Author Topic: Tip: Classically Cool Fixer-Upper Car & Roomates  (Read 7397 times)

Offline sparilis

• Nooboo
Tip: Classically Cool Fixer-Upper Car & Roomates
« on: August 18, 2014, 12:38:50 AM »
I downloaded and installed Roaring Heights today and then went back to playing in Monte Vista. In that game, I have a Sim with 6 roommates. This was my first time playing with roommates and I discovered that as long as you dismiss the sloppy ones, they are great to have around. My Sim came home every night to a clean house and leftovers in the fridge.

So, what does that have to do with Roaring heights? Well, I bought the Classically Cool Fixer-Upper Car for that game in Monte Vista and put it in the garage, thinking that I'd have my Sim work on it eventually. About a week went by before I sent her to work on it, but when she did, I discovered that it was all done! The industrious little roommates had done it while we weren't looking. 

I sold it for $39,000 and bought another one. Same thing a week later - all done and my Sim didn't lift a finger. Between the rent and the car restoration, my Sim is making a great living off of these roommates.

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
Re: Tip: Classically Cool Fixer-Upper Car & Roomates
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 02:43:23 AM »
It needs approximately 14 hours to tune the car, and you'll quickly deplete your energy while doing it. My sim can only stand about 6 hours tuning the car with full energy, but I'm not sure if handiness skill helps.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sparilis

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 09:51:05 AM »
I never really got a chance to time it since the roommates worked on it over the course of the week without me seeing them.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 06:47:06 AM »
Apparently, that object has a very high "play with me!" factor for non-player sims. If I have it on my lot, any guests who visit will make a bee-line for it to work on it themselves. So, if you want someone else to do the work for you, it's not hard to achieve. If you want your sim to gain Handiness skill from it, put it away in family inventory while guests are visiting or, if you have roommates, whenever you are not working on it.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

anything