Author Topic: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features  (Read 103521 times)

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features
« Reply #345 on: August 26, 2014, 04:48:06 PM »
Simguru Ryan & SimguruHauts(?)(Real name Aaron) were the hosts. Stream was 1 hour long.

Please note, these are just my observations from watching the stream live. I didn't have time to go back and count objects or scrutinize everything. This is a general overview of what happened during the stream in a mostly chronological order. The SimsVIP has the entire video you can watch and pick apart for yourself :)

Build mode

Styled rooms - at least 5-8 rooms per room category (bathroom, bedroom, living room, kitchen etc)

Styled room chosen had 3 preset color schemes you could choose from: mustard yellow, brown, tan.

3 presets for wall height - uncertain if you can manually adjust wall height

Can purchase individual objects from other styled rooms and drag/drop from menu into room you are building.

3 different door heights to correspond with 3 wall heights (small, medium, tall)

Foundation was added in after 4 rooms already built. Adjustable foundation height slider adjusts whole house at once. Different foundation cosmetic styles can be applied to different rooms of house.

Stairs auto adjusted to match building height. Can drag stairs wider/thinner. No need to place multiples.

Auto windows - Can place windows around a whole room at once, spaced evenly with click of mouse instead of placing windows individually.

Windows can be placed at different heights on the wall independently.

No supports needed to make cantilevers! Floating room shown. 2nd floor room was dragged off roof. Room was then floating in air with nothing underneath it. SimGuru tip: to increase height of a floating room, keep copying room on top of itself, then deleting room below it to make it higher.

Auto roof tool: eaves can be adjusted both at once or hold shift to adjust one side of roof.

Styled Kids rooms: 5 styles, 3 preset color schemes for each room.

Design tool: click on object to bring up a small menu of preset colors for object. Bed shown had about half a dozen preset color combos.

Styled rooms can be unlocked as career rewards. ex: kitchen for chef, artist's studio for artist. Rooms have objects pertinent to that career in it.

Anything you put on the walls can be adjusted in height.

Live Mode

Entertainment object called Motion Gaming Rig was put into room and Sim was allowed to use it. Full 3D gaming simulator. SimGuru avatar was playing a Tetris like game inside the simulator by actually placing virtual blocks on virtual columns with his hands.

Back to Build Mode

Object can also be moved out from underneath Sim when game was in build mode. Room was deleted with Sim in it when game was put back into build mode. (In Sims 3, this would have resulted in an object cannot be deleted when in use error)

Outdoor plants category can be placed on top of roof.

Fountain tool: Can drag out square shapes for fountain. Also has menu of lights and water jets for your fountains.

4 different light settings to view your lot in build mode to see how lot looks during the course of a day. Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night.

Gallery

Can share whole house to Gallery or just a single room from the house.

TS4LiveStream is username to search in Gallery for anything uploaded to the Gallery from this weeks live streams. Anything uploaded to the Gallery (lots, rooms, sims) are automatically saved locally to your computer as well.

One Last Look at Build Mode

Resize cheat was used to make a tiny bowl of fruit from a counter top to a GIANT bowl of fruit larger than the house in the back yard. Cheat was also used on topiary elephant. (I don't know what the actual resize cheat is)

Dellena

« Reply #346 on: August 26, 2014, 07:45:35 PM »
Three things that stood out for me:

1.  Placement of objects on the grid can snap to whole tile, half tile, quarter tile or free placement (quarter tile is new)

2. They didn't have to place a floor tile first, outside the front door, for the stairs to work.  Placing the stairs also placed the floor tile.

3.  You no longer have to make your sim leave an area/room/object to work with the object.  You can move the object, delete a room, whatever, and the sim will simply reset nearby if they were in the way or interacting with the object.

I kinda see why they haven't put MoveObject in yet.  A lot of the reasons I used to use it have been fixed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #347 on: August 26, 2014, 07:50:10 PM »
Sounds like it was really interesting. Thanks to those that posted the info from the video. I wasn't able to watch it, I hope they put it up on youtube or something for those of us that wasn't able to catch the live feed.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #348 on: August 26, 2014, 09:14:33 PM »
I love the quarter tile placement and the free placement of TV's on walls. I love the fact that you can place trees etc on your roof tops. I can't wait to make a roof top garden.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #349 on: August 26, 2014, 09:28:42 PM »
jillz, thanks for all the info! My computer didn't like the feed from Twitch at all, so I spent a frustrating hour getting snippets of information. Your summary was very helpful.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Naria

