Author Topic: Academic performance bug?  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Academic performance bug?
« on: June 18, 2014, 12:22:05 AM »
Hi again,
I was wondering how the academic performance bar is supposed to normally work? I think it may be bugged?
Firstly, my Sim is doing an arts degree, and the first two semesters, with barely any skills, she did 12 credits over two terms, so not much of a workload. She easily got a full performance bar, and it didn't really drop very fast, was quite easy to keep it fully green.
Now she is back doing 24 credits over two terms (as she gained some credits from the aptitude test) to complete her degree. Everything seemed fine, didn't take long to get the performance bar full again. Then I noticed her needs got stuck, they wouldn't drain, and I couldn't use the slider cheat, either. So I reset my sim, and everything was fine. But now my performance meter seems to be draining very quickly. She had a full bar, and between going from a lecture to straight home, it basically dropped to halfway. Is this normal? She has double the lectures etc from her first two terms, so does it decrease faster because she is doing a heavier workload? It seems strange that it is dropping so fast. I understand it should drop, but I would think it would drop halfway down after at least a whole 24 hours of not doing any study, rather than it dropping to halfway on the trip home? She works hard in the classes, takes notes etc in lectures, studies at the computer, plus uses items like the guitar and does art a fair bit, but as soon as she stops, bang. I reset sim again after I noticed this to see if it fixed anything, but it didn't.
Thanks

Dellena

Re: Academic performance bug?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 03:32:26 AM »
It does sound like a bug.  It shouldn't drop that fast, that quickly.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 06:52:39 AM »
While it does drop faster with a higher course load, it sounds like it is dropping much faster than it should be.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 06:09:02 AM »
Just wanted to add that next time I played, it was still dropping fast, but then had a weekend so the academic bar disappeared, then when the school week started again, it seems to have corrected itself. I did notice that the needs bar seems to get stuck between going from one lecture to the next, as there is a 2 hour gap between, in different venues. It seems to happen when it automatically adds "go to so and so lecture hall" in the action queue. So maybe that had something to do with the academic performance bar, too?  Anyway, happy to say for the moment she's an A grade student again