Author Topic: Replacing Jimmy Bond: Mission Impossible?  (Read 48291 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Replacing Jimmy Bond: Mission Impossible?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 11:11:27 AM »
Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully this edited rule helps...

• Into the Future needs to be turned off to receive job opportunities. To find out how to do this using Sim Selector 3.0 look at the General Rules or uninstall the old fashioned way using EA's unistaller. You can also elect to play with ITF installed but will not receive opportunities.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 05:01:50 PM »
That is clearer but to shorten it you could have just changed needs to into can be. LoL

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 06:45:35 AM »
I made a few clarifications as a result of a PM yesterday...

The first is that you cannot quit your career...

• You must immediately enter the Law Enforcement career and never quit the job. No other jobs allowed.

The next is that the Sims your secret agent goes on dates and woo hoos with need to be local Sims — i.e. they cannot be Sims met while on vacation and then invited to your town...

• Must go on a date and Woo Hoo with at least one local Sim (cannot be someone you met while on vacation)

Finally, you cannot start building a friendship while on vacation and then finish it later by inviting someone to your Sim’s home town. Obtaining 3 friends on vacation means just that...on vacation...

• Obtain 3 friends. Friendship status need to be obtained while on vacation—no inviting these Sims later to your town for the purpose of becoming friends.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 08:03:20 AM »
Since we're going by minutes in this challenge, can there be some indication as to when we note the time of departure from a town? From the time you start to make the call to the time your sim leaves a town, as many as 30 minutes can elapse. I'd like to suggest that the time to be noted is the time on the screen when you get the pop-up asking which town you want to move to. The game is paused at that point while you decide, so it would be the "same" for everyone.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 08:10:36 AM »
Since we're going by minutes in this challenge, can there be some indication as to when we note the time of departure from a town? From the time you start to make the call to the time your sim leaves a town, as many as 30 minutes can elapse. I'd like to suggest that the time to be noted is the time on the screen when you get the pop-up asking which town you want to move to. The game is paused at that point while you decide, so it would be the "same" for everyone.

Excellent suggestion, Marian. I will clarify that.

---------

EDIT — okay, here we go...

Town Time — When you use your phone to move while in towns #1 and #2 you will get a pop-up screen asking you which town you want to move to. The game automatically pauses at this point. Write down the hours and minutes (and if your finishing time was AM or PM) at that point. You do not need to worry about Weeks and Days in the spreadsheet for towns #1 and #2 because those are carried over to the next town. When you finish in town #3 you will need to note all information — weeks, days, hours, and minutes. Just plug in the appropriate cells in the pink section of the spreadsheet for your Town Time. The spreadsheet will automatically calculate your total Town Time from all three towns at the bottom of the pink section. 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 04:13:08 PM »
Making money from vacation adventures is fine — I kind of lump those into opportunities anyway, but selling relics and other items found while adventuring is not allowed.

• Your Sim can only earn money from their career wages, any opportunities and vacation adventures (do not sell items found on vacation adventures), buying and selling businesses, and selling Celebrity freebies. This is an extremely important rule. If you make money any other way — even if it’s an accident, then you are DNF. Don’t make a mistake. Pay attention to where all household funds comes from. Save your file regularly and in the rare event the game tosses you some free money out of the blue, save your file under a new name, stop playing your file and PM the team with details.

Offline rubywyld

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 09:43:05 PM »
Oh my gosh this one sounds intense.. my biggest fear is hoping that  I actually score it right, LOL  Thank You Lena for the spreadsheet .. they are often a life saver for me.   :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jack Alltrades

• Nooboo
  • Jack of Alltrades, Master of Some
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 02:03:33 PM »
Does this include build mode?  Obviously you couldn't place something in inventory on the lot then destroy it in build mode, that's obviously out.  For example, if I buy a better bed do I have to keep the old one in family inventory?  When we move towns can we sell all belongings or must everything be brought with?  I ask because I was doing a practice run and destroyed an old bookshelf when I upgraded to a better one.  I didn't even think about it until I heard the kaching sound.  That's when I realized oops, that might be bad.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 02:10:33 PM »
Yes, you have to put furniture in family inventory when you upgrade something. When you move, check the "pack belongings" box.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2014, 02:24:51 PM »
MarianT is correct.  If you upgrading furniture, put old one in family inventory and do not sell it.  In build mode, you can't destroy old furniture too.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »
Oh my gosh, this sounds like one very exciting challenge! I'm plotting and planning already  8) Thank goodness there is no 'super maxing' of skills... that would really do my head in!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Myzteree

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 11:21:39 PM »
What about seasons? With the festival it gives you every Thursday off and paid. Do we need to turn off seasons or can we have that day?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 07:08:29 AM »
Hey everyone...here are a few changes:

• Set your seasons option to either 28 days or turn seasons off completely.
  • Upgrading properties you have purchased is fine, but do not place any Family Inventory items on properties you have purchased.
  • Do not sell any items in Buy Mode from purchased properties.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 11:15:57 AM »
I added going to the future as not allowed. If you started already and did go to the future, then please restart.

• Going to University and the future are not allowed.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2014, 08:02:40 PM »
Regarding Job Opportunities:

The team was asked if "events" while on the job were allowed. Since these do not fall into a opportunity slot, they are not allowed.

An example would be, you get a box asking if you want to accept a different job than what you have, or you are rewarded money for saving someone on the job etc. These type of events must be declined since they are not an oppurtunity and placed in an opportunity slot.

If you have already started your file before this was clarified here and know what the amount of the "reward" was, you are allowed to use the familyfunds cheat to correct your household funds. If you do not remember, you are allowed to restart your file.

anything