« Reply #350 on: August 26, 2014, 09:45:39 PM »
SimsVIP recorded and uploaded the Let's Play. http://simsvip.com/2014/08/26/watch-live-the-sims-4-live-broadcast-august-26th/

There was so many things I was so excited to hear about. Auto placement of windows probably being right up there with the penguin tv!  ;)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #351 on: August 26, 2014, 10:40:02 PM »
I really like the ability to place foundations underneath existing rooms. My dynasty sims always start out with a one-room house that later has to be demolished so I can give them a house with a foundation. And there are 8 levels!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #352 on: August 26, 2014, 10:50:41 PM »
I plan on watching the streams for the rest of the week and I'll post my summaries of each day. They are also doing a live broadcast at PAX(gaming convention) this weekend on Saturday at 4PM PDT. And SimGuru Ryan said they will be showing/streaming every day until launch next week. I haven't heard about plans for next Sunday or Monday yet.

I was really impressed with the new building tools in action. I can't wait to try them out. Maybe my houses won't just be multilevel square boxes anymore!

In order to unlock the career reward rooms, you have to reach level 10 in the career and it looked like there was a room for each career. That looks like it will be fun to do.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #353 on: August 27, 2014, 01:21:04 AM »
First, thanks to those who saw it, and gave their impression of it.

jillz, thanks for all the info! My computer didn't like the feed from Twitch at all, so I spent a frustrating hour getting snippets of information. Your summary was very helpful.
Twitch was actually acting up more so than normal, especially depending on your area.  (I was trying to catch a couple other things and they ran into issues).

I also know at the time Time-Warner pretty much was down for most of their customers during that time as well.

I hope they put it up on youtube or something for those of us that wasn't able to catch the live feed.

SimsVIP has part 1 of the Twitch demo on Youtube.  You can see it here:
Let's Play The Sims 4: Live Broadcast (August 26th)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #354 on: August 27, 2014, 05:14:04 AM »
I watched a bit of the demo last night but most of it this morning. I have to say, I am really looking forward to trying out build mode for myself. I love to build in The Sims 3, but roofs were my worst nemesis. They seem so much easier to use and I love the recolouring of roofs, too. I probably won't use styled rooms much but I do really like the look of them. I am really excited about wall heights, quarter tile placement and the foundation tool, although I would much prefer to be able to use different foundation heights around the lot. However, I can definitely overlook this.

Looking at the weird house they built, I thought that it looked almost exactly like my first Sims house in its "modern" appearance!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #355 on: August 27, 2014, 05:30:15 AM »
I watched that demo and all I can say is this coming week is going to drag by! I keep telling mysellf that I am really going to play the actual game more in the beginning to get to know it, but looking at the things they were doing, I have all these ideas of things to try. I know we won't have the CFE cheat, but I'm wondering if there will be ways around it. I can see me playing for short periods separated by long stretches of building lol
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Dellena

« Reply #356 on: August 27, 2014, 06:03:30 AM »
I don't think we'll see a CFE cheat until they sort out pools and basements.  But I'm like you on the waiting - it's going to draaaggggg and I'm in the UK, so release is on the 5th.  I'll be so jelly of the US folks. :D

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #357 on: August 27, 2014, 06:12:40 AM »
I don't think we'll see a CFE cheat until they sort out pools and basements.  But I'm like you on the waiting - it's going to draaaggggg and I'm in the UK, so release is on the 5th.  I'll be so jelly of the US folks. :D
I'm in the UK too. Three days of boredom, jealousy and lots of YouTube. Also, I can guarantee that the forums will explode next week as people start to receive their games.

Just as a matter of interest, how are people getting their games? Personally, I have ordered off amazon.co.uk for delivery.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Dellena

« Reply #358 on: August 27, 2014, 08:11:07 AM »
I have too, Bubbles.  George, my postman, will likely get a big hug from me when mine arrives.  Good thing he's been our postman for over 18 years. :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #359 on: August 27, 2014, 10:09:20 AM »
I'm in South Africa and unless you buy online the games are only available in stores about 2 weeks after release :'( and to top it off my cousin is supposed to buy it for me as a Thanks for helping him pass Grade 12 (I tutored him every weekday for 2 months, 4 hours per day) and he only gets paid on the 25th of September so I'll have even longer to wait! If he even remembers to buy it that is (hold thumbs for me please)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*