2 parents, 2 of their friends, and then the parents have 2 kids.  The kids are young adults and sometimes get the wish of "move into high rise" or "move into penthouse"

I don't want to move my whole family because I quite like the house, but if I already own the real estate to the penthouse can she move there and still be one of my active sims?  I mean, I imagine if I don't move the whole family then it will be 2 separate households, right?

and then won't her wishes disappear thus kind of negating the move?  Either that or the whole family's wishes and opportunities will disappear and I have to choose between playing one or the other household, and in the meantime they will do all their own things and grow older when they are not my active household?

To be clear I haven't actually tried moving her yet, but is there a way I can move her since I own the penthouse already and keep all of the sims under my control at once?  I really don't see the point of fulfilling this wish if either she or all my other sims will lose all of their current wishes as a result.  It's not just about the wish either, I'd be glad to have her living in the penthouse on her own instead of sharing a room with her young adult brother which is pretty ghetto... but not if I have to choose between playing with her or the rest of her family.  Please let me know if it's possible?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
If you own both properties, I think you can have her spend her days and nights there without moving her out of the household. If you move the sim out using the telephone you will have to chose between which sims to continue to follow.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline conwayjl

• Nooboo
Okay, thank you!

But so for the wish it's dead, because I would have to actually move her out right?