Author Topic: Is Monte Vista really glitchy?  (Read 3301 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Is Monte Vista really glitchy?
« on: February 18, 2014, 03:20:52 AM »
I bought Monte Vista around Christmas or so, when there was a sale. I hadn't really played it much, just a little bit to check it all out.
Anyway, I've been playing it for a few days now, and am having all sorts of problems. My map tags have disappeared from map view. I managed to fix it by swapping households, then quickly evicting my main sim and moving her back in, and them swapping back to her household (on which time she managed to fulfill her LTW?). The map tags came back, and all was good.
So then I play today, map tags are gone again. Not a huge problem, I just have to click all over town to find places. But then today my game was freezing intermittently, it started when an alien showed up on my lot, and my Sim decided to talk to her. The game runs fine, until I speak to another sim, where it will then freeze/lag. Once I stop talking to the sim, the game works fine. It was also going weird when I tried to edit that Worries and Woes pub, would go all laggy and do this slow motion zoom out (without me touching anything), then it would do like the save screen thing and then go back to edit town.
Any suggestions? After my last experience, my sim has basically nothing in her inventories, so it's not that. I will try ResetSim *, amd see if that helps. Just wondered if Monte Vista was really buggy.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Is Monte Vista really glitchy?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 09:45:13 PM »
Monte Vista is one of my favourite towns, and I've never had any problems with it (even though I have had problems in other towns).  But I don't have Seasons, which may make a difference.  I also don't have a lot of Sims driving around, since I deleted every parking space in town and put in Llamas everywhere.  I don't know if that helps the lagging issue, but it just seems to me the town wasn't really designed to make it easy to drive around, and the Llamas work well.

I really don't know why different people have issues in different towns.  Starlight Shores and Appaloosa Plains are impossible for me to play in for any length of time, but other people like them.  If ResetSim doesn't work for you, I think I'd try saving the household and starting a new game.  Good luck!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 10:51:24 PM »
Thanks. I deleted cache files, and also did ResetSim *. My map tags are still missing, but that's more annoyance than game breaking. It was running fine today for the little while I played it, but she hasn't interacted with any sims yet. I love Monte Vista, too. I agree with the car thing. My Sim lives in the main part of town, works in the culinary career, so her work is close. But the silly carpool turns up and sometimes she automatically gets in the car, it reverses a couple of feet, then she gets out and runs to work lol.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 11:01:30 AM »
Before IP came out I had SEA and I had no problems in playing the game.  Love that world and my only compliant has been the size of the lots, too many small ones.

I have had a family that had an alien child and no problems, she wasn't any trouble at all. 

I had to make a choice between IP and SEA as my computer can't handle them both and I decided to go with IP, wanted to  check it out.

That is the town that I am having LOTS of problems with.  Since it I have also had problems with WA of my sims not showing up when they arrive there. 

It could be that game just has a glitch, happens sometimes.  My only suggestion is to save the family to the bin, ,start a new game and see if you have the same problems.
Or do a test, create a test family and just play them for a bit and see if you still have the problems. 

anything